Search

DO NOT FLY AA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 1999, 8:12 pm
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

DO NOT FLY AA

If you're looking for my reasons - check out my post on General Flyer Talk - I am so sick of AA, I could scream.
Old Jun 15, 1999, 9:13 pm
pgupta011

Does this mean that if they give you travel vouchers, you will throw them in the garbage bin.

Old Jun 16, 1999, 8:17 am

EMD - are you suggesting some sort of mass boycott?

I went and read your other post, and you did have an awful experience, but I think that your suggestion to everybody to "DO NOT FLY AA" is a bit more out of anger than reality.

I think that the best course of action is for you to follow some of the advice that our fellow FlyerTalkers gave in the other post.
Old Jun 16, 1999, 8:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
EMD Sounds like you need a vacation, perhaps you should drive.
Old Jun 16, 1999, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
EMD, I read your post there. You had a bad experience. Unfortunately, most regular travelers have them from time to time. It's pretty random which airline a person's happens to be with. For everyone who's had an experience like yours with American, someone else has had one with NorthWest, Delta, etc. If everyone who had one suggested that we not fly Airline X, and we all went along, nobody would fly at all.

This is not to say these experiences are excusable. They're not, though with increased passenger loads, the low pay of most customer "service" people, the conditions they work under and the hassles they put up with, they may be understandable. Threatened legislation seems to be dragging the airlines, kicking and screaming, into doing something about this. Your energy and justifiable anger might be better channeled into making sure that they do.
Old Jun 16, 1999, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA
I have to agree with Efrem on this. I don't want to see FT become like rec.travel.air.

Dan.
Old Jun 18, 1999, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Ugh . . . don't even mention that newsgroup here, we don't want the wackos who've ruined it to find us. The best things about this board are its usefulness, civility, and sense of community. Let's keep it that way.

Charlie
Old Jun 20, 1999, 8:41 pm
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

Okay, okay, okay - - - - - -

Yes, the title to the post was made in anger.

Yes, you guys are all correct - both factually and morally - I shouldn't call for some mass boycott or totally trash AA because of one bad experience - but I cannot tell you what a bad night that was - and - for all of you - on the Buzz as well - who suggest that it was an isolated incident - the last time I flew AA, I got stuck in ORD for some 24 hours - and I did call before I left home to confirm my flights and received no info about any delays of any type.

So, again, I feel much better just having written - and I will try to either write after a good nights sleep or edit.

Again - thanks for everyone's suggestions on how to handle this situation.

EMD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.