Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tomhuber2003
Admiral's clubs in LAX, DFW and ORD will accept AX Plt until March 22. After that get Day passes and Amex will reimburse you (up to $200).

The AA at LAX is Terminal 4 and it is all AA. I think you can shuttle to TB from inside Terminal 4 since they are linked to Quantas (why -- just want to look?).

DFW terminal D has Centurion Club (next to D-17) and it is way better than any AA club in any terminal. Take Skylink to it even if not coming into D.
Sorry about one point -- there are lounges but you have to pay for them.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by aarif1
So, I booked flights for June, BOS-CDG, 4 people, direct on AA, but now we need to travel earlier. As I understand, I can change the date without incurring fees, as long as the origin and destination remain the same. However, this is proving to be difficult, as there is no availability for the time frame I am looking for, partly because the BOS-CDG flight is seasonal. What are my options? JFK-CDG has a couple flights available, but that would be a change in origin of course.

Also, the change from peak to off-season (less miles) would not be a fee-incurring change, would it?

One thing I might be interested in, if possible, is a stopover in Dallas. Can I change to that without fees (i.e., BOS-DFW, stop for a day or few, then DFW-CDG)?
Just wanted to follow up on this... I was able to change from June to April with a 3 day DFW stopover without any fees. The agent actually gave me the choice, either pay the reinstatement fee and get 10k miles /person back, or skip the fee and keep the higher mileage level. I asked if I could skip the fee now, and keep the option to pay it later for the miles. She said I could.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:28 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by flyfaraway
I am flying award travel DFW-HNL in first. Do we get lounge access? I see that transcontinental premium cabins get access, but I can't find anything about Hawaii. I'm not optimistic, but it is an 8 hour flight!
Nope
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

One way or roundtrip?
RT..thanks
Old Dec 31, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
If one puts a reservation on hold via phone agent, can the reservation then not be purchased online? I swear you could do this, but it's not letting me. Saying I must contact AA reservations to modify it. Wut!?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by no1cub17
If one puts a reservation on hold via phone agent, can the reservation then not be purchased online? I swear you could do this, but it's not letting me. Saying I must contact AA reservations to modify it. Wut!?
You certainly used to be able to do this. Its possible that w/the system upgrade things changed. But before you call, try logging out and closing your browser completely, then logging back on - sometimes there are strange cache issues.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
You certainly used to be able to do this. Its possible that w/the system upgrade things changed. But before you call, try logging out and closing your browser completely, then logging back on - sometimes there are strange cache issues.
Well this is one hell of an "upgrade". Just talked to web services who said that this has never been the case (that you could buy a ticket online that was held over the phone). I said no way, I know for a fact that I've done it before. The agent insisted this has always been the case.

I don't know. Seems like a scAAm to force you to pay the $25 phone agent fee, which is complete BS. Welcome to the new AA I guess. This sucks.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Well this is one hell of an "upgrade". Just talked to web services who said that this has never been the case (that you could buy a ticket online that was held over the phone). I said no way, I know for a fact that I've done it before. The agent insisted this has always been the case.

I don't know. Seems like a scAAm to force you to pay the $25 phone agent fee, which is complete BS. Welcome to the new AA I guess. This sucks.
Yes, you used to be able to do this, but AA eliminated this loophole (as well as the one that allowed customers to circumvent the close-in ticketing fee for award travel) a few years ago.

It's not a scam; it's the elimination of a loophole. If you use an agent's time and make a reservation by phone, your ticketing options are: 1) by phone; 2) at an AA airport ticket office; or 3) at an AA "Travel Center" in NYC or South Florida. Each option has different fees.

On the plus side, AA has slowly been increasing the number of airline partners bookable for award travel on aa.com.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
When can I credit my US flights to AA again? Jan 7th?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by agp423
When can I credit my US flights to AA again? Jan 7th?
No one knows for certain yet because an official announcement has not been made from AA. Hopefully there will be specifics on January 7th.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
elite qualifying points on mileage award upgraded tickets

Sorry for the stupid question. New to AA after many years at UA and doing a challenge...

If I use miles and pay the co-pay for a domestic upgrade, what EQP multiplier is used? This chart indicates that Inventory Class "A" includes Award Upgrades and earns 1.5 EQP's. Is this the case or is the original ticket fare class used for EQP's?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by flyer703
Sorry for the stupid question. New to AA after many years at UA and doing a challenge...

If I use miles and pay the co-pay for a domestic upgrade, what EQP multiplier is used? This chart indicates that Inventory Class "A" includes Award Upgrades and earns 1.5 EQP's. Is this the case or is the original ticket fare class used for EQP's?
You guessed correctly: Original ticket fare class is used for EQPs. This is the case with all AA upgrades in general (complimentary, miles and copay, SWUs).
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:29 pm

As a freshly minted EXP, can I cancel an award online via the "Cancel Itinerary" button, will the miles be instantly put back into my account?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
I don't know, but it's probably not a bad idea to call. Pretty easy process once you get an EXP agent on the line. It won't take much time at all.

Originally Posted by infamousdx
As a freshly minted EXP, can I cancel an award online via the "Cancel Itinerary" button, will the miles be instantly put back into my account?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:25 pm

Does AA release more seats to partners at a later date if seats aren't booked? I had available miles in my asia miles account so I thought I would book a flight to Cancun, but when I called Asia Miles they had very limited flights and nothing in business, although aa.com showed a ton of business MilesSAAver seats available for my flights. I went ahead and booked the economy flight, but was wondering if there was anyway of upgrading them to business somehow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.