Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Invitation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2000, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Admirals Club Invitation

I just received an invitation to join the Admiral's Club in the mail. Also included a comp. visit to get acquainted in the club. The mailer was out of DFW. FYI!!
Old Oct 22, 2000, 12:17 pm

Was it an invitation to visit any A Club or just the one at DFW? They have a pretty good one/s down there.
Old Oct 22, 2000, 2:43 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I am PLT, live in Dallas and received an invitation to any of the DFW clubs. I was also told I would receive 2 comp. upgrade stickers if I joined. I am seriously considering joining.
Old Oct 22, 2000, 4:11 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
A little off topic, but anyone know what the status is on the new club in terminal A at DFW? I haven't been in DFW in a couple months and curious to know when it opens....

I really need to get home more often
Old Oct 22, 2000, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
freeupgrade:

The same invitation came to me two years ago and I joined...then renewed at the beginning of this year. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. The Admirals Club has been an oasis of calm and spaciousness and the staff at the ORD, DCA and DFW clubs, in particular, have been wonderful. Plus I really love the free use of their PC's (including free Internet access) and printers. I have also had occasion to use USAirways' clubs in CLT (very nice indeed!) on a few occasions given the reciprocity (at least for now) between the two programs. Go for it!
Old Oct 22, 2000, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Spider,

It is good at any Admiral's Club worldwide and entitles the holder and a guest. Also they will also give you the 2 electronic 500 mile upgrades if you sign up for a membership prior to Dec 31, 2000
Old Oct 25, 2000, 1:54 pm

I agree with bbinchi...I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. There's a HUGE difference between being stuck in DFW for four or five hours in the melee listening to everybody curse and moan and hearing that screeching intercom over and over again...and being in a quiet business center with internet access, comfortable chairs and access to a quiet bar for four or five hours, until a very nice desk agent politely lets you know your flight will leave after all.

That said...I have been in Delta, NW, Continental and AA clubs, and to the best of my recollection Admirals Club is the ONLY one that doesn't offer free drinks (other than coffee and tea) or a nice selection of snacks. However, they have had the nicest business centers and most helpful agents, so I guess it is a trade off. Still..it irks sometimes to pay the same price for membership as NW World Club(which offers a full spread of premium alchohol and mixers, cookies, juices and other snacks), but have to pay for drinks and not be allowed to bring in any real food.

The best, and often overlooked, benefit of the clubs is that they can handle/change reservations and even check you in for your flight, avoiding long lines at the ticket counters and gates...and they treat you with the same "bend over backward" courtesy as the elite desks, whether you are or aren't elite. Just one serious flight hassle, and you'll be more than glad you paid for the membership.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally posted by SherynB:
The best, and often overlooked, benefit of the clubs is that they can handle/change reservations and even check you in for your flight, avoiding long lines at the ticket counters and gates...and they treat you with the same "bend over backward" courtesy as the elite desks, whether you are or aren't elite. Just one serious flight hassle, and you'll be more than glad you paid for the membership.
Amen to that! I cannot tell you how valuable the services of the Admirals Club and Red Carpet Club (a member there too) agents have been. Since I fly AA almost exclusively I have had many more occasions to seek the assistance of the good people at the Admirals Clubs. Their experience, advice and courtesy have made a world of difference in my travels.

This benefit will be even more important to me beyond 2-28-01 as I will not requalify for Platinum (may not even make Gold).

At ORD, my "angel" is Agnes; she is the best one could hope for! And I have always appreciated the kind and accommodating manner Richard had at the DCA club but, alas, a few months ago he transfered to working the gates.

[This message has been edited by bbinchi (edited 10-25-2000).]
Old Oct 25, 2000, 4:25 pm

My Admirals Club membership, Hertz #1 Gold card and AA PLT upgrades make travel somewhat tolerable.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 4:25 pm

I just got the invite and comp cert sent from the SJC club...good anywhere, though.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 5:08 pm

Originally posted by SherynB:
Admirals Club is the ONLY one that doesn't offer free drinks (other than coffee and tea) or a nice selection of snacks.
Non-alcoholic beverages (soft drinks, juices) are complimentary at US Admirals Clubs. All beverages are complimentary in international clubs.

Many locations offer muffins or danish in the mornings and cheese and crackers during the evenings. JFK has bagels in the mornings. Still, not on par with some of the competition.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 5:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I also got the invite - also thinking about joining.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA - Hilton
Received the invitation last year and took the plunge. Worth every penny. I have taken my wife and daughter on several occasions and in a couple instances my daughters friend as well.

The computer access is a definite plus, but I find myself waiting in line at SNA more often than not. That is no longer a concern as I am relocating to Seattle. I will miss the ladies at SNA; they are superb.

It is a bummer that drinks are not included on the domestic side; I find that I get my money's worth when overseas.

My advice.........treat yourself!
Old Oct 25, 2000, 5:56 pm

I too just received an Invitation to visit/join just last week.

LOOK IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER - mine had a 12/31/00 EXPIRATION DATE there. So - hurry if you are going to try the invite out.

Several years ago (too many in fact) I got one of the "old" invitations from AA to visit. This one has NO expiration date on it and if I ever have to use it AA will be in for a surprise. I carry it in my bag always!

Wasn't it just back in the early 90's that Admirals Clubs offered free snacks at the bar? Drinks too if I remember correctly. Oh well, another of Crandall's cost cutting measures I'm sure.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveler
I too enjoy the Admirals Club. Unfortunately, I never seem to get to use it that much as I always arrive at the airport right before my flight.....

Wait, that may be good considering I guess I've been lucky so far regarding serious delays or other inconveniences, which in that case when that does happen, the Admirals Club is worth every penny!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.