Targeted Mailing

Old Feb 14, 2000, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Targeted Mailing

Mrs. 'toad recently received this mailing from AA:

Dear Mrs. Hammertoad:

We realize American may not always be your first choice when you have to travel on business, but we'd like to change that. You see, we're doing our best to meet the needs of business travelers like you. American Airlines would be proud to serve you more often, and to prove it, we're offering you additional opportunities to earn more miles in the AAdvantage program - so that you can earn travel awards much more quickly. You could also qualify for Gold status, good through February 2001.

We know that sometimes your busy schedule means you have to travel at the last minute, which means buying a full fare ticket. Now those last minute trips can earn you AAdvantage bonus miles, and possibly even elite status in our program. Just fly with American or American Eagle between February 15 and May 15, 2000 and you will automatically receive:

5,000 bonus miles for flying 3 full-fare segments.

10,000 bonus miles and AAdvantage Gold status for flying 6 full-fare segments.

10,000 bonus miles and AAdvantage Gold status for flying two First or Business Class International segments.

The great thing about these rewards is how easy they are to earn. All you have to do is fly. We'll handle all the details. Imagine what a difference some of these rewards could make whenever you travel. And, American and American Eagle can take you to more than 250 cities throughout the world, including the US, Canada, the Caribbean, Central and South America, japan, Mexico and Europe. So, no matter where you're headed, chances are we're going your way.

We hope you'll hae the opportunity to take us up on these offers. We look forward to seeing you on board soon.

Mike Gunn
EVP, Marketing and Planning

For the record, Mrs. 'toad flew 1 full-fare coach trans-atlantic last year. Also an award ticket and 1 RT on Midway Airlines.

Cheers,

'toad
Old Feb 14, 2000, 7:49 pm

I got the same letter the other day.

And I'm still trying to figure out if I can take advantage of the offer in good conscience. I do a lot of last minute flying, but it pains me so not to take the least expensive ticket. I do have an ATL-PDX trip in the next couple of weeks that will almost certainly be purchased at or near the last minute.(You go when the customer needs you.) If the AA "Y" is no more than 10-15% of the best available fare, I'll seriously consider doing it for the four legs and get 5,000 miles. Then it ought to be a cinch to get the other two legs needed for Gold status by May 15.

I'd always avoided AA because of the mileage expiration thing. Between the end of expiration and this offer, they may merit another look from the Boatman.

To those who are wondering: There is fine print stating the offer is only available to members recieving the mailing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.