Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sneaking into 3-class Int'l F???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Maybe he just didn't know where his seat was (yeah right).
Like the clueless that ask the FA "uh, where's 16D?". If I was a FA I'd want to reply "16? That's between 15 and 17."
That wouldn't fly on UA though where none of the row numbers make sense until you realize they standardized all the exit row numbers. Like on this A-319 seatmap:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...After09JUN.php
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
That wouldn't fly on UA though where none of the row numbers make sense until you realize they standardized all the exit row numbers. Like on this A-319 seatmap:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...After09JUN.php
They go in ascending order though. So 20 is after 12.

Id hope UA isn't issuing boarding passes for rows that dont exist!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by kingarthur
Had my first F stowaway experience on DCA-DFW... a 400 pound guy and his buddy boarded late, and F had 6 or 7 empty seats, so they sat together, not without drawing some attention to themselves. I chalked it up to inexperienced flyers, but about 5 minutes later the gate agent comes on and says there is an extra passenger in F, looking right at the 400-pounder... turns out the 400-pound guy had an F seat but his buddy was supposed to be in Y. The GA did a great job when the buddy tried to protest, saying they were trying to stay on time but couldn't shut the door till he was in his correct seat, and it would make everyone late if he didn't comply immediately. Lot of grins in F and among the FA's as he made the "walk of shame." The 400-lb guy didn't seem phased; maybe it had worked before...
Or perhaps they were inexperienced flyers and thought "hey, if there's nobody in the adjacent seat they no harm no foul". Big guy was probably only buying F since he needed the extra space and two buddies wanted to sit next to each other and probably just didn't really think that much of it. This is one of those situations in which I imagine many on FT will hear hoofbeats and think zebras.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CMK10
"I got the Stockholm Syndrome
Everywhere I turn I see places where we fell in love"
The song is both melodic and rhythmic and the video is haunting. I've watched it at least 10 times and I'm still not sure that I understand all that happened.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dayone
The song is both melodic and rhythmic and the video is haunting. I've watched it at least 10 times and I'm still not sure that I understand all that happened.
Right? The video freaks me out a little, but I love the song, it's on BPM the Sirius EDM channel a lot and I always get excited when it comes on. Plus, I recently got out of a relationship so it's relevant.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Like the clueless that ask the FA "uh, where's 16D?". If I was a FA I'd want to reply "16? That's between 15 and 17."
On a slightly different point, compare FA assistance on boarding with Asian airlines. I fly Nok Air (a Thailand LCC) fairly regularly between UTH and DMK, a 40 minute flight. During boarding, the FAs are spread throughout the cabin proactively asking people where their seats are and directing them to the seats. Oh, and they put your luggage in the overhead, too. Without being asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.