Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring miles

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 1998, 2:03 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Expiring miles

Aa a Platinum level member, I just received notice that my miles aren't going to expire as long as I remain a member of Platinum. I've got a question. If I don't requalify, does the clock on my miles start from three years from that year or do they just pick up again? Seems a little confusing since I can't figure out if the miles just hold of fthat year or are extended. Help anyone?
Old May 15, 1998, 2:02 am
Original Member

Miles which would have expired in a year you are PLT are carried over to the next year. So, it appear that whatever you would have lost one year, when you no longer qualify for PLT, you would have to use the next year.
The miles expiring two and three years hence would be the miles from the current and year prior to that, per current program rules.

Just opinion.
You may get a different answer from AA
Hope you don't get SEVERAL different
answers from AA!
Larry

Old May 20, 1998, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
As I understand it, if you're Platinum 12/31 of any year, miles that would have expired that day get another year. So:

1. You could be Platinum for one or two years with no impact on expiring miles. If they expire 12/31/01 and you come off PLT 2/28/01, they still expire.

2. You can keep miles forever by making PLT every other year. Qualify by 12/31, 10 months into the program year. You're PLT as of that day, so you get that year, and you stay PLT for the next program year, so you get that one too.

Subject to correction and/or change by AA, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.