Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Why would you ever expect cereal on a Snack flight? There's no such variant of breakfast snack on AA. Cereal and fruit should be expected on Breakfast (as one of the rotating options) or Continental Breakfast flights.
Because for a continental breakfast flight it's oftentimes posted on the departure board as "breakfast snack" so I just pictured the continental breakfast. However as I mentioned I was pleasantly surprised.

I think this has also been an issue on a LAX-JFK 930am departure when they are served breakfast instead of lunch and people think it should be lunch (which I agree).
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Breakfast skillet on the 7am SFO-JFK:

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
02.19.13, DCA-MIA, Snack

02.19.13, DCA-MIA (737, new seats), 3:10p departure, snack

No PDB

Hot towel

Hot(ish) nuts

Choice of two snack entrees:
1. Chicken curry wrap (which looked be served with pearl couscous)
2. Salad with salmon

I had the salad. Enjoyed it--field greens with pineapples, a well-cooked piece of salmon, and a sesame-ginger dressing.

Cookies followed.

Service OK--drink refills after the meal would have been nice.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
DFW-DEN
Super 80
Dinner
Wi-fi enabled and working^
5:10pm departure
Arrived 7 minutes early

No PDB

Hot scented towel, followed by drink of choice after takeoff accompanied by HOT mixed nuts.

FEBO was followed properly, and choices tonight were salmon or ravioli (both served as hot dishes ^).

I had the salmon and thought it was delicious. It came with a side salad with pre-poured on vinaigrette dressing. Salad included a couple olives. Choice of sourdough or multi-grain rolls from the bread basket with butter already on the tray. On the plate with the salmon was some type of tasty white sauce, broccolini, and rice pilaf. I thought the dish was cooked perfectly and tasted excellent with just the right moisture content. Plated cheesecake was also on the tray. Tray had a napkin with fork and knife and the paper salt/pepper packets that have been missing from my last few meals. Wine rounds were made with the meal, and a drink of choice offered when clearing the trays, too.

Mints offered prior to landing.

FAs worked very hard to accomplish a smooth and polished service on this short flight.

Soap box aside: Why anybody chooses to fly UA in a premium cabin on this route, I'll never know. If you're lucky, you get a mainline aircraft with a snack basket. Usually its a RJ with nada. AA wins my business hands-down and I'm hopeful that the merger doesn't affect offering good, quality meals on flights such as this.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
[B]DFW-DEN
FEBO was followed properly, and choices tonight were salmon or ravioli (both served as hot dishes ^).
Mainline AA dinner options are always hot dishes. Eagle does not have ovens and will be cold. And one or both Snack / Lunch options are usually cold dishes. I'm guessing you note this as a comparison to UA, right?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
Because for a continental breakfast flight it's oftentimes posted on the departure board as "breakfast snack" so I just pictured the continental breakfast. However as I mentioned I was pleasantly surprised.
I can't say I recall how Continental Breakfast is listed on gate monitors. I'll keep a watch out for that.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
Continental breakfast as least my my DFW-ORD flights have consisted of a small cup of yogurt a fruit plate and choice of bread.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM Miles); Hilton Hhonors Diamond; Hyatt GP Diamond; Priority Club Platinum
I tried the chicken curry wrap today RDU -- MIA. It was very good. The cous cous was a bit bland, but the chicken curry in the wrap was right up my alley.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Not impressed with the selections for an upcoming March IAD-LAX lunch flight:

Mango Cilantro Chicken
Grilled mango cilantro chicken served with a mango ginger vinaigrette, roasted asparagus and sweet potato hash

Salmon Niçoise Cold Plate
Mesclun mix with Yukon potatoes, kalamata olives, haricots verts, Roma tomatoes, egg, grilled salmon and balsamic vinaigrette accompanied by chilled ratatouille

Unfortunate that the transcon lunches are a solid step down from transcon dinners.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tom911
Breakfast skillet on the 7am SFO-JFK:

Best enjoyed by avoiding looking at it at first until you've had a chance to stir it all together. It looks disgusting as it's presented. (I lost my appetite for a while after seeing this for the first time.) It tastes better than it looks once you do the work to make it more presentable.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:01 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Midcon dinner - westbound

Cheese Tortellini with Romano Sauce
Homemade tortellini stuffed with three cheeses, topped with tomato, mushroom and mozzarella sauce, Parmesan cheese and parsley

Grilled Chicken
Accompanied by roasted red pepper sauce, roasted red potatoes with Parmesan and sautéed vegetables

Midcon snack

Roast Beef Wrap
Offered with vegetable crudite

Buffalo Chicken Salad
With ranch dressing

Midcon dinner - eastbound

Ravioli
Cheese ravioli with tomato cream sauce

Grilled Salmon
Served with roasted garlic beurre blanc, orange-scented rice and sautéed broccolini with garlic
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:54 pm

AA 3869 8:10 pm ORD to SFO: meal listed as "snack or brunch"?

Technically, I suppose this is correct if they serve only a snack... pretty sure no brunch though. Does anyone who flies this route know if dinner is usually served or is this after dinner hours for AA?

Edit: Sorry, 1711, not 3869.

Last edited by djibouti; Mar 4, 2013 at 11:07 am
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
My dinner westbound was same as JY1024 mentioned for DFW-SEA flight 831 on 3-2 with an orea sundae at the end. I believe there was a cheese tray alternative.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Originally Posted by smashr
Not impressed with the selections for an upcoming March IAD-LAX lunch flight:

Mango Cilantro Chicken
Grilled mango cilantro chicken served with a mango ginger vinaigrette, roasted asparagus and sweet potato hash

Salmon Niçoise Cold Plate
Mesclun mix with Yukon potatoes, kalamata olives, haricots verts, Roma tomatoes, egg, grilled salmon and balsamic vinaigrette accompanied by chilled ratatouille

Unfortunate that the transcon lunches are a solid step down from transcon dinners.
These were my choices two on a recent 763 SFO-MIA Lunch flight. I wasn't too excited either. I pre-ordered the salmon and it was fine; nothing fantastic but better than expected. HeathBar Sundae was killer.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
3/4/13 AA 1323 BOS-ORD
Departed right on time @ 8:30

No PDB

Breakfast choices, direct from the AA website where I pre-ordered (a first for me) were:

Cereal with milk and fresh fruit
or
Soy Bacon Quiche Lorraine with asparagus and herb-crusted tomato.

Mints before landing

Had the quiche, along w/a biscuit, which was very nice.

FA said, when I responded to his question of what I wanted for breakfast by telling him I 'had ordered the quiche', that he 'wasn't used to that new system yet', which I took to mean he didn't check before starting the service to see who had pre-ordered. Have pre-ordered my lunch for tomorrow's flight & will be interested to see how that goes w/the FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.