Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Trying to help my gf out, and I was surprised that I had no luck figuring this out on the AA website.

Flying CLT->DFW->SYD. DFW->SYD is on QF Metal.

What are the checked bag allowances? She has no status and is flying in the back.

I am under the assumption it is at least 1, but that might not be enough. (and I am not allowed to judge)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by youvesaiditall; Nov 19, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A friend booked a flight recently for himself and I. He has no status and I am PLT. It's international and I would like to ensure we get MCE / Preferred seating. How do I go about doing this since it's not under my account?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pinned
A friend booked a flight recently for himself and I. He has no status and I am PLT. It's international and I would like to ensure we get MCE / Preferred seating. How do I go about doing this since it's not under my account?
Is it under the same PNR? Is your FFN in the PNR? If so, then the system will allow you to select MCE seats, no problem. If not, simply go to AA.com, look up the PNR using the record locator and last name, and add your FFN.

If not under the same PNR, call AA Reservations and have an agent do it manually.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Or you could buy two round-trips with the returning segments on the same flight. Is there a reason you want to be on the same PNR? as opposed to just having the reservations linked?
I'd like my wife to get free baggage and be able to upgrade to first. Not as important on the outbound, but we'd like to get to sit together on the return. Can that be done if the reservations are just linked?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Hi all...I'm not a noobie but I haven't redeemed miles in over 10 years, so I'm definitely out of practice regarding the process. So...

Booked LAN J from SCL-IPC (Easter Island) with AA miles and received the emails and confirmations of the award booking, but it doesn't appear in the "My Trips" section of aa.com or the app. Do award reservations ever appear online, or are they considered something else and I just need to keep track of it all on my own?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
Hi all...I'm not a noobie but I haven't redeemed miles in over 10 years, so I'm definitely out of practice regarding the process. So...

Booked LAN J from SCL-IPC (Easter Island) with AA miles and received the emails and confirmations of the award booking, but it doesn't appear in the "My Trips" section of aa.com or the app. Do award reservations ever appear online, or are they considered something else and I just need to keep track of it all on my own?
I would guess it doesn't appear online (when you say online I assume you mean aa.com) bc it's a LA flight and not AA - and booked through LA and not AA with no AA coded flights? But I could be extremely wrong...have you tried pulling up your reservation on LAN's website? I have never gone to their website once in my life so I have no idea how it well it works...
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Is it under the same PNR? Is your FFN in the PNR? If so, then the system will allow you to select MCE seats, no problem. If not, simply go to AA.com, look up the PNR using the record locator and last name, and add your FFN.

If not under the same PNR, call AA Reservations and have an agent do it manually.
Awesome. My FFN is in there as I gave it to a friend, I think he didn't quite know what to look for. Glad it's pretty simple.

Follow up question, can I manage the booking from my account once I have the PNR / record locator?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:01 am

I'm planning saver off peak travel from BOS to NRT in late march/early april, and I'm hoping to stopover at an exotic location. Now I've done my research and know about the restriction to North American hubs. I tried booking BOS-HNL and then HNL-BOS and it works fine, 25k for that trip. Then I tried BOS-YVR and then YVR-NRT and it wants me to pay 12.5k to YVR and 25k from YVR to NRT, ...? I tried changing my origin airport to JFK, but JFK-YVR then YVR-NRT still charges extra. Does anyone know what's going on? Did I exceed the 125% MPM or something?

Last edited by divinebaboon; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:19 am
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by no1cub17
I would guess it doesn't appear online (when you say online I assume you mean aa.com) bc it's a LA flight and not AA - and booked through LA and not AA with no AA coded flights? But I could be extremely wrong...have you tried pulling up your reservation on LAN's website? I have never gone to their website once in my life so I have no idea how it well it works...
Well, I did book via AA (had to in order to use my AA miles) even though the flights are exclusively LAN. But awards on LAN can't be booked online, so I had to call AA to make the reservation.

I book LAN flights via AA all the time, with no segment on AA, and they always appear online at aa.com with the AA PNR (I then type that into LAN's site and it comes back with the LAN PNR so I can select seats, etc.). I have the LAN PNR for the reward flights and can pull them up, but they don't appear on aa.com under "View My Trips" like regular paid travel does.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pinned
Awesome. My FFN is in there as I gave it to a friend, I think he didn't quite know what to look for. Glad it's pretty simple.

Follow up question, can I manage the booking from my account once I have the PNR / record locator?
Answer: yes. Very easy!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by zpaul
Well, I did book via AA (had to in order to use my AA miles) even though the flights are exclusively LAN. But awards on LAN can't be booked online, so I had to call AA to make the reservation.

I book LAN flights via AA all the time, with no segment on AA, and they always appear online at aa.com with the AA PNR (I then type that into LAN's site and it comes back with the LAN PNR so I can select seats, etc.). I have the LAN PNR for the reward flights and can pull them up, but they don't appear on aa.com under "View My Trips" like regular paid travel does.
This appears to happen with award flights that are exclusively on another carrier. For example, my JL-only itinerary doesn't appear under "View My Trips". You can, however, still view them on aa.com by searching for the record locator and passenger name under "My Trips / Check-In" on the aa.com front page.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
This appears to happen with award flights that are exclusively on another carrier. For example, my JL-only itinerary doesn't appear under "View My Trips". You can, however, still view them on aa.com by searching for the record locator and passenger name under "My Trips / Check-In" on the aa.com front page.
Thank you!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AAEXP, 1 MM
LHR T5 lounge access?
...as an AA P, and admirals club member do I have access? I am Arriving on AA 136 ctn to BA55 JNB?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:45 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mstogo
LHR T5 lounge access?
...as an AA P, and admirals club member do I have access? I am Arriving on AA 136 ctn to BA55 JNB?
As a oneworld Sapphire you will be able to access the BA Galleries Lounges in T5.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AAEXP, 1 MM
Thanks HNL!
Called admirals club cust. Svc yesterday...they said no... I re-read platinum benefits and as I understood it to say sapphire was admitted..
Thanks...hope it works...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.