Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free / trial / instant / shortcut to AAdvantage Elite status (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
I had the same thing happen to me on Friday (January 31). I called up AA Customer Service today (which transferred me to AAdvantage Customer Service), explained the situation to the agent, and after lots of holds and discussion got everything sorted out.

The agent blew me away...she was so determined to make sure my status was set back to Platinum, my upgrades were reinstated (20 were deducted from my account), all of my future upgrade requests were intact...

As a recent UA convert, it is literally a joy to speak with AA reps. Everyone I've spoken to this year has gotten things right the first time!! ^
Glad to hear that, ill call them up! My corporate policy is first over 3:30, and DFW-LAX is 3:25, so I really want to get in the upgrade queue, or at least get an E+ seat for that flight next week.

This promo has gotten me to switch from UA as well. If only AA would come back to Burbank there would be no excuse to use anyone else...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Do you guys think this is targeted?
Well, the web page does say "Promotion Code:
STSPL

This is an exclusive offer only for members who received an invitation for this offer via email directly from American Airlines"

So, I am guessing it was targeted.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by capitolm94
Glad to hear that, ill call them up! My corporate policy is first over 3:30, and DFW-LAX is 3:25, so I really want to get in the upgrade queue, or at least get an E+ seat for that flight next week.

This promo has gotten me to switch from UA as well. If only AA would come back to Burbank there would be no excuse to use anyone else...
AA MCE is not the same as BA's E+
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
AA MCE is not the same as BA's E+
Fair enough, I think of it as the same as UAs E+.

AA's email customer service sorted this out for me and restored platinum. Unfortunately, the website will not let me select seats (saying "one or more seats cannot be assigned"), any idea why that happens?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA SIL, MR PLT, SPG PLT, HH DIA, Avis First
New member here - I have been following a while, but never finally contributed until now.

I was extended the AA Gold offer early last fall that was scheduled to expire at the end of 2013. I didn't fly the 6,000 miles that was required to extend until the end of February 2014, and subsequently lost my status at the beginning of the year.

I just recent flew US Airways for spring break this past week, and had originally booked under my DividendMiles acct number. Realizing this was a stupid move and I actually wanted the AAdvantage miles, I changed my booking under my AAdvantage number and lo and behold as I went to check-in to my flight, the flight booking system allowed me to seat both myself and my companion in the ChoiceSeats. Thinking this was just a window that opened up to anyone within 24 hours of the flight, I thought nothing of it until I printed out the boarding pass. I was shocked to see it printed out with the prominent AA GOLD at the top.

I'm guessing this is something that has been overlooked as a result of the merger, but does anyone else have any clues? Logging into my AA acct., I still show up as just a regular AAdvantage member, no elite status.

(Edit: fingers crossed AA can't trace this back to me )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.