Booze-Plane Count?

Old Mar 19, 13, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Booze-Plane Count?

Right now I cannot perceive times zones, having been through too many. I got onto an 8:45 AM EDT flight and asked for a Bloody Mary. The guy next to me, whom I did not know, ordered the same. The FA served breakfast and asked what else we wanted to drink. I responded, "another Bloody Mary." The guy next to me said, "I'll also have another.

The FA brought each of us a can of BM mix, and also two of the little Absolut Vodka bottles. I enjoyed the second BM, and put the two shot-sized ones in my under-the-seat-in-front-of-me-bag (4E). They guy next to me drank his (Salute!)

As I was getting off the plane the pilot stood up and gave me a dirty look, even as I did my customary turn to the FA in the galley to thank her for her service. I received really, really dirty looks all around.

I didn't want the two mini's, but I thought, since they were given, why not keep them?

I had a tight connection, and my plane landed 25 minutes late My connecting gate was just a few gates down. Often, with this connection, they will hold the gate open when they know someone is checked in, and is coming.

Although I arrived at the connecting flight gate ten minutes early, they closed the door right in front of me, and they wouldn't let me board. Thus, I am on a five hour lay-over.

Paranoid? Somehow, I trace it to the very bad looks all around that I received when exiting the plane, as if I was absconding with something forbidden.

Is it wrong to take little liquor bottles from the plane?

Last edited by Perche; Mar 19, 13 at 1:32 pm Reason: clarity
Old Mar 19, 13, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by Perche View Post
Right now I cannot perceive times zones, having been through too many. I got onto an 8:45 AM EDT flight and asked for a Bloody Mary. The guy next to me, whom I did not know, ordered the same. The FA served breakfast and asked what else we wanted to drink. I responded, "another Bloody Mary." The guy next to me said, "I'll also have another.

The FA brought each of us a can of BM mix, and also two of the little Absolut Vodka bottles. I enjoyed the second BM, and put the two shot-sized ones in my under-the-seat-in-front-of-me-bag (4E). They guy next to me drank his (Salute!)

As I was getting off the plane the pilot stood up and gave me a dirty look, even as I did my customary turn to the FA in the galley to thank her for her service. I received really, really dirty looks all around.

I didn't want the two mini's, but I thought, since they were given, why not keep them?

I had a tight connection, and my plane landed 25 minutes late My connecting gate was just a few gates down. Often, with this connection, they will hold the gate open when they know someone is checked in, and is coming.

Although I arrived at the connecting flight gate ten minutes early, they closed the door right in front of me, and they wouldn't let me board. Thus, I am on a five hour lay-over.

Paranoid? Somehow, I trace it to the very bad looks all around that I received when exiting the plane, as if I was absconding with something forbidden.

Is it wrong to take them?
1. The booze is for drinking on the plane. Just as the stuff in the lounge is for drinking and eating in the lounge.
That said, I have been know to take a baby can or two of soft drinks from the BA lounge

2. 10 minutes before flight time is NOT too early. It is past the time you are supposed to be at the gate.

3. I doubt the pilot stood up and gave you a dirty look for taking the vodka.
Old Mar 19, 13, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Paranoid?
Since you asked, I'd say yes. I doubt the FA cared what you did with your minis. I double-doubt that either of the pilots cared, and I triple-doubt that either of them took it upon themselves to contact the GA at your connecting gate and ask him/her to mess with you.
Old Mar 19, 13, 1:39 pm

Are you trying to link missing your connecting flight with dirty looks and sneaking out booze?

It sounds like they're all unrelated.

How would the pilot know you hid two minis in your bag? Did your seatmate report you?

I think you're feeling guilty and seeing things that aren't there.
Old Mar 19, 13, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin View Post
Are you trying to link missing your connecting flight with dirty looks and sneaking out booze?

It sounds like they're all unrelated.

How would the pilot know you hid two minis in your bag? Did your seatmate report you?

Maybe the seeing things is alcohol related
Old Mar 19, 13, 1:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...

I have to assume that the thread was intended as a joke. It's hard to imagine anyone asking those questions seriously.

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Maybe the seeing things is alcohol related
Unless....

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 13, 2:01 pm

The only thing out of the ordinary and would catch the attention of the F/A would be if she saw you with the minis from your bag. You are not supposed to consume alcohol that is not given on the plane.

Now if she did not know you had these minis in your bag, there is nothing out of the ordinary with your trip. Plenty of people have Bloody Mary's at 8AM (especially in 1st). In regards to your connection, the gate closes 10 minutes prior. In any case, nobody was out to get you, and they did not cause you to miss your connection.
Old Mar 19, 13, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Last time I asked to purchase a couple Glenlivets for the road at the end of a JFK-SFO flight (while in J), the FA laughed at me and brought me four for free in a nice bag.
Old Mar 19, 13, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, SPG GLD, Hyatt GLD
It's only a conspiracy theory when you're not sure if it's true

As to
Originally Posted by sts603 View Post
Last time I asked to purchase a couple Glenlivets for the road at the end of a JFK-SFO flight (while in J), the FA laughed at me and brought me four for free in a nice bag.
happened to me many, many times...
Old Mar 19, 13, 2:54 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Given the drink in question, I'm going to go with "The Tell-tale celery heart"
Old Mar 19, 13, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sts603 View Post
This happened to me not too long ago, but I didn't ask for anything "to go" -- the FA just left me a sick bag filled with Canadian Club Reserve bottles at my seat.

Another time from MIA to JFK, they ran out of Glenlivet, so I asked what else they had. The FA brought me 1 of each type of whisky. I picked one, and he brought me that type of whisky in a glass, leaving me with a handful of whisky to consume while waiting for my luggage at JFK
Old Mar 19, 13, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And always remember: Just because you are paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you
Old Mar 19, 13, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Well, I'm just sitting here for my fifth hour, in Dallas. It just seemed that on the way out, the usual, 'thank you for flying American," was conspicuously absent.
Old Mar 19, 13, 3:37 pm

Well, I'm just sitting here for my fifth hour, in Dallas. It just seemed that on the way out, the usual, 'thank you for flying American," was conspicuously absent.
What else are you noticing today? Is it uncannily quiet, or perhaps extremely noisy? Do the other waiting passengers look like they know something but aren't telling? Do the responses to your posts on FT seem different in tone, somehow?
Old Mar 19, 13, 3:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
By virtue of the fact that you are EXP and on FT certifies you as mentally ill

Now that you are seeing all these people out to get you may mean that you have been flying to long.

I suggest staying off planes and bars for 2 weeks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: