Search

unlike AA, in hidden ways, others expire too

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 1998, 7:44 am
nyc
Original Member
Original Poster

unlike AA, in hidden ways, others expire too

AA seems to be the only carrier upfront about milage expiration. Unlike other carriers who will expire my miles if I don't purchase a ticket with them within 3 years.
Most carriers have this stipulation.
TWA always advertised that miles never expire, they never added: "unless we change the name of our program."
Old May 18, 1998, 6:39 pm
Original Member

Northwest and United are also upfront about expiration. I just received a UA Mileage Plus statement and it tells me by year how many miles expire as of 12/31 of that year.
Old May 20, 1998, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Delta has, in my experience, always been upfront about SkyMiles expiring 3 years after your last trip with them. My statements show this expiration date prominently at the top. So does my on-line record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.