Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW-DEN
AA 1505
MD-80
5:35P-6:40P (sked)
5:58P-7:00P (est.)
April 8, 2013
Dinner

67 degrees today, 22 tomorrow. Welcome to Denver. Hope to get home before the 12" of snow lockdown scheduled for tomorrow.
Front has moved in, and captain says DIA approach is changing runways and "gusts to 50 MPH". This will be fun.

Great service tonight from Shannon on a short 1:33 (at least before the hold) flight. The usual choice of tortellini or chicken, tonight grilled chicken with red pepper sauce, medley of veggies (broccolini, carrots and snap peas... amazingly al dente) and red potatoes. Salad and CC and caramel cheesecake.

Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
04.08.13, DCA-DFW, Dinner

04.08.13, DFW-DCA (MD-80), 6:40p departure, dinner

Water before takeoff

Hot nuts, hot towels

Choice of 2 entrees:
1. Cheese ravioli in tomato cream sauce
2. Salmon with rice and broccolini

I had the salmon. Not bad--a bit overcooked, but the sauce gave it more flavor. Broccolini had lost some of its color but tasted fine.

Served with a salad, roll, and cheesecake.

Superb service.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
DFW-DEN
AA 1505
MD-80
5:35P-6:40P (sked)
5:58P-7:00P (est.)
April 8, 2013
Dinner

Didn't last week DFW-DEN flight not have a meal? I guess when SFO777 complain CEO's listen....
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Didn't last week DFW-DEN flight not have a meal? I guess when SFO777 complain CEO's listen....
Lol. I wish.
DEN-DFW does not have meal service.
At an extra 10 mins or so, DFW-DEN has meal service.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
ORD-DEN
AA 3629
CR7
8:25P-9:50P
April 2, 2013
No PDB
"Snack or Brunch"

Love Denver, but I'm start to be seriously honked off by AA DEN service. It's one thing to schedule more crappy CR7s instead of MD80s but at least don't lie about meal service or don't screw up catering. Last flight of the night has been changed from dinner service MD80 to snack service CR7. Ugh, I really hate this effing plane.

But last night was pathetic. Add in a clueless ORD-based Eagle FA and I'm thinking UA isn't looking so bad anymore.
Yes, this does say "Snack or Brunch"
I have a stack of those cheese and cracker trays in my office up for grabs by anyone willing to eat one. No takers so far. DEN-LAX gets a meal on the CR7s. Wonder why ORD-DEN gets shafted? Hopefully the upcoming E175s will see an upgrade in service ex-ORD Eagle flights.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
And SFO777 doesn't breathe. He holds air hostage.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by WChou
I have a stack of those cheese and cracker trays in my office up for grabs by anyone willing to eat one. No takers so far. DEN-LAX gets a meal on the CR7s. Wonder why ORD-DEN gets shafted? Hopefully the upcoming E175s will see an upgrade in service ex-ORD Eagle flights.

Its just about the departure time.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WChou
DEN-LAX gets a meal on the CR7s. Wonder why ORD-DEN gets shafted? Hopefully the upcoming E175s will see an upgrade in service ex-ORD Eagle flights.
LOL.
Now to be fair, that ORD-DEN flight was mis-catered. And the cheese & crackers and 5,000 AAdvantage miles was a good combo.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
SFO-DFW
AA 574
737-800
9:30A-3:00P (sked)
9:30A-2:40P (est.)
April 6, 2013
Lunch

I didn't know when I had set this trip up to Europe that I would be doing it at the end of spring break. wow ... crazy busy, and an interesting F cabin with several folks on paid tickets. As luck would have it the purser was not overly acquainted with the meal reservation system, while several of the pax had cleverly spotted the feature on aa.com, which led to some interesting conversations at the back of the cabin when folks started in on how they'd reserved X and were being told only the other meal was left. Me I was in 3A, so even if she disavowed any knowledge of the reservation system, I still got my choice.

That said, the purser worked her socks off. I had a recent DFW-SFO on a Monday afternoon which was a full flight, but not the sort where 4 year olds decide they absolutely have to occupy row 4 and their parents spend minutes trying to drag them out of there. We did not get a PDB on that previous flight, but we did on this one. It was water or juice, but kudos for squeezing it in.

Double, triple nut refills were done through the cabin, drink refills flowed, as did the wine through and after the meal. This was airline service as you always hope it will be, no hiding behind the curtain for this gal.

Main choices were Moroccan Chicken or Beef Salad. I second SFO777s evaluation of this chicken dish, excellent. The salad had a similarly prominent artichoke that SFO777 has a picture of just above. With artichoke also featured in the vegetable saute I had with the main course on AA50, I was a happy camper that day.

Cookies came out soon after the food was consumed, again with a cookie refill (of which I did not partake, though many did). Never seen that before.

Great service, in spite of the snafu with pre-orders.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
04.08.13, DFW-SEA, Lunch

04.08.13, DFW-SEA (737, new seats), 12:53 departure, lunch

No PDB (we were ~2 hours late, so they were boarding quickly)

Hot towels, nuts, nut refills

Choice of 2 entrees:
1. "Mini filet" with polenta and green beans
2. Salad with chicken

I got the filet--pretty nice to have steak on a lunch flight. Was small, but pretty tasty; it came with a flavorful broth-like sauce in a mini-ramekin. Polenta was a little lumpy, but tasted fine.

Chocolate chip or oatmeal cranberry cookie.

Superb service.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
04.08.13, DFW-SEA (737, new seats), 12:53 departure, lunch

No PDB (we were ~2 hours late, so they were boarding quickly)

Hot towels, nuts, nut refills

Choice of 2 entrees:
1. "Mini filet" with polenta and green beans
2. Salad with chicken

I got the filet--pretty nice to have steak on a lunch flight. Was small, but pretty tasty; it came with a flavorful broth-like sauce in a mini-ramekin. Polenta was a little lumpy, but tasted fine.

Chocolate chip or oatmeal cranberry cookie.

Superb service.
Same choices on Monday 2:30pm ORD-SFO.

I had the salad which consisted of dandelion greens, a few roasted tomatoes, quinoa and feta cheese served with a grilled chicken breast. Salad was excellent. Same cookie choices.

Last edited by FightingIlliniUAL; Apr 11, 2013 at 8:29 am
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Yesterday I flew JFK-DFW enjoying a chicken salad with pears, goat cheese, candied walnuts and DFW-SEA eating an open-faced sandwich with chicken and cheese. While others may not agree, I found the offering to be a refreshing change.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:11 pm

04.11.13, SEA-ORD, Lunch

04.11.13, SEA-ORD (737, new seats), 2:10p departure, Lunch

PDB or OJ or water, served off tray (impressive, given we were 2 hrs. late and they were trying to board quickly)

Hot towels, nuts

An FA who asked each passenger's name and REMEMBERED IT without looking at her paper for the rest of the flight. She also acknowledged my meal pre-order.

Choice of two entrees:
1. Salad with beef strips
2. Moroccan chicken

I had the chicken--delicious! Was served with a sweet, chutney-like sauce in a mini-ramekin, rice, and 3 large asparagus spears. There was also a pile of very flavorful chickpeas. A salad was on the side--mixed greens, tomatoes, and toasted sunflower seeds. Really nice meal.

Choice of chocolate chip or macadamia nut cookie.

Several beverage refills and superb service throughout the flight. Nice job, AA!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bkkth
Yesterday I flew JFK-DFW enjoying a chicken salad with pears, goat cheese, candied walnuts and DFW-SEA eating an open-faced sandwich with chicken and cheese. While others may not agree, I found the offering to be a refreshing change.
Exactly the same menu offered on my JFK-DFW-SEA itinerary today, although I substituted the shrimp and grits for the chicken and pear salad on the JFK-DFW leg. Overall, I can't complain about the food - not the most substantial offerings, although they also weren't advertised as such ("lunch" and "snack" flights, respectively).
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA 2352
DFW-ORD
Snack

PDB Open Bar^

Choice of steak salad with soba noodles or open face chicken sandwich.

Oatmeal cranberry cookie or chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

We were served by a FA who strongly resembled a slightly older Kristen Stewart, with a similar personality (i.e. lack there of). Though, she was very attentive to her credit. Drinks constantly topped off, etc. Pre-order wasn't acknowledged, but I got what I wanted. The salad was alright.

AA 1509
DAY-DFW
Dinner

PDB was just water, but the FA turned out to be great. Choice of grilled chicken with roast potatoes or cheese tortelini. Pre-order worked as advertised. Chicken and potatoes were good. Vegetables a tad over cooked, but tasty nonetheless. Salad was good, with a generous portion of artichoke hearts and capers. But seriously, you can do a little better than half a cherry tomato and two olives. Choice of sourdough roll or honey wheat roll. Caramel cheese cake very good. All in all, a great flight.

Last edited by dat4life; Apr 20, 2013 at 6:37 pm Reason: Add picture
Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA5 DFW-HNL F Jan 2013

Lunch
Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, strawberry or mango toppings, whipped cream and pistachios

Does anyone know if the LAX-HNL/OGG flights also have the Sundae for lunch? Have two lunch flights 253 and 254 coming up. And is 253 really a lunch flight with a departure of 9am? It says it is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.