Search

HND Connection time - Trying to catch HND-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
HND Connection time - Trying to catch HND-SFO

Hi all,

Having never travelling through HND (only NRT) here is my issue. I'm currently booked on HND-SFO leaving at 12:05AM on March 31st.

I'm debating booking Air Asia From KUL arriving at 10:30pm at HND... my instinct tells me im crazy..... any throughts?

Is it possible to make this? Or will I be amazing racing it through the airport?

Thanks all!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You might want to ask in the Japan Airlines / JAL MileageBank Forum - I believe this is an AA codeshare operated by JL. Or, use the "Alert a moderator to this post" button and we can move it there for you.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
No def do not book such a schedule. Air Aisa does not interline with either JAL or AA so there will be no protection in the case of delay. It's simply too close a connection even if HND is easy to transfer. Give you're self a few hours at least. If your arrival into HND is delayed, you're screwed.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:35 pm

International connections at HND are easily as there are about 10 gates, all in a row. However, some flights get in on the tarmac, and one then needs to transfer to a bus to the terminal. If you arrive at one of the gates with a jetway, then connections are quick. Tarmac connections must take 30 minutes more.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
International connections at HND are easily as there are about 10 gates, all in a row. However, some flights get in on the tarmac, and one then needs to transfer to a bus to the terminal. If you arrive at one of the gates with a jetway, then connections are quick. Tarmac connections must take 30 minutes more.
Doesn't really matter. The OP would be stuck for 24 hours to fend for their own a missed connection on to the JAL flight. Air Asia is LCC so they dont have agreements in place so you'd be on your own. The proposed arrival time is best case you'd make it. Something goes wrong you have another day and seat availability to sort out.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, spg platnum, viporter, United Silver, Delta Med
My flight is an advantage award booking (HND-SFO).. no status.. what happens if i miss it?

Anyone got another "lower cost alternative" suggestion to get from Bkk-HND/NRT? to make that flight?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by jchacko2
My flight is an advantage award booking (HND-SFO).. no status.. what happens if i miss it?

Anyone got another "lower cost alternative" suggestion to get from Bkk-HND/NRT? to make that flight?
Why not pay the change fee and book bkk-hkg-sfo with a free sfo-jfk for fun. asia 2 is only very slightly more miles and then you won't have to buy a ticket and worry about missed connnections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.