Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Sant
He is well aware (or will be) of your plans to sign his name to various programs, right?
I haven't broached the subject with him yet, but I seriously doubt he'd mind (and yes I would ask him first). I'd even set it up with one of my throwaway email accts so neither of us has to get spammed.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator
I haven't broached the subject with him yet, but I seriously doubt he'd mind (and yes I would ask him first). I'd even set it up with one of my throwaway email accts so neither of us has to get spammed.
Do tell him, but I manage all my girlfriend's FF accounts, and she stays completely out of it.

Unfortunately, you cannot get his miles into your account without paying exorbitant transfer fees and you cannot earn the miles that he flies, but there are numerous ways to extend the expiration of miles.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
simple question to clarify:

if i fly a 350 mile flight, do i get 350 EQMs or 500 EQMs?

thanks
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
simple question to clarify:

if i fly a 350 mile flight, do i get 350 EQMs or 500 EQMs?

thanks
If you are an elite member (I do realize it says you are EXP, but some people don't always post that accurately), you will earn 500 EQMs if the flight is under 500 miles.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Do tell him, but I manage all my girlfriend's FF accounts, and she stays completely out of it.

Unfortunately, you cannot get his miles into your account without paying exorbitant transfer fees and you cannot earn the miles that he flies, but there are numerous ways to extend the expiration of miles.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I manage my gf's FF accounts too...and I'll def tell him about it (actually if my Hawaiian Airlines scheme works I would HAVE to tell him because it would require his authorization to transfer from his HA account to mine).

Yeah, def not going to pay the fees...way to much for such a few amount of miles. As for extending his miles, after my grandma passes I seriously doubt he ends up taking more than 2-3 more flights the rest of his life (if even that many...he's very afraid of flying) so I'd just end up extending them indefinitely. That's why I was hoping to get anything at all out of those miles now.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:13 pm

If you are an elite member (I do realize it says you are EXP, but some people don't always post that accurately), you will earn 500 EQMs if the flight is under 500 miles.
Poster has 1MM, so even if he/she lost EXP status, the 1MM should be lifetime GLD, unless that's 1 million RDM.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thank you very much. Yes, still EXP
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
How long does it take for my flown AA miles to post? I few two segments about 36 hours ago, and the first segment posted yesterday, soon after I got off the plane. But the second segment still have yet to post. Should I call and find out what happened, use the "request credit" online, or give it more time?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:11 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agp423
How long does it take for my flown AA miles to post? I few two segments about 36 hours ago, and the first segment posted yesterday, soon after I got off the plane. But the second segment still have yet to post. Should I call and find out what happened, use the "request credit" online, or give it more time?
Flights typically post within 24 hours. But AA did a bib system update over the weekend and flights were not posting during that time so there is back log of data to post. Give it a few more days.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:12 pm

My FIL wants to upgrade his coach ticket to first class. For some reason, I thought the $200 change fee would be waived for this type of upgrade change. Am I imagining that rule?

Thanks for the help.

Deb
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by DebBrown
My FIL wants to upgrade his coach ticket to first class. For some reason, I thought the $200 change fee would be waived for this type of upgrade change. Am I imagining that rule?

Thanks for the help.

Deb
Is your FIL on a cash ticket or an award ticket? The $150 re-deposit/re-claim fee is waived for those who re-ticket an award ticket to move from a lower cabin to a higher cabin (paying the additional miles to do so).
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Is your FIL on a cash ticket or an award ticket? The $150 re-deposit/re-claim fee is waived for those who re-ticket an award ticket to move from a lower cabin to a higher cabin (paying the additional miles to do so).
Ahhh... no doubt that it what I remembered. He has a purchased ticket. I think we have a good shot at a sticker upgrade but he is getting nervous. He is handicapped and doesn't fit well in a coach seat.

Deb
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:18 pm

AA Flight Crew

Any suggestions on how to have the best service in first class?

About 33 percent of the time average/poor service for me
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:59 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stoehrcov
Any suggestions on how to have the best service in first class?

About 33 percent of the time average/poor service for me
For long haul flights a bag of quality chocolates for the crew goes a long way.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by DebBrown
Ahhh... no doubt that it what I remembered. He has a purchased ticket. I think we have a good shot at a sticker upgrade but he is getting nervous. He is handicapped and doesn't fit well in a coach seat.

Deb
I called back and WAS able to upgrade the coach ticket to first class without a change fee. It took a long time on hold but I am always grateful when I find someone who is willing to actually help.

Deb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.