awardnexus.com accuracy?

Old Jan 26, 13, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
awardnexus.com accuracy?

Greetings all,

I am trying to book a one way award ticket from SGN-DFW, using awardnexus.com as search tool.

On the 02-02 it is showing 1 F available from HKG-SFO, flight CX870 on 744, but AA award desk said that none is available. Is the search tool on awardnexus not updated in real time (I have the live button checked) or the AA agents seeing a different inventory?

I know there are seats on 02-03 but I cannot find any direct flight from SFO-DFW on 02-03, which is why I am desperately trying to get the 02-02 date.

Thanks everyone.
Old Jan 26, 13, 3:49 am

The general award availability displayed by Award Nexus is real-time.

I double checked your search with multiple airline sites and it looks like CX870 should have 1 F seat available for award redemption.

https://awardnexus.com/collage/view/...83adefbf760327

The issue is that AA sometimes have trouble seeing CX availability that is otherwise available. I have experienced this a few times myself.

My suggestion would be that you call a few more times to see if another agent have better luck. Also, try asking the agent to search both segment-by-segment (asking for HKG-SFO first, then add in other segments after the agent confirmed availability) and through (asking for SGN-DFW on CX).

Sometimes the inventory may also become available to AA in a day or two.

I hope this helps.
Old Jan 26, 13, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thank you ckpeter for the information. Just tried your method and received the same answer as before, no seat available

I found J award on JL that routed through BOS on 787, but very likely it will be downgrade to 777-200, so I don't know..

What do you think of F award on JL, which route would be best to score F seat?

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 13, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by vu0219 View Post
Thank you ckpeter for the information. Just tried your method and received the same answer as before, no seat available

I found J award on JL that routed through BOS on 787, but very likely it will be downgrade to 777-200, so I don't know..

What do you think of F award on JL, which route would be best to score F seat?

Thanks.
Keep trying in the next few days. That lone F award may become available for AA redemption.

I think J on JL is a fine choice. Chances are though, that the 787 will be swapped out for 777-200 or the flight cancelled. However, you can always book now and wait to be re-accommodated if there is a cancellation. Also, AA allows you to upgrade cabin without fee, so you can book a J award now, and upgrade to an F award with only additional mileage required, if the F award becomes available. With so many CX flights, chances are that you would be able to score an F award in the next week.

I haven't paid too much attention to JL F awards lately, but from memory, NRT-ORD has some F availability, and NRT-JFK sometimes have a few of them as well.
Old Jan 26, 13, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EXP, SPG-Plat
I never heard of awardnexus but this amazing.
Old Jan 27, 13, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks again ckpeter.

I found the F seat on JL for NRT-ORD, woot!!! Too bad not the new F suite but this will do, since I already experienced F product on CX, I am sure JL F experience will be very similar, if not better on the soft product.

Cheers.
Old Jan 27, 13, 9:19 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
On the 02-02 it is showing 1 F available from HKG-SFO, flight CX870 on 744, but AA award desk said that none is available. Is the search tool on awardnexus not updated in real time (I have the live button checked) or the AA agents seeing a different inventory?
Just because CX has an award seat for their customers doesn't mean it's available to other carriers.
Old Jan 27, 13, 10:25 pm

Thanks again ckpeter.

I found the F seat on JL for NRT-ORD, woot!!! Too bad not the new F suite but this will do, since I already experienced F product on CX, I am sure JL F experience will be very similar, if not better on the soft product.

Cheers.
That's great news. JL F is very good. I think CX is still on a different level, but JL F service is definitely worth a try, if you haven't already.

Don't forget that AA allows your to change routing for free, so if your heart is really set on CX F, keep calling and you may still be able to book on CX F for your trip.

Originally Posted by BStrauss3 View Post
Just because CX has an award seat for their customers doesn't mean it's available to other carriers.
True in general. However, in this case, the Award Nexus search done by OP confirmed that the F award is available to all partners.

https://awardnexus.com/collage/view/...83adefbf760327

You can see that all the relevant oneworld airline sites return the same F award.
Old Jan 27, 13, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD, MR GLD, SPG GLD
AwardNexus is a terrific site. It helped me greatly to book 2x F awards on CX to HKG and back. Initially only 1 seat was available for AAward. I kept searching every couple of hours for 3 days until a second seat opened up. (Y) score!
Old Jan 28, 13, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by arturob View Post
AwardNexus is a terrific site. It helped me greatly to book 2x F awards on CX to HKG and back. Initially only 1 seat was available for AAward. I kept searching every couple of hours for 3 days until a second seat opened up. (Y) score!
+1 And as you may or may not know, it has an email alert feature to notify you if seats open up. Costs a few points per day, but can save the hassle of repeatedly checking.
Old Jan 28, 13, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Just used Award Nexus to help me book SFO-HND on JL in J. There's a fair amount of availability on this route, so not particularly challenging to get this one, but Award Nexus made searching via the JL engine very easy.

I hadn't used the site in some time, and am pleased to see how much better it has become since it first started. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: