Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, and yes, but some prefer the AA Arrivals Lounge (but it closes at 2 PM), though you will have to exit HM immigration and customs and take the train (free) to T-5 if you do so. Others prefer the somewhat substandard showers at T-5 (and of course the Galleries Business lounges are quite good).

Please refer to the extensive and helpful threads:

NEW LHR / London Heathrow AA T3 <---> BA T5 connection / transfer thread

LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Originally Posted by darcyt
We're flying on AA to LHR, terminal 3 and connecting to BA, terminal 5 (all using aa miles) in Business Class. Can we use the AA arrivals lounge or will there be somewhere we can shower in Terminal 5 for BA? Will we have to clear customs and go back in through security at terminal 5?

We're AA gold, so exp privileges do not apply. Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:13 am

Allow me to refer you to the thread: Transportation Voucher / vouchers FAQ and master thread (consolidated)

Originally Posted by rkaradi
OK so I have a credit form a cancelled flight, that I need to ticket and fly before 5/12/13. OOPS have not used it yet. Is there any way to extend this. Like buying a refundable ticket. I just don't know what I'd use it for prior to that date. UUGH.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Deadline for EXPs to Cancel (1) AA and (2) Partner Award Space Without Penalty?

Sometimes you need to make changes at the last minute. So can you cancel award space without penalty right up to flight time, or T-2, T-24 or when? Maybe the policy is different for AA vs. partner flights? This question pertains to an EXP account.

Thanks.....
Old Apr 18, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by Explore
Sometimes you need to make changes at the last minute. So can you cancel award space without penalty right up to flight time, or T-2, T-24 or when? Maybe the policy is different for AA vs. partner flights? This question pertains to an EXP account.

Thanks.....
I feel as if I read something suggesting this policy will change, but in the past there has been no penalty for no-show on awards, you just need to make sure to rebook or redeposit the miles within a year of ticket issuance.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:29 pm

How long does it normally take for your miles to show up in your account after a statement closes?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:26 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Miles usually show up within a day or two of taking an AA or Eagle flight, and can take as long as a week or two with other partners.

Originally Posted by kpd905
How long does it normally take for your miles to show up in your account after a statement closes?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: AAGold, SWA
Wife and I are AA Gold, trying to get an idea for decent fares to Berlin or Rome for this Fall from SFO (or OAK,SJC) for our family of 8 and book them with us so they get the perks.

I'm hoping to travel late sept. - october area, but not sure what codes I should be looking for? Seeing lots of N fares now.

I know fares change, but a range or code to look for would be very helpful. Tried a search for "cheap europe" and it didn't yield any good results.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by kpd905
In addition to JDiver's info, if you are talking about the CitiAA card, generally 2-4 days after the closing date, depending on weekends, holidays, etc. but pretty quickly.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zakkthebear
Wife and I are AA Gold, trying to get an idea for decent fares to Berlin or Rome for this Fall from SFO (or OAK,SJC) for our family of 8 and book them with us so they get the perks.

I'm hoping to travel late sept. - october area, but not sure what codes I should be looking for? Seeing lots of N fares now.

I know fares change, but a range or code to look for would be very helpful. Tried a search for "cheap europe" and it didn't yield any good results.
Generally, O and Q are going to be the cheaper fares. So, if you have an ExpertFlyer account, you can set alerts for O/Q availability on your chosen routes.

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Generally, O and Q are going to be the cheaper fares. So, if you have an ExpertFlyer account, you can set alerts for O/Q availability on your chosen routes.

Cheers.
thanks, no account with them, so I'll just have to keep up!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:35 pm

Don't forget:

Originally Posted by aa.com
Q: How many passengers can I book in one reservation?
A: You can book up to 6 passengers in one reservation on AA.com. To book additional passengers, just repeat the booking process to create a separate reservation. For groups of 10 or more contact AmericanAirlines Group & Meeting Travel. Special fares and discounts for group travel are available.
For price, you might check airberlin for your plans.

Originally Posted by zakkthebear

Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
how early can you check-in with bags at JFK?

whats the maximum time before flight i could check in bag at T8 JFK?

Id be looking at checking a bag around 1:45pm for a 6pm flight. Is this doable?

Thanks for answers
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
whats the maximum time before flight i could check in bag at T8 JFK?

Id be looking at checking a bag around 1:45pm for a 6pm flight. Is this doable?

Thanks for answers
Yes, that should be no problem.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Yes, that should be no problem.
Thanks.

-----------------

Sorry everyone, another Q: I am OW Sapphire (CX GO) and I will be flying in Y on a YYZ-JFK-LHR sector.

I am aware from reading here about lounge access that I will get access at JFK before my flight AA100 as it is international.
Q:Will I get access to a lounge (is there a lounge?) at YYZ prior to my Eagle connector?
Q: Will I qualify for access to AA Arrivals lounge in LHR?

Thanks for help
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:44 pm

If there is a oneworld lounge at YYZ, yes, by virtue of Sapphire and transatlantic sector. Arrivals at LHR, no unless you are willing to pay much more than I am ($90 USD + VAT ). AA LHR Arrivals Lounge info here.

Originally Posted by CX828
Thanks.

-----------------

Sorry everyone, another Q: I am OW Sapphire (CX GO) and I will be flying in Y on a YYZ-JFK-LHR sector.

I am aware from reading here about lounge access that I will get access at JFK before my flight AA100 as it is international.
Q:Will I get access to a lounge (is there a lounge?) at YYZ prior to my Eagle connector?
Q: Will I qualify for access to AA Arrivals lounge in LHR?

Thanks for help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.