Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award travel using saaver for 1st for 1 leg?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Award travel using saaver for 1st for 1 leg?

I want to fly SAN-ORD-YUL. No saaver is available ord-yul. A saaver in first is available SAN-ORD. Is there any way for me to pay 25,000 miles one way and be in the first cabin san-ord but in the economy cabin ord-yul?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:23 pm

Unfortunately not. You cannot mix saver first with anytime economy, even though the mileage cost is the same.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Yes, you can do this, but there has to be saaver Y from ORD-YUL.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

That's unfortunate.

How about if I find saaver in F on day 1 SAN-ORD and saaver ORD-YUL the following day. Is there a way to book that?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:34 pm

You're not allowed a domestic stopover greater than 4 (or is it 6?) hours. If it's last in first out (last flight of the day, connecting to first flight out), you may be able to do it.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

If it's last in, first out, can I book it online? Or will I have to call in? I don't see how to do it online.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by emaij
If it's last in, first out, can I book it online? Or will I have to call in? I don't see how to do it online.
Yea, you'll have to call in. You can book the awards separately, and then ask AA to combine them into one. This might let you avoid the phone fee if that's what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.