5 Million Miles Gift

Old Oct 18, 2000, 10:49 am
Original Poster

5 Million Miles Gift

About a year ago I hit 5 Million AAdvantage miles. The normal VIP's were issued and a nice letter.

Yesterday a box from Tiffany's arrived with four glasses and a thank you note from Mike Gunn for the business.

A very nice touch from American Airlines.

Old Oct 18, 2000, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Congratulations, '747'! That is a truly impressive milestone to have achieved. And what a lovely way for AA to have recognized your loyalty.

Wishing you many more miles of happiness and success,

Bill
Old Oct 18, 2000, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EP
747 - a big milestone! (hitting 5M).
Did the glasses have the AA etched on them?
Old Oct 18, 2000, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA - Hilton
Impressive - Well done. What a staggering number.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 1:57 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Cool! You are possibily of one AA's loyalist customer!

BTW, What occupation normally FTers do for living such that they have chance (so cool in my opinion at this moment but maybe not so cool when I get to it) to travel that much? Flying is only a lesure out of my pocket money at this moment.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 2:01 pm

HK-UMICH, I too wonder what fellow FTers do for a living, allowing them to travel so much. Two points of reference:

1. The Who We All Are threads. There are a series of seven or so of these threads, all linked together, plus a "database" available from BlondeBomber's site. Fters give brief (and not so brief) bios, so you might want to check it out.

2. I started a thread in the Community form titled What Do you Do? asking FTers to give a brief mentioning of their occupations. Check it out as well.

I would post a link but the serach feature and I are on a fight.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 6:13 pm

What is the record for most miles earned in a lifetime?
Old Oct 19, 2000, 7:22 am
Original Poster

No...the glasses did not have the AA etched in them.

I wished they had done that but I guess I'm just tacky !
Old Oct 23, 2000, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am at 3 million (3.9, closing in on 4), and was pleasantly surprised to receive a nice silver wine bottle stopper from Nieman Marcus with a globe an the words "Thanks a million" inscribed on it.

I have to say that it was a welcomed unexpected surprisem, and that I really appreciated it. Way to go, AA.

PS My girlfriend happened to be around when I opened. She happens to be a UA 1K who doesn't like UA much since she's met me (AA people and management are much better than UA's), and this really shocked her even more.

Way to go AA.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 7:26 am

I got my Tiffany's glasses Saturday for being over 5 million. First time something like this. When I hit 1 million on Delta I got Tiffany's candlestick holders. When I hit 1 million on Continental I got nothing. When I hit 2 million on Marriott and Hilton I got nothing.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 8:06 am

Milesrus, that's shocking that you didn't get more recognition for those milestones!

Perhaps you can take some satisfaction in our congratulations for making you most recent "million!"

Old Oct 24, 2000, 9:20 am

Originally posted by scrog:
What is the record for most miles earned in a lifetime?
Scrog
I have no idea who would have the most miles, but the founder of my company had a brass AA FF card encased in acrylic denoting his ten million mile status. I knew he flew for at least four years after getting this.

Old Oct 24, 2000, 9:25 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FFFundi:
[B] Scrog
I have no idea who would have the most miles, but the founder of my company had a brass AA FF card encased in acrylic denoting his ten million mile status. I knew he flew for at least four years after getting this.

Huge achievement.
That's a lot of BAD airline food

Hillrider
Thanks for the info. I will hit 3M on AA in Dec.-Jan. Looking forward to my gift.

Old Oct 24, 2000, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FFFundy

I think this gift was una tantum, and that you won't automatically get it by reaching your milestone. Just a nice written letter ant two VIP2 certificates.

Good flying!
Old Oct 24, 2000, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EP
Yesterday I got a box with four Tiffany glasses and a hand written note from Mike Gunn thanking me for my 4M miles (closing in on 5M soon)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.