Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
01.02.12, DFW-SEA, Lunch

01.02.13, DFW-SEA (737, new seats), 12:55p departure, lunch

No pre-departure beverage.

Very odd flight. Passengers were offered three lunch choices:
1. "Beef tenderloin salad"
2. Pastrami sandwich
3. Chicken salad sandwich

The beef tenderloin salad (which I had) was typical catering (and was good -- very flavorful dressing, 3 strips of beef, field greens, and some thick noodles). However, the other two options were from the coach buy-on-board meals. They were served on meal trays with linens, but were wrapped in plastic. Each sandwich was served with a typical first class small salad.

Oddly, white wine was served from a large bottle, while red wine was served from coach splits. And all water was served from small bottles (like the ones given to each passenger on an AA transcon).

I guess it must have been a catering error.

Service was OK -- kudos to the FA for being creative with lunch given the catering issue @ DFW. Just wish he would have been more attentive during the after-lunch portion of the flight.

Last edited by dcfrequentflyer; Jan 5, 2013 at 8:23 am Reason: 2013!, Not 2012.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:40 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the AA forum, dcfrequentflyer! Thanks for helping start off this year's thread by posting a few menus and experiences for the community! ^
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:26 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG

Hoping I could get some advice/recommendations regarding ANC-MIA F this coming August....

I'm looking at ANC-DFW redeye nonstop then onto MIA -or- ANC-LAX on Alaska Air, then onto MIA on a AA 777 nonstop. All legs would be in First.

Aside from the aircraft (757 vs three class 777) and the Alaska Air leg, what recommendations do any of you have re onboard service/meals, etc. In other words, is it better to take the 757 ANC to DFW redeye or the 777 from LAX to MIA...?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
DUT
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DUT
Hoping I could get some advice/recommendations regarding ANC-MIA F this coming August....

I'm looking at ANC-DFW redeye nonstop then onto MIA -or- ANC-LAX on Alaska Air, then onto MIA on a AA 777 nonstop. All legs would be in First.

Aside from the aircraft (757 vs three class 777) and the Alaska Air leg, what recommendations do any of you have re onboard service/meals, etc. In other words, is it better to take the 757 ANC to DFW redeye or the 777 from LAX to MIA...?

DUT

WOW talk about planning, a lot can happen in 8 months, I wouldn't worry about this for a couple of months.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by DUT

DUT
The meal choices will change several times between now and August. W/that said - there is no comparison between the two. Take the 777.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA, DL
LAS-ORD Breakfast

Choices were oatmeal served with blueberries, or cheese omelet with sausage links and potatoes and a side of fruit (melon). Both served with a choice of biscuit or blueberry muffin.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
01.04.12, LAS-DFW, Snack

Thanks for the welcome, JT...

01.04.13, LAS-DFW (MD80), 3:20p departure, snack

No pre-departure beverage

Hot nuts

2 choices:
1. Beef salad
2. Chicken wrap

I had the beef salad. It was served with one container of peppercorn dressing (ranch-like). It was good -- 4 strips of beef (cold), variety of greens, grape tomatoes, bleu cheese chunks, etc. I would have preferred a different dressing, but that's just me.

I noticed that the chicken wrap was a larger portion that I've seen on previous snack flights since the snack meals were re-done late last year.

Following was a cookie, either "white chocolate chip" or "white chocolate chip cranberry."

Mint during descent.

Very attentive service -- beverages refilled, etc.

Last edited by dcfrequentflyer; Jan 5, 2013 at 8:23 am Reason: Had the wrong year in the post! Still getting used to 2013...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:30 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG

Alaska mileage award...I should decide sooner than later before awards become unavailable. I'm leaning toward the 777 routing through.

I know specific meals wont be determined yet, but am hoping for a general impression of service (to include meal offerings). Thanks for the feedback, this will be my first time on AA...

As info, on the ANC-LAX Alaska redeye, Alaska typically serves a small cheese and cracker plate after takeoff and a small sweet-roll prior to landing. Sorry, i don't have a pic to post, but it is nothing spectacular. No heated towels either last time I flew it in September.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine

LGA-ORD 2PM-ish departure

"Snack"

Pre Departure choice of OJ or Water

Hot Nuts

Choice of either:

Chicken Salad Sandwich
or
Turkey with Brie Sandwich

Cookie for Dessert

Mint before arrival

----------------------------

I opted for the Turkey and Brie sandwich and it came open-faced with slices of Roma tomatoes covered with sprigs of Basil.

Sandwich was above average, but not life changing. Brie was not especially noticable.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 3683 ORD-ABQ on 1/4/13
Scheduled @ 8pm
Actual 8:15ish due to an issue w/a UM

PDB
Cold nuts in a wine glass
Choice of Salmon w/corn & black bean salsa or chicken curry
A VERY tiny wedge (approximately 1/4 of the size it was a month ago on this route) of turtle cheesecake for dessert
No mints prior to landing
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:22 am

01.04.13, DFW-DCA, Snack

01.04.13, DFW-DCA, 737 (sky interior!), 8:55p departure, Snack

No pre-departure beverage (a bit annoying; coach was a quarter full; boarding was done 15 min. before departure time; and FAs stood in galley and chatted)

Hot nuts

Choice of two items:
1. Chicken salad (green salad with chicken strips on top)
2. Roast beef wrap

I had the wrap. Surprisingly large portion for 'snack' service. It was served with a handful of veggies and a small ramekin of ranch dressing. The wrap was ok--it had cheese (provolone, I think), some roasted yellow peppers, and lettuce.

After the food we had the choice of two cookies, chocolate-chocolate chip (yum) or oatmeal cranberry. They were served on napkins, not small plates like usual.

Once we were in the air, service was attentive.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Does anyone know why in F on a 3 class transcon some meals on the same route have appetizer-salad-main-desert (ie 4 course meal) and others just salad-main-desert (3 courses)?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA 470
DFW-DCA
D 7:40 PM AR 11:25 PM
Dinner
1/6/2013

First mainline flight as EXP, made better by my upgrade clearing at the gate. I was sweating it out as the flight showed F1 for the since last night, per EF. So I'm celebrating by picking a GoGo pass to report on the menu mid-flight

No PDB

Choices for dinner were herb chicken with sweet potatoes or 4 cheese pasta. I got the herb chicken, which was nice and tasty. Salad was served with italian dressing, and included capers-something I've never seen before.Dessert same old turtle cheesecake. Crew attentive, though not particularly personable.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Actually, AFAIK, ALL transcons get appetizers. However, 2-class transcon F will get the appetizer and salad on the same tray, followed by the main entree, then accompanied by dessert (sundaes/fruit and cheese). 3-class transcon (JFK-SFO/LAX) get the appetizer and salad served separately (as in, full-sized and served separately), followed by the main entree and sundaes/fruit and cheese plate.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by duckied
Does anyone know why in F on a 3 class transcon some meals on the same route have appetizer-salad-main-desert (ie 4 course meal) and others just salad-main-desert (3 courses)?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I know AA has enhanced the midcon lunch service to include actual hot meal entrees, how about transcon? Appetizer with hot entree now? Or still lame no appetizer with just either a cold plate or sandwich? AA hasn't enhanced breakfast transcon service, so I wouldn't be surprised if lunch hasn't been enhanced either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.