Choosing seats AA, BA, AY

Old Jan 31, 13, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Choosing seats AA, BA, AY

Hello,

I've tried to search for this but not come up with anything too relevant.
I have a multi-sector J class itinerary booked with AA, which includes sectors on BA (4 European sectors) and AY (1 TATL sector)
So I actually have 2 questions :
1. I'd like to change the seat assignment given to me on the AY flight. The AY website won't allow me to do so. Is there anyway to do this?
2. I have an AA PNR and a BA PNR. The BA flights are the first two flights and the last two flights of the whole ten sector booking. For the first two flights there are no seats booked and I get the usual BA pay for seat process if I go on to BA.com. However BA.com only shows me the 5 outbound sectors on the BA PNR. I can't find my return sectors on BA.com and the two BA flights in that journey have seats already allocated in J ... Seems weird. Could it be possible that my AA PNR is actually two different BA PNRs? If so how can I find the second BA PNR?

Thanks
Old Jan 31, 13, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May or may not help
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ff-number.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-policy-2.html
and
www.checkmytrip.com
Old Feb 1, 13, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Thanks for the info but I'm afraid it didn't really solve anything...
AY site doesn't let me do anything seatwise, ditto for the IB site. I can reserve seats on the first 2 BA flights if I am prepared to pay for it (as per usual on BA) but the last 2 BA flights (which only show up on AA.com) have seats already reserved on them for which I have not paid...
As the reservation is on AA tickets and flight numbers checkmytrip.com has nothing for me, and if I put in the BA PNR I just get half the trip as per BA.com.
Old Feb 1, 13, 6:04 am

I have had irratic behaviour re. access to booking and seats on a BA/AA combination. Why don't you call AA and let them check?
Old Feb 1, 13, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by flyphilrun View Post
Hello,

I've tried to search for this but not come up with anything too relevant.
I have a multi-sector J class itinerary booked with AA, which includes sectors on BA (4 European sectors) and AY (1 TATL sector)
So I actually have 2 questions :
1. I'd like to change the seat assignment given to me on the AY flight. The AY website won't allow me to do so. Is there anyway to do this?
2. I have an AA PNR and a BA PNR. The BA flights are the first two flights and the last two flights of the whole ten sector booking. For the first two flights there are no seats booked and I get the usual BA pay for seat process if I go on to BA.com. However BA.com only shows me the 5 outbound sectors on the BA PNR. I can't find my return sectors on BA.com and the two BA flights in that journey have seats already allocated in J ... Seems weird. Could it be possible that my AA PNR is actually two different BA PNRs? If so how can I find the second BA PNR?

Thanks
Do you have any OneWorld status?
Old Feb 1, 13, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zaynab View Post
I have had irratic behaviour re. access to booking and seats on a BA/AA combination. Why don't you call AA and let them check?
Yes I have a feeling that is going to be my only solution.

Originally Posted by nbevan View Post
Do you have any OneWorld status?
No, at the end of this trip I will have but not yet.
Old Feb 1, 13, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
BA and AY both charge for advance seat allocation for non-elites.

So unless AA can do anything, you will have to either pay or wait for checkin (24 hours ahead for BA, 36 hours ahead for AY).
Old Feb 1, 13, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nbevan View Post
BA and AY both charge for advance seat allocation for non-elites.

So unless AA can do anything, you will have to either pay or wait for checkin (24 hours ahead for BA, 36 hours ahead for AY).
Perhaps my questions weren't very clear. I realise that BA and AY charge for seat selection.
I have a ten sector itinerary booked through AA. Four sectors are on BA, and two of those sectors already have seats assigned, the other two unnassigned seating as yet.
One sector is on AY and the seat is also assigned. I would like to change this assignment, but have had no luck accessing it from any OW website. One of my questions was to wonder if there was a way of doing that other than waiting for OLCI.

The other question concerned the fact that my BA PNR only seems to cover half of my itinerary, and to wonder if an AA PNR can be divided into two BA PNRs...
Old Feb 1, 13, 1:53 pm

I reread your first post and should have added that in my experience (CE/CW only) I was assigned a seat on BA for the CE section even when I did not have status. Might be due to flying J.
If I book a BA ticket on BA and AA metal (with my AAdvantage number) I can see part of the trip on AA.com. Somehow BA checks my AAdvantage number with AA and IIRC it is visible on the AA website as well, but it does not appear in my AAdvantage account summary until after the trip.
All in all it seems the systems talk with each other, but what you can see online is only part of the results.
I would call AA and check if everything is fine.
Old Feb 1, 13, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM Hertz PC HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyphilrun View Post
Perhaps my questions weren't very clear. I realise that BA and AY charge for seat selection.
I have a ten sector itinerary booked through AA. Four sectors are on BA, and two of those sectors already have seats assigned, the other two unnassigned seating as yet.
One sector is on AY and the seat is also assigned. I would like to change this assignment, but have had no luck accessing it from any OW website. One of my questions was to wonder if there was a way of doing that other than waiting for OLCI.

The other question concerned the fact that my BA PNR only seems to cover half of my itinerary, and to wonder if an AA PNR can be divided into two BA PNRs...
As an EXP/Emerald flying in J with 4 family members, I had good results by obtaining from AA the AY record locater then calling AY and requesting certain seats.
Old Feb 2, 13, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks both.

I think I'll just call AA and see what they say about it.
I think I've tried just about everything else I can think of...
Old Feb 2, 13, 8:27 am

Please post the results of your phone call - may be useful for others in the same situation.
Old Feb 10, 13, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zaynab View Post
Please post the results of your phone call - may be useful for others in the same situation.
So once again thanks for the advice. Here's an update...
I ended up calling the AA call centre in the UK (ticket booked via UK website). I was able to change the finnair seating no problem but not the final BA flights (the ones with preassigned seating). I must say I wasn't TOO bothered about those anyway.
The agent couldn't seem to find a second BA PNR for me either, but then I'm not sure he fully understood what I was asking him.
Old Feb 13, 13, 11:05 am
Original Poster

... and an update on the update.
Finally got an agent who seemed to know what he was talking about. He gave me a second BA PNR "for your return". Went to check it on BA.com and it is indeed the return - minus two flights....
Am now trying to identify those two on a BA PNR somewhere....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: