Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PLATINUM 2000 MATERIALS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2000, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

PLATINUM 2000 MATERIALS

i was told over the phone that I had requalified for Platinum for 2000, however I have yet to receive a card or even a letter.

What is going on?
Old Feb 19, 2000, 6:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Still no Plat materials for me, but my boyfriend just got his Gold packet Wednesday.
Old Feb 19, 2000, 7:55 am

I would not be concerned. In the past my materials have not arrived until late February or even March.
Old Feb 19, 2000, 7:57 am

I would not be concerned. In the past my materials have not arrived until late February or even March.
Old Feb 19, 2000, 2:49 pm

More important is to make sure your status in the computer is correct.
Old Feb 21, 2000, 9:50 am
Original Member

AA said the Plat materials would be mailed 2/13, I would be patient as I have always received them on time.
Old Mar 12, 2000, 5:29 pm

I became an AA Plat in January. To date I haven't receieved a Plat card or any membership materials.I have called customer service 5 times to inquire about the missing info. Still nothing has arrived.Is this lack of customer service typical of AA ? Is UA really better ?

I am a Prem Exec on UA. I must say UA's FC is much better on the ORD-HNL route.
I took AA on the ORD-HNL route.The lack of footrests on AA FC is a minus.
Old Mar 14, 2000, 5:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
I got my Platinum materials the last week in February. My United Premier card came the first week in March.
Old Mar 14, 2000, 11:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I got my platinum materials last week. This time I got the luggage tags! (last year I didn't get the luggage tags )
Old Mar 15, 2000, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
This is the second year in a row I made Platinum and received my 2000/200l card last month but no membership guide or luggage tags. A few weeks ago I called AA and was told (a) they would make a "special effort" to send me a membership guide; and (b) they stopped sending luggage tags "years ago".

Yesterday I received my 2000 Platinum Membership Guide AND two Platinum luggage tags. So folks, it's not what you're told on the phone but what arrives in the mail
Old Mar 15, 2000, 10:20 pm

The last time I called the AA customer service ,the rep made an interesting comment.She likened AA service to the service received from credit card companies,that is be happy with what service is offered.I explained I was traveling to HNL at the end of the month. I needed my missing AA FF card to get the 3rd night free at Sheraton. The AA rep stated if the AA card didn't arrive in time ,I should stay at another hotel in HNL.

No wonder there are more UA threads on FlyerTalk.That's where most of the FF are located. But I will still give the benefit of doubt to AA .
Old Mar 15, 2000, 11:57 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Heck, I'm Exec Platinum, and I still have not received my membership card yet (got the tags, VIP2's, guide, etc. but no card)! I called the desk, asked for one, said one would be sent, and this was a month ago!

I don't really need the card at the moment, but I will be doing a lot of travel in two months with QF and CX, at which time it will be necessary!

Old Mar 25, 2000, 12:48 pm

After seven weeks ,no card ,no membership materials. Also, after 6 calls, finally someone at AA customer service became responsive to my needs.I told the rep no card...no fly AA. When I stated I used UA instead of AA to LHR as a Prem Exec, the customer rep offered to place several thousand miles to my account.I have an ORD-HNL trip next week.The Sheraton is offering 3rd night free with the AA card. Without the AA card, I'll lose the free night,but UA will gain 1st class airfare.

I must say we frequently blame airlines for lousy service. The truth is, there some lousy and lazy employees that work for airline companies .It may be only a small percentage, but they sure do alot of damage.
Old Mar 25, 2000, 3:27 pm

I still haven't received by EXP card, but I have been receiving the service via phone - and it's been fantastic so far.

However, I'm still ATTEMPTING to get my system-wide upgrades from when I achieved 1M miles - almost three years ago! Now, they tell me that since I didn't complain then, that they probably won't be able to provide them - since it was so long ago, even though I told that that I would have complained - had I known that I was supposed to receive them. Anyone have ideas on a receptive csr that would be able to assist me? So far, I've just gotten the run-around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.