Wiki Posts
Search

Number of million miles on card -- AA please change display

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2001, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Number of million miles on card -- AA please change display

As a multi-million miler, I would like to see AA change the way they display the number of million miles on the card and on the luggage tag.

Specifically, the oval is great to distinguish million milers from non-, but it does a poor job in distinguishing the multi million milers. The digit is so small, that it's very hard to read, and only a few AA employees get to see why the back of my body is shaped like a Recaro seat, slowly changing to adopt the outline of an always-inflated-lumbar-cushion BA one. BTW, I tend to get better and more "senior" treatement from those who do catch the number of million miles on my card than those who don't.

All kidding aside, it would be great if AA would change that oval into something else, like stars, diamonds, or something else besides the inscription. One diamond + inscription = 1 million miles; two diamonds + inscription = 2 million miles; three diamonds + inscription = 3 million miles, etc.

I am sure AA marketing can figure out the optimal solution, hopefully before the new cards go out.
Old Jan 6, 2001, 4:59 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Are we sure that we are going to get new luggage tags. My 1998 and 1999 EXP tags had a year on it. My 2000 did not. I hope I get new tags this year, but for people requalifying there is not that much need with the old tags not having a date on them.
Old Jan 6, 2001, 9:25 am

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I too also hope we get new ones....with or without the year.

Everyone has to admit, after a year of being banging around, stuffed in overhead bins, thrown through x-rays machines...they look pretty beaten up.
Old Jan 6, 2001, 10:35 am

how long did it take you to get your new luggage tag once you crossed the million(s) mile threshold?
Old Jan 6, 2001, 12:04 pm

I crossed two million miles December 1. On December 20 I received a letter from Mike Gunn, new EXP card noting two million mile status and two VIP2s. No new luggage tags.

I'd like some, but I like the VIP2s more .
Old Jan 6, 2001, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EP
On Dec. 13 I crossed 5M and as yet nothing has arrived.
Old Jan 10, 2001, 12:26 pm

I hit 3M on December 21 (THANKS JPNBNS!)

I am not expecting to receive anything until my 2001 EXP kit arrives. To get anything earlier would be a nice suprise.

------------------
Fundi
Old Jan 10, 2001, 2:00 pm

Here's a suggestion:
1 million = pink harts
2 million = yellow moons
3 million = orange stars
4 million = green clovers
5 million = blue diamonds

Hilrider wrote: "It would be great if AA would change that oval into something else, like stars, diamonds, or something else besides the inscription. One diamond + inscription = 1 million miles; two diamonds + inscription = 2 million miles; three diamonds + inscription = 3 million miles, etc."

------------------
He who dies with the most miles ... is dead.
Old Jan 11, 2001, 7:12 am

ONTHEROAD: Good post!
Old Jan 11, 2001, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Do the million milers get the VIP2's every year with their kits or only when they qualify with 2 million miles?
Old Jan 11, 2001, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Ontheroad -

That was a magically delicious post!

Greg
Old Jan 11, 2001, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Originally posted by FFMilesJunkie:
Do the million milers get the VIP2's every year with their kits or only when they qualify with 2 million miles?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

From what I know, the 2 VIP2s are given the one time when the 2MM threshold is reached. The only other way to earn VIP2s is to qualify for EXP. They receive 4 per year.

FewMiles..

------------------
Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage: http://home.webflyer.com/fewmiles/AA/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.