Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA called to inform of cancelled flight.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2001, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Just before Christmas I was scheduled to fly to ELP from BOS. AA called me to tell me my flight was cancelled and put me a flight later in the day. They caught me before I left for the airport so I had enough time to have lunch with friends.

But the best part is that when I happened to mention that I was meeting my roommate in El Paso who was flying Delta, the Rep looked up his flight and noticed it was canceled also. She then called Delta and arranged to put him on the same (AA) flight I was on. .

Excellent customer service AA!

As a side note, my rommate ended up getting ff miles for the Delta flight he should have been on--as well as the AA flight he actually flew.
Old Jan 22, 2001, 2:07 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
I've received calls from AA before on occasions where a flight has been canceled. I appreciate it - regardless of what time of day it is. If AA decides at 2AM to cancel my 7AM flight, I'm much happier getting a phone call about it than I am finding out at the airport.

If you don't like late-night phone calls, fly United.
Old Jan 22, 2001, 2:31 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Re: late-night phone calls

How long have answering machines and ring on/off switches been around? 20 years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.