Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

What will happen to the american-aadvantage-445 Forum with the merger?

What will happen to the american-aadvantage-445 Forum with the merger?

Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

RIP american-aadvantage-445

and us-airways-dividend-miles-612. Its been real.

All hail http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-aadvantage-6XX/

The devil spawn of 445 and 612 will be the 3rd biggest board, but with all the gripping that will ensue I have faith we will catch up to delta-skymiles-665. There is no hope of catching united-mileageplus-consolidated-681, poor souls.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 13, 2013 at 7:48 pm Reason: preserve original post title
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I think that's a bit premature.

Ultimately, there will be anew forum, much as the DL-NW and UA-CO mergers wrought. It will be some time before we have to say goodbye to anything, and the new forum will come about as the merger occurs and finalizes.

Ultimately, the Community Director, Admin, AA and USDM moderators will be working on this. It wil lcome about on an organized and useful fashion for the constituents of AA, UA and the new airline.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
How Have Board Mergers Worked on FT?

I do not go off the AA board often.

As the merger happens, do we become one board, do we assimilate the U.S. Air board or do they eat us?

Do we stay separate? Do we continue to defend AA and bash US or do we reverse?

Inquiring minds want to know.

THANKS
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
There would be a consolidated forum and then separate subforums for PMAA and PMUS. I wouldn't expect any of that to happen until the Bankruptcy Court and DOJ approve the merger though...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When NW and DL merged, the a new fora was created once the frequent flyer plans had merged, with the prior airline fora preserved as sub-fora. Same thing when UA and CO merged.

Since Flyertalk is primarily about miles and points, discussion of frequent flyer plans is paramount and thus, until the frequent flyer plans are combined into (presumably) Advantage (no need for the extra A anymore) later on, no need to combine them just yet.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:19 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please see JDiver's post above. Thanks! /Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.