Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by CX828
Ok thanks for the info. So 10A/F do have a window to look out of, just to confirm.
not sure this is ok to link to or not on here, but seatguru.com covers all of this in excruciating detail for every airline.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by austin_modern
not sure this is ok to link to or not on here, but seatguru.com covers all of this in excruciating detail for every airline.
Yes, Thanks I did have a look at this, but there are conflicting comments on whether or not 10A/F has a window. Can anyone confirm it has window?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Excruciatingly wrong detail much of the time.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Ok thanks for the info. So 10A/F do have a window to look out of, just to confirm.
10A/F indeed has a window. I often pick 9E on a 757 and stare out the 10F window during takeoff and landing.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
10A/F indeed has a window. I often pick 9E on a 757 and stare out the 10F window during takeoff and landing.
Ok, Thank you for this confirmation, I have now gone ahead to select 10A.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:44 pm

Lounge Access on US/Canada Trip?

Hi everyone,

Sorry for yet another Question (You guys are very helpful and kind to answer!) Do I get lounge access on this itinerary? I am a CX GO/OW Sapphire.
(I used this tool from the FAQ, and it said I do, but when I plugged in CX Gold, but when I plugged in any level on AA it said no, which cant be right?! http://flyertools.kduarte.com/oneworld-lounge-access/ )

Same Day in Economy: YYZ-LGA JFK-LAS
Same Day in Economy: LAS-MIA (overnight flight) -YYZ

Thanks for response! I really find the AA lounge thing confusing. Most airlines offer lounge access based on status or class of travel, but it seems AA does not offer lounge access for some domestic/Canada/Mexico flights regardless of status or even if your in J.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:39 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi everyone,

Sorry for yet another Question (You guys are very helpful and kind to answer!) Do I get lounge access on this itinerary? I am a CX GO/OW Sapphire.
(I used this tool from the FAQ, and it said I do, but when I plugged in CX Gold, but when I plugged in any level on AA it said no, which cant be right?! http://flyertools.kduarte.com/oneworld-lounge-access/ )

Same Day in Economy: YYZ-LGA JFK-LAS
Same Day in Economy: LAS-MIA (overnight flight) -YYZ

Thanks for response! I really find the AA lounge thing confusing. Most airlines offer lounge access based on status or class of travel, but it seems AA does not offer lounge access for some domestic/Canada/Mexico flights regardless of status or even if your in J.
By virtue of your CX Cold (OW Sapphire) status you will have access to the following:

YYZ - AA Admirals Club
JFK - AA Admirals Club
LAS - No AA or OW lounge available. There are paid lounges available
MIA - AA Admirals Club
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
As FlyMeToTheLooneyBin said, it's only flown miles, or more precisely,base miles or EQMs. Since elites get a 500 mile minimum, they will get more than the flown miles for flights under 500 miles.

Also, before when all miles counted (and now, still), AA keeps track of all the miles you earned. In your AA account, there is a counter called "Million Miler Balance." Thus, you do not need to keep all your earned miles. The system will automatically keep track, even if you redeem them.
Do all One World partner miles credited to AA count? For example, if I fly LAN or BA on a revenue ticket, would the base miles from these activities increase my million miller balance?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Do all One World partner miles credited to AA count? For example, if I fly LAN or BA on a revenue ticket, would the base miles from these activities increase my million miller balance?
Yes.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by HNL
By virtue of your CX Cold (OW Sapphire) status you will have access to the following:

YYZ - AA Admirals Club
JFK - AA Admirals Club
LAS - No AA or OW lounge available. There are paid lounges available
MIA - AA Admirals Club
Ok Great! I seriously appreciate your response, it is really good to know. Sorry I keep asking so many Questions. I haven't flown AA before on an N. America only itinerary and I have 6 flights with them in May. So I am just trying to get prepared and find out what Im entitled not entitled to, so thanks for the help!

Was I right and thinking AA's own elites are unable to gain access, or was I wrong about that?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Was I right and thinking AA's own elites are unable to gain access, or was I wrong about that?
You are correct. Unlike the rest of the world, elite status on most American carriers, including AA, does not grant lounge access on domestic itineraries.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You are correct. Unlike the rest of the world, elite status on most American carriers, including AA, does not grant lounge access on domestic itineraries.
Wow, that is strange.. especially considering AA are going to give me lounge access but not one of their own AAdvantage members.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Wow, that is strange.. especially considering AA are going to give me lounge access but not one of their own AAdvantage members.
Of course that is presuming they are "giving" access. They may have an agreement like they do with AMEX where a billing transaction occurs when non-AA members access the lounges. It may be more profitable for them to allow per-entry paying customers than members that don't trigger more revenue. After all, they have my money if I get in or not. Hmmmm
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
One way All Partner Award

I have one way all partner award tickets JFK-LHR-DUS.
What happens if I take only JFK-LHR (AA) and don't take LHR-DUS (BA) flight?
Do I just lose it or get penalized somehow?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I have one way all partner award tickets JFK-LHR-DUS.
What happens if I take only JFK-LHR (AA) and don't take LHR-DUS (BA) flight?
Do I just lose it or get penalized somehow?
If you know that you don't want to fly the LHR-DUS leg, call AA before your JFK departure date, and ask them to remove the LHR-DUS leg from the award. There should be no charge for this, and you may even be entitled to a refund of some fees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.