Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by CMK10
I know I've only been living in the south for three years but I have to say that's the oddest looking shrimp n' grits I've ever seen. Usually it looks more like

Yeah, well .... it's three shrimp with a block of something more akin to polenta, some succotash-like vegetable saute' and sauce. Which is a nice meal - even if calling it shrimp 'n' grits is a stretch - and does retain something of the southern flair. And the corn meal is yellow, which isn't to everyone's taste and not so common outside of Louisiana, perhaps, but I like it that way.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
RDU-DFW

4/25/13
RDU-DFW
AA 1079
Dinner

PDB - Open bar ^

Dinner
Choice of:
Salmon and Broccoli
Cheese Ravioli with marinara

Side salad with standard italian type dressing
Bread basket with french bread or whole wheat
Cheesecake

Beth, our F/A on this flight was outstanding! Not only were there PDB's with a full bar during a hectic boarding, but she paced the entire service perfectly. Hot towel, followed by drinks and warm nuts, followed by two more drink runs and then the meal. Very relaxed, excellent service. Unlike many F/A's who rush through so they can sit down and read the paper or do their crossword, Beth was up and down that aisle constantly the entire flight. ^
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
AA 662 STL-MIA 6:00am

AA 662
STL-MIA
6:00am-9:40am
757-200

Choice of cereal (Special K) with fruit or egg strata

Chose the cereal, only noteworthy aspect was cinnamon rolls and croissants (just like UA). Never seen this before on AA domestic.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
All,

I am planning to fly from WAS-LAS, and have three choices of routes, DCA-JFK-LAS, IAD-LAX-LAS, DCA-LAX-LAS

DCA-LAX and JFK-LAS is dinner, with IAD-LAX as lunch...of the three flights, which would offer a better meal service? If IAD/DCA-LAX is classed as transcon, i'm assuming these would offer the better meal service...?

Thanks in advance!!

ajws_83
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Originally Posted by ajws_83
All,

I am planning to fly from WAS-LAS, and have three choices of routes, DCA-JFK-LAS, IAD-LAX-LAS, DCA-LAX-LAS

DCA-LAX and JFK-LAS is dinner, with IAD-LAX as lunch...of the three flights, which would offer a better meal service? If IAD/DCA-LAX is classed as transcon, i'm assuming these would offer the better meal service...?

Thanks in advance!!

ajws_83
DCA-LAX (dinner) and IAD-LAX (lunch) will be very similar in entree choice and wine choice. The two differences are that DCA-LAX will have a choice of appetizer and an ice cream sundae, while IAD-LAX will not have an appetizer (still have a salad) and will have the pre-made ice cream desert.

I dont have any experience on JFK-LAS (dinner), but my guess is that it would be a 'plus' dinner like DFW-SFO, so it would have an appetizer and the same pre-made ice-cream desert that IAD-LAX has at lunch.

Net-net, I would say that based solely on the meals, DCA-LAX (dinner) is going to be your best choice. That could change if someone corrects me that JFK-LAS is given the full flagship service dinner treatment.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:59 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
AA 889 MIA-SFO
Dept. 4:45P (Actual 5:45P) - Arrival 8:00P (Actual 9:00P)
757-200
4/30/13

No PDB, but FA's distributed bottles of water before the door closed.

No hot towels.

Menus were handed out and dinner choices were Panko Crusted Chicken served with lemon thyme sauce, roasted rosemary baby potatoes and vegetables OR Cheese Ravioli with tomato cream sauce.

Why does AA bother to serve something Panko crusted if you cannot maintain the crispiness of the dish?

I was surprised that the main dish was served together with the appetizer and salad. On previous transcon dinner flights this was done separately.

Mojito shrimp with somen noodles - When will AA revamp transcon meals and offer new appetizers/main dishes? Seriously, two shrimps only? I once ordered a special meal and I had more than 2 shrimps with cocktail sauce as an appetizer.

Salad - lettuce, red onion and a sprinkling of feta cheese with a choice of dressing. A bit lacking in my opinion. Please add some olives or cherry tomatoes.

Panko crusted chicken - the sauce was more robust than lemon thyme. As a matter of fact it tasted like roast beef jus.

Dessert - Fruit cup, cheese plate OR made to order sundae. Isn't the fruit cup supposed to be served with the pre-arrival cookies?

Pre-arrival cookie - chocolate chip or cranberry with white chocolate.

Last edited by aw; May 1, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Old May 2, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE

Sounds like you got the "express" service Mia-sfo by a lazy crew.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan
Sounds like you got the "express" service Mia-sfo by a lazy crew.
Not really most of the time, everything but the desert is served together, which I do not understand... I think most crews do it this way then don't.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Not really most of the time, everything but the desert is served together, which I do not understand... I think most crews do it this way then don't.
I had my main served separately as recently as two weeks ago on DFW-SFO, and it's been the norm on transcons and "special service flights" like DFW-SFO for me, but there's no accounting for crews for sure.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by aw
Why does AA bother...
Fly United and Delta transcon flights (non JFK) and you'll know just how much better AA is.

This is what United serves on transcon (non JFK/EWR flights):

That salmon cup is the same size as AA's nut ramekin. And, there is exactly 1 film of smoked salmon the size of a quarter. Salad? All you are going to get are tomatoes and cucumber. At least AA gives you other toppings. You want pretzel rolls? In your dreams.

Last edited by BlissWorld; May 2, 2013 at 8:24 am
Old May 2, 2013, 11:48 am

AA JFK-LAX/SFO Breakfast flights

May 2013 Menus

AA 33 JFK to LAX
(JFK to LAX/SFO Morning flights)

Brunch
Breakfast Breads

Entrées
Breakfast Skillet
Cream cheese and chive scrambled eggs with goat cheese sauce, potatoes O’Brien and grilled asparagus
An American Classics Item

Cereal and Yogurt
Served with a banana and fresh seasonal berries

Light Refreshment
Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

3Cls, Business, Brunch-Snack
73PM011-73PM002 5/13 203C001-1A

Not sure if it is new but the cheese plate is reintroduced, but the F/A served them in the middle of the flight - very strange!
Old May 2, 2013, 12:50 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
BlissWorld - There is no doubt that AA catering is way better than UA, but that doesn't mean that they can not make room for improvements. PMCO used to have great transcon meals but unfortunately that did not stick with the merger.

Carfield - Sometimes I wonder if AA crew actually take the time to read the menu that they hand out. The breakfast skillet is one revolting-looking dish.
Old May 2, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
LAX-DFW
Boeing 767
First Class
Lunch

I switched to this flight at the last minute, yet still was able to retain my upgrade! ^

No PDB

Hot scented towel, followed by hot nuts and drink of choice after takeoff.

I was glad that, even after sitting in the last row on an even flight, I got my meal choice. Choices were the Moroccan lemon chicken, or steak salad. I chose the chicken. After having had this meal out of other hubs and loving it, I was surprised (or, maybe I shouldn't have been knowing LAX catering) that it looked and tasted different coming out of LAX. It was still okay, but didn't have the flavor or texture of that out of other hubs. It was served with a side salad, and choice of hot roll from the bread basket, including the pretzel roll! ^

Choice of white macadamia nut or chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Drink refills were constant from the attentive FA!^

Loved laying back in the 767 seats after service!

AA clearly has a superior product on this route versus UA and the CR7.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
[B]

Hot scented towel, followed by hot nuts and drink of choice after takeoff.
Hot scented towel? Ahhh, scented like what? After receiving many of the warm towels I've never had one "scented."
Old May 2, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by F&B767
Hot scented towel? Ahhh, scented like what?
Mine are always scented, although usually eau de 20 year old potable tank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.