Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, Hyatt PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Doghound
Is anyone else having trouble viewing their reservations online?
No, I just logged in and can see my reservation list and details.

UPDATE - I got this email from AA Web Support:

Thank you for your message to AA.com. We want to respond to you, our
AAdvantage Executive Platinum customer, first.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you have experienced
while trying to view your American Airlines reservations online.

Reviewing your reservations indicates that your reservation contains a
waitlisted segment for a First class upgrade. The View Reservation
feature on AA.com will only display reservations when all flight
segments are confirmed

Last edited by skiermsm; May 29, 2013 at 5:03 pm
Old May 29, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by skiermsm
No, I just logged in and can see my reservation list and details.
I called after reading this. It is because part of my itinerary cleared on an eVIP upgrade and the ticket was waiting to be reissued.
Old May 29, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
award

I have a milesaver, FC award on hold for next April---BNA>ORD>LHR. I would prefer BNA>JFK>LHR but that is not showing as available at this time. If I go ahead and purchase the one I have on hold can I switch it to my preferred route, if it becomes available, with no charge? Thank you.
Old May 29, 2013, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JBGL
I have a milesaver, FC award on hold for next April---BNA>ORD>LHR. I would prefer BNA>JFK>LHR but that is not showing as available at this time. If I go ahead and purchase the one I have on hold can I switch it to my preferred route, if it becomes available, with no charge? Thank you.
Yup, no problem.
Old May 29, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
ORD-DUS on AA, seasonal?

I try to find AA metal from ORD to DUS in Feb 2014. Looks like AA242 stops on Jan 15, 2013.
Can someone confirm that this route IS seasonal?
or, schedule has not yet been loaded?
Thanks.

Last edited by allset2travel; May 29, 2013 at 5:44 pm Reason: edited date
Old May 29, 2013, 7:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Fare INE0C1Z1

Hi

I am trying to figure out whether the fare I am going to book is a K-Up fare or not. I am looking to fly from LAS-SJU and the routing is LAS-LAX-JFK-SJU and I have selected First as the choice - this pulls up an 'A" fare code with the following INE0C1Z1.

I don't see "UP" in the this code but I would hate to get downgraded to J on the LAX-JFK portion as I would love to try out the First seats.

Any help gratefully received.

aks120
Old May 29, 2013, 8:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by aks120
Hi

I am trying to figure out whether the fare I am going to book is a K-Up fare or not. I am looking to fly from LAS-SJU and the routing is LAS-LAX-JFK-SJU and I have selected First as the choice - this pulls up an 'A" fare code with the following INE0C1Z1.

I don't see "UP" in the this code but I would hate to get downgraded to J on the LAX-JFK portion as I would love to try out the First seats.

Any help gratefully received.

aks120
I thought "A" was always First. "P" is the K-UP code. Someone should double-check me on this one though...
Old May 29, 2013, 8:18 pm

Departure time changed, how to request a different flight

Well I will certainly show off the fact that I am a newbie by likely using all the wrong terminology here, but I'll try.

My family and I have a trip booked to Shanghai from JFK. The flight out is fine, but on the way back we are going PVG-NRT-LAX-JFK. The LAX-JFK leg has been rescheduled to depart a half an hour earlier. The arrival time from NRT is 10:15 and the original departure time was 12:30. It is now 12 and frankly, considering I need to move a family of five (with a one year old) through customs, I don't think this is enough time to be sure to not miss the connecting flight. My first priority is to get the itinerary changed to allow for enough time to make connecting flights. A secondary goal, only if it is possible, is to change the return flight entirely (different departure location and different day). This is a class V ticket.

Let me know if there is other info needed to answer this question and thanks in advance for any help!
Old May 29, 2013, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by JoelTherrien
Well I will certainly show off the fact that I am a newbie by likely using all the wrong terminology here, but I'll try.

My family and I have a trip booked to Shanghai from JFK. The flight out is fine, but on the way back we are going PVG-NRT-LAX-JFK. The LAX-JFK leg has been rescheduled to depart a half an hour earlier. The arrival time from NRT is 10:15 and the original departure time was 12:30. It is now 12 and frankly, considering I need to move a family of five (with a one year old) through customs, I don't think this is enough time to be sure to not miss the connecting flight. My first priority is to get the itinerary changed to allow for enough time to make connecting flights. A secondary goal, only if it is possible, is to change the return flight entirely (different departure location and different day). This is a class V ticket.

Let me know if there is other info needed to answer this question and thanks in advance for any help!
It is extremely unlikely that AA will allow you to change your return flight to another day and to another departing airport due to a half hour schedule change that is still quite doable.

You can probably call AA and make a case to be changed to a later LAX-JFK flight. But we really won't know until you call.

Maybe do some research and have some other options ready, like PVG-LAX-JFK, or PVG-ORD-LGA, etc.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Use miles or pay for ticket?

Hi All! I just joined FlyerTalk Today. I have a question on using miles versus paying for a ticket and earning miles.

I'm a Platinum AAdvantage member, and I'd like to get to platinum again this year (or even XP, if possible!); however I need to log lots of miles or segments. So far with 19 segments this year, I'm 7148 from Gold and 32178 from Platinum. I'm planning a trip to PUJ this summer, that is pricing out at:
  • >$1000 for a flight on AA (~5200 elite qualifying miles),
  • ~$750 on US Air (who knows what happens after the merger), or
  • ~60,000 miles + $107 if I use AA (cheap, but no elite qualifying miles).
My question is whether there's a flyertalk rule of thumb for deciding when to use miles versus when to pay for an expensive ticket to get elite qualifying miles.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
It is extremely unlikely that AA will allow you to change your return flight to another day and to another departing airport due to a half hour schedule change that is still quite doable.

You can probably call AA and make a case to be changed to a later LAX-JFK flight. But we really won't know until you call.

Maybe do some research and have some other options ready, like PVG-LAX-JFK, or PVG-ORD-LGA, etc.
Yeah, I figured that was a long shot. Good point about having an alternative route. You mention LGA (instead of JFK), any thoughts on pushing it to BOS? That is where we really want to end up, but for some very odd reason JFK was much cheaper.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I thought "A" was always First. "P" is the K-UP code. Someone should double-check me on this one though...
Thanks - I thought it was but then it threw up a one way thing and I was not sure if A class was perhaps the same as P but for a one way ticket!

Regards

aks120
Old May 30, 2013, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by swag
This looks like the rules for 1313SS. That was a very generous code (10%, huge date range, and many airports) which AA was forced to cancel a few months ago, due to widespread dissemination on the web way beyond the original target audience (whatever that was). At the same time, they also took steps to prevent codes from spreading, including having the thread here listing codes removed.

If you did get the code (1313SS or a different one) from the original source, for example, by attending a conference or event or having membership in an organization, then I'd contact the organization and ask them if they can investigate with AA and obtain a valid code. But if you found it on the web somewhere, then you're likely out of luck.

(Edit to add- Mods, I assume/hope it's ok to post the code here, since it's no longer valid)
Yes, that's the code. Now I don't know what to do. bummer!

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
I recently got an unsolicited status match (platinum) on AA (I am platinum on UA) perhaps because I registered my global entry number on AA so I could use the precheck line. As it turns out I will qualify for platinum through end of year because I will hit the mileage needed to keep the status match. Now I am wondering if I should put some more miles on AA in order to qualify for platinum in 2014 since my UA 1K status is pretty much assured based on upcoming flights on *A. One question as a newbie to the AA forum is regarding the 500 mile upgrade certs - how likely am i to be able to use them on transcons and other domestic flights? UA does complimentary space available upgrades but I find on UA I am almost always left on the waitlist as platinum but typically got them as a 1K. Will it be the same on AA? Any other tips for AA flights out of LAX? I heard a rumor they were shutting down tsa checkpoints at T4 at LAX......
Old May 30, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Smile Itinerary Booked all in N or O Fare Codes - EQMs?

Hi all - I haven't come across this before, and just want to confirm what I see on AA.com

I booked the following itinerary; am I correct assuming I will only receive .50 EQM's given the O and N fare codes? I am AA Plat, if that matters.

Cheers and thanks!

Carrier Flight # Departing Arriving Fare Code

American
989 MIAMI INTERNTNL
FRI 13SEP
11:10 PM MONTEVIDEO
SAT 14SEP
9:10 AM N

LATAM AIRLINES GR
901 MONTEVIDEO
SAT 14SEP
11:45 AM SANTIAGO SCL
SAT 14SEP
2:25 PM N

LATAM AIRLINES GR
750 SANTIAGO SCL
MON 23SEP
8:05 AM SAO PAULO GUARULH
MON 23SEP
12:00 N O

Operated By Lanexpress Check-in with operating carrier

American
990 RIO JANEIRO GIG
FRI 27SEP
10:35 PM MIAMI INTERNTNL
SAT 28SEP
6:50 AM N

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.