FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Miles With MCI/WCOM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/143573-aa-miles-mci-wcom.html)

chix Mar 10, 2000 3:54 pm

AA Miles With MCI/WCOM

Just got off the phone with WCOM regarding a very disturbing issue. I noticed that I have not had any AA postings for WCOM miles in the last few months.

The supervisor said I have been put on a "black list" of customers who can no longer earn miles because they have gotten too many miles and/or too many lines.

I was very annoyed with the response and they said they would get back to me in 2-3 weeks to see what they could do.

I have called AA AAdvantage ... They said there is no mile cap.

I looked through all the WCOM rules... No such information.

I have been a MCI/WCOM customer with multiple lines for at least 8 years. Why is this a problem now?

Does this make any sense to you?

MilesNut Mar 10, 2000 5:52 pm

Chik....How many lines do you have?

chix Mar 10, 2000 6:11 pm

4 lines....

dgordon Mar 10, 2000 10:34 pm

I have been having trouble getting miles for one particular line with AA miles for me. I have two other lines signed up with the same FF# with AA for me and am getting those miles. They didn't give me that answer when I e-mailed - just said I wasn't eligible to receive miles on that account. After calling a couple of times, got a rep who said it WAS in my record and he would send it through again. If I don't get the promised miles, I'm cancelling. I have 6 lines with MCI, but 3 family members, and different programs. This is the first time I've tried have the same program at the same time on different lines.

------------------
DtG

Travelcrazy Mar 11, 2000 3:55 pm

OK Chix, so I got concerned, but I went and checked ... all my miles seem to be posting. I have three lines and they all accumulate miles to one AAdvantage account number. The most recent posting was on my February statement and posted on 1/22/00. Good luck!

chix Mar 25, 2000 1:25 am

As a follow up, I got back in touch with AA & WCOM. Here's the FINAL response:
WCOM Supervisor: After further investigation, my 4 accounts have been permanently notated as "definitely" no more monthly bonus miles. Official reason: Too many lifetime miles in the last 8 years.

AA: AAdvantage actually has a liason that works full time just with WCOM. He investigated and responded by saying there is no cap on lifetime earnings stated. However, WCOM reserves the right to make exceptions as they choose.

So as you can see, I am very upset with this.

I am now waiting for the "best" offer to switch. I am hoping AT&T will re-open their Personal Rewards program soon so I can get SPG Starpoints. I would go to Sprint but have little use for Northwest Worldperks miles (I live in Northeast and concentrate on UA/AA).

Schutzee Mar 25, 2000 7:28 am

Chix,
I have six lines with MCI. They have cut off my AA, DL, and CO miles, even on the new account in my wife's and daughters names !! I may have made a mistake in using account manager. Perhaps this brought the multiple lines to their attention.

upandaway Mar 25, 2000 9:15 am

Dear All.
The mci rep that I used since December is great and she did it again on Tuesday.
1. I got 35 K for each of my 5 lines and all have started to post (32,520 total as of 3/22/00)I gave her a new account on Tuesday and there were no catches.
2. She watches my account for billing errors, if I catch them I email her the amount and the dates and why and she issues the credit I receive a letter in the mail confirming the credit. So far she has caught all the errors first. No more 2 hour calls to MCI
3. She uses a combination of codes for the miles so I get all the miles and I can email her and ask about my miles when ever I like.
Want more email her [email protected]
She was a great help to me!!!!!!