AA Celebrity Sightings and Related as of 2013 (consolidated)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 24, 14, 7:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JY1024
Wiki Link
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The new 2014 thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Old May 21, 13, 10:17 am

Programs: EXP AA, Hilton Diamond Member
Wow. Stunned at the bitter/sarcastic response to a first post.
I did state I wouldn't get into it for in this section CannonBall. Apologies to your brain cell. MOST of the post was directed at the topic.

Last edited by agentsteph; May 23, 13 at 7:21 pm
Old May 21, 13, 11:51 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by agentsteph View Post
So this is a first post but I have enjoyed lurking in this thread for awhile. My celeb sighting was Deion Sanders on flt from DFW-SFO on April 28th. He was on last row of first on the new 763. Boarded last, kept to himself and people did not seem to know who he was.

Way more laid back and low profile than I expected.

My dog and I were 3 rows ahead of him wondering why the "new" first class still did not have individual monitors....but that's another thread .
That's because the "new" first class is about six years old.
Old May 21, 13, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by george 3 View Post
I guess the Donald wouldn't spring for F because there was availability as late as Saturday.
Don't know why she didn't spring for F out of her own pocket, but the new SAG-AFTRA contract no longer compels F if C is available.

Last edited by ccengct; May 21, 13 at 2:45 pm Reason: typo
Old May 21, 13, 2:18 pm

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond
Conchata Ferrell of "Two and a Half Men" was across the aisle from me in first on 1273 CMH-DFW on May 12. A couple people stopped to talk to her while passing her seat during boarding, and she was very gracious to them, but seemed to prefer being left alone. Interestingly, her carry-on had her name, address and phone number written directly on the carry-on instead of a luggage tag so it was easy to read.
Old May 21, 13, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ExecPlatWife View Post
Conchata Ferrell of "Two and a Half Men"
...and of the wonderful 1976 Chayefsky/ Lumet film Network. She played one of the assistants to Diana Christensen (the Oscar-winning lead role, played by Faye Dunaway).

Originally Posted by ExecPlatWife View Post
was across the aisle from me in first on 1273 CMH-DFW on May 12. A couple people stopped to talk to her while passing her seat during boarding, and she was very gracious to them, but seemed to prefer being left alone. Interestingly, her carry-on had her name, address and phone number written directly on the carry-on instead of a luggage tag so it was easy to read.
Old May 22, 13, 10:59 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ccengct View Post
Don't know why she didn't spring for F out of her own pocket, but the new SAG-AFTRA contract no longer compels F if C is available.
No longer *compels*, that's true, but agents for individual performers can certainly negotiate F and not J and a history of verifiable deals guaranteeing F in the past would likely determine a working actor (or writer, producer, etc) will continue to get F, contractually. Those who have regularly traveled in F in the past, assuming they've worked steadily, will likely continue to travel F in the future although, of course, it's always about what one can negotiate.
Old May 22, 13, 11:09 am

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Originally Posted by agentsteph View Post
. He was on last row of first on the new 763.
What is a NEW 763? Doesn't belong under this topic - but I may have missed a memo (or two, or brain cells)
Old May 22, 13, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExecPlatWife
Conchata Ferrell of "Two and a Half Men"
Originally Posted by fastflyer View Post
...and of the wonderful 1976 Chayefsky/ Lumet film Network. She played one of the assistants to Diana Christensen (the Oscar-winning lead role, played by Faye Dunaway).
If you really wanted to freak her out (and also show your age!) you should have asked her to reminisce about Hot L Baltimore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXh-gsZmuuo
Old May 22, 13, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run View Post
What is a NEW 763? Doesn't belong under this topic - but I may have missed a memo (or two, or brain cells)
Apparently, one that was made in the last 20 years.
Old May 22, 13, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
Captain Kirk?
No, Kirk is 3D. If he was in that seat I can see him trying to kick the back of Checkov's chair.
Old May 22, 13, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT 1.85MM, Hyatt-Discoverist, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Upgraded! View Post
No arguments there. Perhaps it also had to do with the fact that they could book Gary one of the center section seats thereby ensuring the safety of the other pax in the cabin? Is that where he was seated?

2H with feet on the bulkhead.
Old May 22, 13, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Priority Club PLT, Hertz Gold
Al Roker

Al Roker in ORD AC Concourse H/K on 5/22.
Old May 22, 13, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Trustguy View Post
2H with feet on the bulkhead.
LOL

Will have to post again after I land and can check www.imdb.com. On LAX JFK 180 today that had to turn back to LAX for emergency landing. But tons of talent on plane. Back on plane with a scheduled 3am landing.

Update - with help of IMDB - Poppy Montgomery of " Without A Trace" and familial/service entourage, Paige Davis (Trading Spaces on HGTV I think, married to Patrick Davis of Turn Off the Dark/Spider-Man on Broadway) and the other couple I can't place the names with the face. Milla or Milan something and her husband David. Both from Australia. Embarrassing since I chatted with them the entire flight.

Last edited by george 3; May 23, 13 at 6:37 am
Old May 23, 13, 7:27 pm

Programs: EXP AA, Hilton Diamond Member
Originally Posted by Upgraded! View Post
That's because the "new" first class is about six years old.
put it in quotes for a reason - has the new logo on the plane
Old May 25, 13, 9:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie - LAX Admirals club and then behind me on AA 1624 LAX-ORD yesterday (5/24/13).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: