Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Are flying on a paid Business Class ticket, and hoping that your SWU clears for an upgrade to First Class? And note that AB does not fly out of LHR, so your LHR-TXL flight is likely operated by BA, even if it has an AB flight number.
I bought a Q class ticket which should be valid for a First/Business class upgrade using a SWU? Yeah, sorry, it is British Airways that's operating LHR-TXL.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Are flying on a paid Business Class ticket, and hoping that your SWU clears for an upgrade to First Class? And note that AB does not fly out of LHR, so your LHR-TXL flight is likely operated by BA, even if it has an AB flight number.
I bought a Q class ticket which should be valid for a First/Business class upgrade using a SWU? Yeah, sorry, it is British Airways that's operating LHR-TXL.
So you've booked an Economy Class ticket, and are hoping for a one-class upgrade to Business Class? (AA's flights from JFK to LHR offer three classes of service; an SWU only upgrades you one class.)
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:16 pm

So you've booked an Economy Class ticket, and are hoping for a one-class upgrade to Business Class? (AA's flights from JFK to LHR offer three classes of service; an SWU only upgrades you one class.)
Yessir. My mistake on confusing First and Business.

So if the SWU clears, which lounges would I have access to?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If your SWU goes through, US Admirals Clubs on your route, LHR Terminal 5 Galleries Business lounges (there are two iirc). (With Platinum / Sapphire status it would be the same, regardless of class of service, and with Emerald / EXP, it would be Flagship Lounges if available as well as Clubs, and in T-5 Galleries First).

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Yessir. My mistake on confusing First and Business.

So if the SWU clears, which lounges would I have access to?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:53 am

I had to cancel two TATL J tickets in I fare.
AA took EURO 300 / ticket which is fine
No new booking has been made (I don't know when the travel will be )
I asked for an e-mail showing that AA "owe" me some money on this ticket but phone agent told me no
Should I worry that when I call in 3 or 6 months (before 12 months from date of purchase) they'll tell me that these tickets have zero value ?
Basically if they told me for example that I made a no show, I have no way to prove the opposite
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
I had to cancel two TATL J tickets in I fare.
AA took EURO 300 / ticket which is fine
No new booking has been made (I don't know when the travel will be )
I asked for an e-mail showing that AA "owe" me some money on this ticket but phone agent told me no
Should I worry that when I call in 3 or 6 months (before 12 months from date of purchase) they'll tell me that these tickets have zero value ?
Basically if they told me for example that I made a no show, I have no way to prove the opposite
I wouldn't worry about, I've cancelled and never had a problem applying the credit in the future.

AA doesn't have a "travel bank" link like many carriers. However, you can check out the refund page on aa.com, and you might be able to pull up your reservation and see your remaining (its been a while since I've had to do this)
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: FT
so would NRT-YVR (on JAL)-YVR-JFK (on CX) work and not exceed MPM. i would then just use some avios to get from NYC to YYZ to get a stop over in YVR to visit my parents.

i might be safe in 2014 with decent J on JAL to YVR.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Primary: Aadvantage
No question here, only popping in to say this forum's been invaluable to me at times as an anonymous user in the past, so I finally decided to pull the trigger and register.

So hello, and thanks for all the fish.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:37 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Admonkey
No question here, only popping in to say this forum's been invaluable to me at times as an anonymous user in the past, so I finally decided to pull the trigger and register.

So hello, and thanks for all the fish.
Welcome to FT. Remember: Don't Panic!

Cheers.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I wouldn't worry about, I've cancelled and never had a problem applying the credit in the future.

AA doesn't have a "travel bank" link like many carriers. However, you can check out the refund page on aa.com, and you might be able to pull up your reservation and see your remaining (its been a while since I've had to do this)
Thank you very much
Yesterday My Mother got her purse stolen with her passport so tomorrow departure with my dad was not possible.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
hey guys,

suppose i do plat challenge, and bought int'l RT where the 1st leg completes the challenge.

will the Platinum perks/bonus be applicable on the journey home? will my T ticket home be upgradable ?

thanks
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If your Platinum status shows on your record, of course, yes - but if your turnaround is short, and we have also know that sometimes one's already booked reservations will not automatically update with status - so you will likely have to call AA and have your new status updated and reflected in your PNR.

On American, all published fares can be upgraded at this point. (Some government fares may not be upgradable, as well as unpublished or consolidator fares.)

Originally Posted by combiblock
hey guys,

suppose i do plat challenge, and bought int'l RT where the 1st leg completes the challenge.

will the Platinum perks/bonus be applicable on the journey home? will my T ticket home be upgradable ?

thanks
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
If your Platinum status shows on your record, of course, yes - but if your turnaround is short, and we have also know that sometimes one's already booked reservations will not automatically update with status - so you will likely have to call AA and have your new status updated and reflected in your PNR.

On American, all published fares can be upgraded at this point. (Some government fares may not be upgradable, as well as unpublished or consolidator fares.)

yeah, turnaround is very short, less than 24hrs. Does it make it EVEN less likely if travel with airline partner instead of AA metal?

Should i be able to call AA once i reached there to update my status?

planning to travel to Australia with QF. thanks for quick reply btw.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.1MM
JAL flights not codeshare anymore?

5 days ago I searched on ITA (or AA) for a flight from DFW to SGN & got DFW-NRT on AA metal, and NRT-SGN on JAL. Now, when looking I get to NRT and then AA wants to direct me to SGN via LAX-HKG! What is going on here? Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Originally Posted by eliteone
5 days ago I searched on ITA (or AA) for a flight from DFW to SGN & got DFW-NRT on AA metal, and NRT-SGN on JAL. Now, when looking I get to NRT and then AA wants to direct me to SGN via LAX-HKG! What is going on here? Thanks.
Are you still experiencing this problem? The JAL codeshare flights seem to be coming up fine for dummy bookings in August. Further out--next May--I don't see any JAL codeshares, but they have Cathay Pacific codeshares or AA combinations with JAL flights.

I used to get the issue you mentioned when seeing whether I could book intra-Europe flights on AA's website (it always wanted to send me via JFK, ORD, or MIA). If you're trying to book multiple hops, perhaps that issue is still showing up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.