Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by onesocalkid
Hi Everyone-
Quick question, is it common for an AA codeshare to be cheaper than the AA price? I'm looking specifically at AUS-LAX 7/13-7/27 (I know, it's early) but the AS price is $372 r/t and the AA price is $422.

Why is that? Is it normal?
More often than not codeshares are more expensive than booking w/the actual carrier but it isn't unusual for it to price out in reverse.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by tom911
As to what meal window you're in? It should be on your e-ticket they send you via e-mail. If you've lost that, you can just search flights on line and they'll indicate what meal window you're in.
Thanks! Both say "Breakfast" on them. Can I expect anything more than cookies because that is what I got on my last flight from Nashville to DFW in First on an American Eagle flight.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by abpat2203
Thanks! Both say "Breakfast" on them. Can I expect anything more than cookies because that is what I got on my last flight from Nashville to DFW in First on an American Eagle flight.
Yes, if all you got was cookies, that BNA-DFW flight was coded as "Refreshments." When looking at how substantial different meal types are on AA, it is ordered something like this:
Refreshments < Snack < Breakfast/Lunch < Dinner.

You will probably have an egg option and a cereal option, accompanied with some fruit and breakfast breads.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Basic question:

I'm AA platinum (assuming that means oneworld sapphire) and traveling in April on a trip to europe on AA metal (AUS-JFK-LHR-train-CDG-JFK-AUS) - are we entitled to use the lounges? If so, which lounges can we use?

Thank you. I do lots of flying but almost 0 international on AA.

======
Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.

American Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, cannot access American Airlines lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...miralsClub.jsp
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Basic question:

I'm AA platinum (assuming that means oneworld sapphire) and traveling in April on a trip to europe on AA metal (AUS-JFK-LHR-train-CDG-JFK-AUS) - are we entitled to use the lounges? If so, which lounges can we use?

Thank you. I do lots of flying but almost 0 international on AA.

======
Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.

American Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, cannot access American Airlines lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...miralsClub.jsp
You and one guest have access to the following lounges:

AUS - Admirals Club
JFK - Admirals Club (two locations in T8)
LHR - No arrival lounge access (assuming travel in economy)
CDG - Admirals Club or Cathay Pacific Lounge (the latter was renovated in September and is the much better choice!)
JFK - Admirals Club (two locations in T8)
AUS - No arrival lounge access
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Hey everyone
these seems to be my "ignorance week" :P
Do you have any idea why AA.com recommends seat 23B on the AA909 as a "Reserved for elite and full fare customers"?

I used that seat 2 times and still dont get it
Is there a thread regarding this kind of stuf?

Many thanks in advance
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:19 pm

Monitoring seat inventory

Is there a service that automates monitoring AA seat inventory on specific flights? I'd like to set up an alert.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by emaij
Is there a service that automates monitoring AA seat inventory on specific flights? I'd like to set up an alert.
ExpertFlyer will do just that. The free version does monitoring and alerts for seats, if that's what you want, and the pro version (EF offers a 5 day free trial) can check inventory classes for a number of airlines in addition to seats.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:04 am

Paying for Platinum

Didn't requalify for platinum status this year so AA is offering 'opportunity' to purchase for $769. In evaluating offer the biggest benefit appears to be 100% mileage bonus vs. 25% for gold. I'm likely to fly 25-30K miles this years so offer doesn't appear to be worth it. Am I missing something? Have others taken advantage of this offer.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by mtroy
Didn't requalify for platinum status this year so AA is offering 'opportunity' to purchase for $769. In evaluating offer the biggest benefit appears to be 100% mileage bonus vs. 25% for gold. I'm likely to fly 25-30K miles this years so offer doesn't appear to be worth it. Am I missing something? Have others taken advantage of this offer.
The 100% bonus is a major benefit, and PLT status gets you lounge access on int'l flights, better chance for upgrades, but if it doesn't seem worth it to you, it probably isn't.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: EXP
This UA refugee made it through the 55K EQM challenge and I'm now looking at my 2013 travels:

#1: Flying LHR-LAX-SMF. I now realize I have a one day layover at LAX. At least one flight is available later in the day to SMF, I must have just missed it during booking. Will AA allow me to stand by one day prior? I'm assuming checked bags will complicate this. I will consider modifying my ticket with the associated changes fees, but I would like to understand my options first.

#2: Any way to set up upgrade notificationd on AA.com? I've had SWUs clear recently and I only seem to be able to create arrival/departure/gate and other non-upgrade messages.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chicoflyer#1

#2: Any way to set up upgrade notificationd on AA.com? I've had SWUs clear recently and I only seem to be able to create arrival/departure/gate and other non-upgrade messages.
"Sticker" upgrades can be set up to send an upgrade notification email. For SWU upgrades, there is a ticket reissue email that can suffice as the upgrade notification, but no formal mechanism like the stickers.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Several questions, folks....

We'll be traveling on AA 1089 MIA-BGI in biz class a few weeks. It appears this 757 aircraft has the international business class seating configuration in the front cabin.

Any idea concerning what kind of meal service to expect in the front cabin? Is champagne or sparkling wine served? And will we get lounge access at MIA?

Our return is on AA 602 BGI-MIA once again in biz class. This 757 aircraft appears to have standard domestic F seating. Any idea concerning what type of breakfast service to expect? And do we get lounge access at BGI assuming there is a lounge there?

Thanks in advance......
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:13 pm

Question for ya'll:

Trying to log into aadvantage just now, I put in my password (once) and it immediately said they'd locked my account, and I'd need to go to the forget password page. Did that, it said my details didn't match (they do). Went back to try and log in again, it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

Is their website just broken, or is something really wrong with my account?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:36 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
Same experience here. I'm voting for "broken website".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.