[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 14, 11:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JY1024
Wiki Link
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 18, 13, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by thewhitezone View Post
Looking at an MR for LGA-STL-LGA. Is it safe to guess that flights 1855 and 1030 use the same plane? Normally I wouldn't allow less than an hour for the turnaround, but if it's the same equipment...
Under an hour domestic-domestic in STL? I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you miss it, you can take the next STL-LGA or take STL-ORD-LGA.
Old Mar 19, 13, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
When using an AA credit card, do you earn double miles for AA gift card purchases?
Old Mar 19, 13, 2:00 am

Programs: QFF
Thanks to JDiver for his assistance earlier - points transferred across fine to my account.

My flight reservation is currently sitting at 'on request', so hoping it tickets within the next few days.

My understanding from reading a previous thread about the OR status is that the OW partner airlines (flying QF/BA) need time to confirm the tickets etc?
Old Mar 19, 13, 8:06 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Question:

I am trying to book TPA-JFK/EWR-TPA and use a promo code, but it appears the promo code box has disappeared. Is this because the itinerary is a Multi-City one?

Any advice? Thanks! I have tried different browsers, but that doesn't help
Old Mar 19, 13, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MadeInTheUSA View Post
Question:

I am trying to book TPA-JFK/EWR-TPA and use a promo code, but it appears the promo code box has disappeared. Is this because the itinerary is a Multi-City one?

Yes, promo codes have a very limited application. You might try to do a long search using round-trip. Lock down your departure times to the hours of your desired flights and increase the search result count. Some of the more "creative" routings may show up towards the end of the list.
Old Mar 19, 13, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by MadeInTheUSA
Question:

Not sure if this will work, but I would try booking the trip as TPA-NYC-TPA, using the roundtrip booking option, instead of multi-city. If you use the NYC (all airports code), options to/from JFK, LGA, and EWR should all be displayed in each direction.
Old Mar 19, 13, 8:50 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Thanks Roger and guv! That worked like a charm. Such a creative way to do that. I usually only have a one airport option so I usually don't run into this problem.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 19, 13, 11:25 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Mix transatlantic econ milesaaver with euro biz milesaaver?

The North America to Europe leg is 20k milesaaver in coach. With less than a 24 layover at the European gateway, can I add on a biz milesaaver award and still only pay 20k miles for the oneway trip?
Old Mar 19, 13, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by blackpaper View Post
The North America to Europe leg is 20k milesaaver in coach. With less than a 24 layover at the European gateway, can I add on a biz milesaaver award and still only pay 20k miles for the oneway trip?
No.

However you can add that segment in coach for the same 20k, assuming the award satisfies any routing/fare rules associated with it. For example, JFK-LHR is 20k in coach off-peak. JFK-LHR-CDG is also just 20k.
Old Mar 19, 13, 12:45 pm

Can I bring a guest travelling on a different AA flight into the Admirals Club with Amex Platinum?
Old Mar 19, 13, 12:53 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by TheAJ View Post
Can I bring a guest travelling on a different AA flight into the Admirals Club with Amex Platinum?
Yes. As long as you're on AA that day, you get access with a guest. I don't even think that the guest has to be on AA at all...just you.

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 13, 7:42 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ Silver, IHG Plat Amb, MR Gold, SL Jade
I made a change to an award ticket last week and it turns out that the routing was invalid; so I changed the routing to a different destination to make it legal. The phone agent actually redeposited the miles (62.5K) and then made the change. I have a ticket number and everything, but they have not taken the miles out of the account. How long does it usually take for the miles to be debited? Should I be worried? Don't get me wrong, I will take the extra miles, but I do not want to show up at check in and have to pay cash for the ticket. The routing is BCN-LHR BA J, LHR-JFK AA F, and JFK-YVR CX F.

Thanks,
Delta747
Old Mar 20, 13, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by Delta747 View Post
I made a change to an award ticket last week and it turns out that the routing was invalid; so I changed the routing to a different destination to make it legal. The phone agent actually redeposited the miles (62.5K) and then made the change. I have a ticket number and everything, but they have not taken the miles out of the account. How long does it usually take for the miles to be debited? Should I be worried? Don't get me wrong, I will take the extra miles, but I do not want to show up at check in and have to pay cash for the ticket. The routing is BCN-LHR BA J, LHR-JFK AA F, and JFK-YVR CX F.

Thanks,
Delta747
Hi,

The miles normally get debited within 24 hours of ticket issuance. Please note, if you are not an EX-Plat, there is a fee to re-deposit miles (or to change the travel endpoints) once the ticket is already issued. Did agent tell you about that? Or may be they changed it for no fee since they issued you a ticket for invalid routing in the first place?

Cheers!
Old Mar 20, 13, 1:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ Silver, IHG Plat Amb, MR Gold, SL Jade
Originally Posted by fromfall98 View Post
Hi,

The miles normally get debited within 24 hours of ticket issuance. Please note, if you are not an EX-Plat, there is a fee to re-deposit miles (or to change the travel endpoints) once the ticket is already issued. Did agent tell you about that? Or may be they changed it for no fee since they issued you a ticket for invalid routing in the first place?

Cheers!
It looks like they redeposited the miles then reinstated the award with the new destination. But then never took the miles out. This all happened last week; so we are way past 24 hours.

Delta747
Old Mar 20, 13, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Couple questions for upcoming award flights. I have no AA status. Booked the following in business ORD-YYZ-HKG-SGN. Flights are AA3630-CX829-CX765.

Do I have access to Admirals Club in ORD T3? How about AA Flagship? I tried looking up access rules but got confused due to AA's rules vs oneworld rules.

Also can I check my bags all the way through SGN or do I have to collect & recheck them at YYZ?

Thanks.

Search this Thread