Wiki Posts
Search

EXP Points, how to make sense of them?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 1998, 6:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

EXP Points, how to make sense of them?

In theory you are supposed to earn .5 EXP points per mile flown in less than Y class, 1 for Y class, and 1.25 and 1.5 for C and F.

I have earned just about every fraction of points per mile earned between .5 and 1.5 possible, with only one or two flights earning exactly one of the theoretical amounts.

How exactly are EXP points determined in practice?

Old May 20, 1998, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I haven't checked with AA - but multi-segment itineraries can have a different fare basis for each segment. Your ticket shows the fare basis for each segment as a code along with the fare allocation. I suspect they apply multipliers on a segment-by-segment basis to the mileage on each one. Try that on one of your simpler tickets and let us know if it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.