Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dan Garton and Mike Gunn Address Info.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2000, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Dan Garton and Mike Gunn Address Info.

Help. - I'm desperate and am trying to help a friend who had flights from H-ll last week and would like to write to Gunn and Garton.

There was a post out here under a thread last week with their addresses and now I can't find it.

If anyone knows the addresses , can you please repeat them here. The matter is urgent and I really need your help.

Sincerely - I really appreciate it.
Bless the person (or people) who help me).

AA Platinum Member.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The thread was: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/001033.html

All I did was to search the AA forum for "Garton."

(BTW: they're [email protected] and [email protected].)
Old Jun 21, 2000, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks..
Old Jun 27, 2000, 2:49 pm

Good luck. I emailed them both AND snail-mailed customer relations over two weeks ago, and haven't gotten so much as a "thanks for your email" confirmation message.

Flew NW several times last week, though, and found it refreshingly pleasant to arrive and depart on time for every leg, in properly maintained aircraft, with no maintenance delays...and for several hundred dollars less than AA wanted to charge for the same flights. And I was just about to make Platinum, too. <sigh>
Old Jun 27, 2000, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

SherynB,

To be honest, I'm not surprised...
Old Jul 5, 2000, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

What is Dan Garton's title - does anyone know how high up he is?

Thanks -

AA PLT member
Old Jul 5, 2000, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Dan Garton is VP, Customer Service.

And, SherynB, I also flew NW last week - Boston area to Singapore, 20,000 miles round trip, that many PLT bonus miles AND status miles down the drain, along with most of my chance for EXP this year - but they charged $1250 when AA wanted $4,000+ for the same days! If I want to, I can do more than 20K worth of pure mileage runs in December for a lot less $ than the difference. No complaints about NW, all but one of the flights were on time and that one was the last in a connection chain so it didn't make much difference, but it wasn't the same thing. The people, with the exception of two on the ground at Singapore who went far beyond what I had any right to hope for (see my trip report for details) were ordinary and somewhat humorless. The food was unexceptional and the movies (747 coach) were hard to see. After spending that many hours in the air I REALLY appreciate the "more room in coach" program - and I'm not a big person. I'll stick with AA for now, thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2000, 9:33 pm

I have to update...in all fairness to AA. I got two letters from them (from two different people, neither of them the ones I e-mailed) the week after I posted the last message. One explaining the weather delay, and the other with a travel voucher and couple of Admiral's club passes (and only a week after I gave up and paid the membership so I would have someplace to go during one of my fast-becoming-regular all-day stays in DFW, ah well.)

I was pleased...until I got to the part where they said "note that baggage claim has sesnt you a check, so I trust that issue is resolved"...after a half page of my letter had dealt with the fact that they paid $108.75 on a $2,053.00 claim. I responded to point that out, and await their reply.

I also pointed out that people who receive email should respond timely, even if it is only to say that they've passed the message on to appropriate parties....otherwise, after a couple of weeks people like me assume that they don't care.
Old Jan 17, 2001, 8:11 am

IMHO, a good e-mail with sensible requests usually gets the problem solved. I am really happy with the help I got from Mike Gunn's office by a certain Rita Lewis who went to great lengths to undo the problems that some other csr-s had created. It took her several weeks to sort out the mess but eventually she did it to my satisfaction. I'm happy!

And I wish to thank my fellow FT-ers who made available the info that complaints should be sent to messers Gunn & Garton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.