Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended

You will be charged only when you ticket the itinerary.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by copilot5
Hi, I'm about to make my first AA partner award booking for a business or first class international flight. I'm waiting for my SPG points to transfer to AA, so I want to put my seats on hold. I understand that you have to call AA reservations to do this, and I'll get charged the $25 phone booking fee. Once my SPG points post to my AA account though, do I simply call back and confirm the reservation? Will I be charged another $25 phone booking fee?

Thanks!
You do not have to call AA to put a partner award on hold, if aa.com supports award bookings for all Partners on the itinerary. If you can book a particular award at aa.com, you can place the award on hold at aa.com.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:32 pm

Recently, I have seen an AA plane parking in HK. Is this usual or was that a test flight and they are planning to start a new route between HK and USA?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JALlover
Recently, I have seen an AA plane parking in HK. Is this usual or was that a test flight and they are planning to start a new route between HK and USA?
They are in HKG for maintenance work at HAECO.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ng-flight.html
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:28 pm

"executive team"?

I'm PM on Delta and when I called to inquire about a status challenge, the woman did some digging around and I was told I could challenge for EXP. I thought this was some un-publicized perk to lure people from DL and gladly told her I'd sign up. She asked for my card, etc.

So now it turns out that of course AA doesn't do EXP challenges for DL Platinums (apparently they do for Diamonds). The lead I spoke with said that an exception could be made, particularly in light of my misinformation, if I talked to the "executive team", but he said he couldn't give me their number. Is this a feasible option? Is there a number for the "executive team"? (What is it?)

Does it matter that my company does a lot of business with AA?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
All Y seats showing unavailable online?

I wanted to see about a better seat on AA 472 on 1/24, but all the coach seats are unavailable. However, when I look in TripIt-Pro, it shows 7 Y (and F) tickets are available. What does this generally indicate? When's my best chance for getting a better seat?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by adambrock
I wanted to see about a better seat on AA 472 on 1/24, but all the coach seats are unavailable. However, when I look in TripIt-Pro, it shows 7 Y (and F) tickets are available. What does this generally indicate? When's my best chance for getting a better seat?
Unfortunately, the seat maps on AA.com are horribly unreliable. It may be they have blocked the remaining seats for some reason. TripIt-Pro may be showing what AA is willing to sell which just might exceed available seats. Your best bet is to keep checking and hope something comes up. EF might be another way to go by putting a seat alert on what you want.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:31 pm

Sorry if this sounds too newbie..

I'm booking an one-way coach award ticket MSP-PVG. My ideal departure date is Mar 19 but now the only av ailable fight is Mar 12.

If I book it today and later see a new opening can I change it for free?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Yes you can.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
Can I book a ticket for my friend by using my AAdvantage miles/account?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Austin Winters
Yes.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:10 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Austin Winters
yes
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Yes you can.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:58 am

I'm flying with a big family tomorrow night, LAX-MIA. I have the Citi AAdvantage card, and it says that my first checked bag is free, and up to four people traveling with me. Do you know if we use curbside check-in, they would be able to know that my first bag fee is waived? Or would they just charge me the bag fee anyway, and I need to go inside to the ticket counter for the checked bags?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
When do the new aadvantage cards (for past 2/2013) arrive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.