Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by dat4life
It certainly is much better than UA's offering. There are some good photos upthread in Post #639.
DOH! Should have seen that since it was just a couple of posts above
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
Choose Your Entree: MIA-LAX (Dinner)

Beef Fillet w/ Demi Glace: Grilled beef enhanced by a shallot and caper demi-glace served with mashed potatoes, carrots, squash and red onion

or

Raviolo: Cheese ravioli with tomato cream sauce

Dietary Specific Meals available: Diabetic, Gluten Intolerant, Kosher, Muslim, or Vegetarian.

Going with the steak
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:22 pm

July 26, 2013
DFW - SFO Flight 1477
Boeing 737-800
First Class Seat 6A
Dep: 17:00
Arr: 18:35

PDB: No

Warm Towels & Nuts provided shortly after takeoff

Dinner: Cheese Filled Ravioli w/ Shrimp Cocktail and a roll

Dessert was Rocky Road ice cream sundae

One of the best meals I've had on AA - and I fly the SFO - DFW route in F monthly. I was very impressed. This flight attendant's service was a little too casual (smacking gum, while taking orders), but she used names and was relatively friendly.

(Sorry the pics are so big! I thought I resized them!)

Last edited by VXCabinCrew; Jul 31, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW-PIT
AA 2048
MD-80
8:10P-11:50P (sked)
8:12P-11:44P (actual)
August 6, 2013
Snack

Just a little better than two weeks ago when we had a 4.5 hour delay and arrived at 4:37A.
Same choices as two weeks ago, chicken salad or my (pre-ordered and acknowledged) beef wrap.

ORD-TPA
AA 1854
737-800
8:10A-11:45A (sked)
8:06A-11:32A (actual)
August 8, 2013
Breakfast

Great service from ORD-based Loretta. Choice of bran cereal or the delicious egg quesadilla with salsa, chorizo and potatoes.

MIA-DEN
AA 1391
757-200
5:10P-7:30P (sked)
5:06P-6:45P (actual)
August 8, 2013
Dinner

Amazing service from one of the best crews in years, MIA-based Bill and Mark. Open bar PDB, three rounds of drinks before dinner. Choice of stuffed shells and chicken with red pepper sauce, broccolini, potatoes. Shrimp cocktail and caesar salad.

Cookies and cream ice cream.

After dinner drinks with a creative presentation including dry ice show.

Interesting +1 tonight. Not sure how owners pulled this one off but he was well behaved and no one even noticed him until we began our descent.

Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
That dinner from MIA-DEN looks really good! Cute dog as well...hope it behaved during meal service

Question: when the snack service was downgraded in autumn 2012, and lunch/dinner/breakfast windows were expanded on longer midcons (and snack flights were discontinued for all longer midcons), there was hearsay that shorter midcons that got Basic+ service for dinner (similar to the MIA-DEN service - appetizers, salad, entree, then ice cream sludge/ice cream + brownie) was discontinued. This was on flights such as LAX/SFO-DFW. Is this true? Did anyone who flew LAX/SFO-DFW recently for dinner still get the Basic+ service, or was it shorter regional midcon service (everything on one tray, cheesecake/pie for dessert)?

This is more specific to LAX-DFW, though, as that flight is shorter. However, I'm curious if other midcon dinners that were previously Basic+ got downgraded recently as well.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm still a bit unclear where AA currently stands with meal windows.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: Too Many to Count
AA 1193
DFW-SNA
Breakfast

No PDBs offered as we boarded late.

Choice of:

Cereal
with milk and banana

Quiche
Soy bacon quiche Lorraine offered with herb-crusted Roma tomato and grilled asparagus tips

Served with cranberry muffin or biscuit

Pre-order worked as advertised. Quiche and roasted tomato were good. Asparagus was slightly over cooked but tasty. Our FA, Ann, was phenomonal. She constantly roamed the cabin topping off drinks, I was addressed by name at every interaction, and she came around the cabin to shake hands and thanked pax for their business just before landing.

Can you, or anyone else reading this, confirm that the quiche is a vegetarian option. I assume the bacon within is the soy (fake) kind, but I wanted to confirm before pre-ordering on my upcoming flight in a few days. Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
[B]DFW-PIT
Interesting +1 tonight. Not sure how owners pulled this one off but he was well behaved and no one even noticed him until we began our descent.
Back in March I helped a family friend carry two golden retriever puppies RDU-DCA-STL, the two little guys got to experience both RDU & DCA ACs, E-145 and S80 First Class. I cringed when my companion took them out of the carrier during the flight but the FAs and other passengers didn't seem to mind in the least. Also got lots of attention in the DCA AC.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Question: when the snack service was downgraded in autumn 2012, and lunch/dinner/breakfast windows were expanded on longer midcons (and snack flights were discontinued for all longer midcons), there was hearsay that shorter midcons that got Basic+ service for dinner (similar to the MIA-DEN service - appetizers, salad, entree, then ice cream sludge/ice cream + brownie) was discontinued. This was on flights such as LAX/SFO-DFW. Is this true? Did anyone who flew LAX/SFO-DFW recently for dinner still get the Basic+ service, or was it shorter regional midcon service (everything on one tray, cheesecake/pie for dessert)?
See Post 648 just up ahead. I also got the basic plus service for SFO-DFW in May. I believe another poster mentioned that LAX-DFW is still basic plus, though I can't remember the exact post which was made in mid June or so.

Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
Can you, or anyone else reading this, confirm that the quiche is a vegetarian option. I assume the bacon within is the soy (fake) kind, but I wanted to confirm before pre-ordering on my upcoming flight in a few days. Thanks!
I've slept a time or two since then I've been on a continental breakfast streak all summer. I just remember it was really tasty.

Last edited by dat4life; Aug 9, 2013 at 10:00 am Reason: Updated to reflect Post#655
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
It's definitely listed as soy bacon, and I for one couldn't detect any real bacon flavor, color, or texture. I would say safe fore veg if the soy bacon is your concern. It was tasty, although my asparagus was all chopped up and it came with some sort of reconstituted sun dried tomatoes on the side.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I believe another poster mentioned that LAX-DFW is still basic plus, though I can't remember the exact post which was made in mid June or so.
Actually, that was a post saying that LAX-DFW no longer gets basic plus. However, we have yet to have another person flying that route with dinner service. If anyone has flown that route recently and had dinner, please let us know.

I have a feeling that basic plus is still available on LAX-DFW, since AA considers this a premium route.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Actually, that was a post saying that LAX-DFW no longer gets basic plus. However, we have yet to have another person flying that route with dinner service. If anyone has flown that route recently and had dinner, please let us know.

I have a feeling that basic plus is still available on LAX-DFW, since AA considers this a premium route.
Oops that's right. Updated my other post.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Back in March I helped a family friend carry two golden retriever puppies RDU-DCA-STL, the two little guys got to experience both RDU & DCA ACs, E-145 and S80 First Class. I cringed when my companion took them out of the carrier during the flight but the FAs and other passengers didn't seem to mind in the least. Also got lots of attention in the DCA AC.
How could anyone resist a golden retriever puppy?
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
I had the 8-Cheese Quiche the other morning from LAX-DFW on a 757-200. DELICIOUS. I was seriously impressed because I've been flying UA lately and compared to what UA tries to pass off as FC Food these days AA's meals are 5*! The quiche was not only attractive looking, it was excellent with flaky crust, the asparagus was grilled and excellent. The biscuit was also amazing. I'm raving and I feel a little silly doing it, but seriously, compared to UA this meal was very impressive!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
That dinner from MIA-DEN looks really good! Cute dog as well...hope it behaved during meal service

This is more specific to LAX-DFW, though, as that flight is shorter. However, I'm curious if other midcon dinners that were previously Basic+ got downgraded recently as well.

Thanks for the clarification! I'm still a bit unclear where AA currently stands with meal windows.

AFAIK (somebody correct me if I'm wrong):

Basic Plus:
DFW-LAX
DFW-SFO
DFW-SEA
DFW-NYC
DFW-BOS

Basic:
DFW-RDU
DFW-WAS
DFW-BDL
DFW-YYZ

Not sure (can anyone help--I'll update the post)?
DFW-SAN
DFW-MIA
DFW-BWI
DFW-PHL
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
AFAIK (somebody correct me if I'm wrong):

Basic Plus:
DFW-LAX
DFW-SFO
DFW-SEA
DFW-NYC
DFW-BOS

Basic:
DFW-RDU
DFW-WAS
DFW-BDL
DFW-YYZ
About the same distance but treated differently, interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.