Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 6:44 pm

AA 121 Has Best Steak In 30 Years Of Flying

I tried to post this comment a few days ago, but for some reason I was not able to post a similar message on the AA FlyerTalk Site.
My wife and I, each of whom has over 30 years of flying experience, had our best steak ever on AA 121, the 757 flight from CDG-JFK. We inquired about ordering a meal before we boarded and were rebuffed at every step so we settled in on taking potluck on this flight even though we were in the last 2 seats up front as we had booked months ago.

Despite AA's attempt to improve food services by adding a number of chefs that we personally know as foodies, both my wife and I independently struck out on something that we might like, so we fell back to what we almost never order in the air,-steak!!! We asked the purser, Alex who proudly told us he had 25 years of AA experience that we independently would like our steaks rare. Alex told us he would try, but that in his experience, he was unable to guarantee the final product. We told him that we understood, but we had heard that AA was trying to improve the meal experience, and we would be willing to give it a try.

Well Alex delivered perfection-almost as good as we could obtain in one of the NYC superb steak restaurants. When queried about how he did it, Alex said that it boiled down to several factors. 1. The product that the FA's were given is independent of AA who purchased steaks in Brazil and then send them around the system for consumption, but now dependent on the departure location. Alex and his companion serving us in front said that the quality of the meat at CDG was the along the finest they see in the AA system. The product purchased greatly influences what the cabin crew can provide for passengers. 2. How well the meat has been done before being boarded for passengers. In CDG Alix told us the meat was barely cooked so that the FAs had a lot of flexibility to custom the steak to the flyers' preference. Apparently the French are very particular about they food--surprise, surprise!!! 3. The FAs who were NYC based provided years of experience in trying to perfect the dinner to the passengers liking. Alex said that usually a rare steak that we were requesting would require no more than 5 minutes of cooking on board, but when he and his colleague watched our steaks cook, they recognized that based on the thickness and what they were given, at 5 minutes, our steak would still be cold. Hence they gave it another 5 minutes. Again, this was the best steak ever for both my wife and I who have millions of FF miles.

We congratulated Alex and his colleagues on a job well done, and needless to say, they were appreciative of our comments. To make their day, we provided an AAdvantage cert for their use for the "best steak that we ever had in 30 years of flying". Congrats AA, Alex, other FAs who looked after us in 4 E/F and your purveyors of food for passengers.
Alex told us he frequently looks after passengers from JFK-HND route, so we will be looking forward to seeing him on this route. For those of you who may be fortunate to have Alex and his colleagues look after you, we know he will knock you socks off trying to fulfill your expectations.

One last word about this flight--we originally were booked on the JFK-BRU flight, but AA graciously moved us to the CJFK-CDG RT flight when they cancelled BRU and honored our EVIP upgrades. Lots of reasons for us to have flown AA in the past and to continue in the future.
Old May 14, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any recent reports for AA 913 MIA-BOG (763) in J? Is it still LFS service? Interestingly J shows "Lunch" but Y is "Breakfast".
Old May 16, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH GLD, MR PLT
DUS-ORD AA241
Business Class May 2013

DINING SERVICE

Starter
Salmon cheesecake with balsamic glaze, capers and mascarpone

Salad
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables, fennel and fava beans
Greek vinaigrette or Premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads

Entrees

Grilled Fillet of Beef
With porcini mushroom butter and bordelaise sauce, poached olive oil potatoes and vegetable medley

Maple Dijon Chicken
Accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables

Cilantro Coconut Curried Shrimp
Offered with baby bok choy and Hainan rice

Strozzapreti Pasta
With marinara sauce and vegetable medley

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch and seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses and garnishes

LIGHT MEAL

Entrees

Unos's Farmer's Market Pizza
Topped with seasonal roasted vegetables, served with a green salad

Grilled Chicken Breast
Served chilled alongside a tabbouleh kebab salad, pita with tzatziki, kalamata olives and feta cheese

Dessert

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

WINE LIST

Champagne
Gosset Brut Excellence

White Wine
Icardi Pafoj Monferrato Bianco DOC
Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc

Chase's Choice
Specially selected by wine consultant Ken Chase

Red Wine
Piccini Memoro Red
Colores del Sol Malbec

Dessert Wine
Emilio Lustau Sherry
Graham's Vintage Port
Old May 18, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
AA 1692 CUN-DFW
Business Class
Boeing 757 Old Configuration
May 2013

I've done this flight a couple times and have writtenn AA to advise that its listed as Lunch service and its actually catered as a snack. Last time I flew this route the option was a roll, like the ones served at dinner, with turkey and cheese with a bowl of chicken broth and rice. Funny thing is they offered rolls and they were the exact same as the "sandwich". Other option was a cocumber salad.

Todays flight was booked 13/22 in J. No PDP was offere and everything including drinks were served from the trolly. I'm not one to complain about service but two F/As serving 13 customers from a trolly on a 2:45 flight? Come on, thats against policy and pure laziness. Although in the end the crew was extremelly friendly.

Catering out of CUN completely sucks. No warm nuts but rather an off brand trail mix.

Options were:
Cassadia with chicken, cheese, and salsa. Dinner roll and flan on the side.
Or
Avocado stuffed with shrimp salad.

Upgrading out of CUN to DFW is not worth using stickers.
Old May 18, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by F&B767
Catering out of CUN completely sucks. No warm nuts but rather an off brand trail mix.

Options were:
Cassadia with chicken, cheese, and salsa. Dinner roll and flan on the side.
Or
Avocado stuffed with shrimp salad.

Upgrading out of CUN to DFW is not worth using stickers.
I don't think CUN is a catering station so that means the plane is doube catered out of DFW. But that still doesn't mean something other than a horrible sandwich can't be served.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I don't think CUN is a catering station so that means the plane is doube catered out of DFW. But that still doesn't mean something other than a horrible sandwich can't be served.
CUN is for sure a catering station. It's also very evident in the food served as they have different requirements. Also, it's the only place you get some sort of flan as desert almost 100% of the time.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
May 19 PVG-LAX Business Class

Starter
Crab Salad with Mango (3/4 Mayo 1/4 Crab, ugly Mango on the side)

Salad
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables, bean curd, and cucumbers
Creamy Asian or Oil/Vinegar
Assorted "Gourmet" Breads

Entrees
Grilled Fillet of Beef
Roasted Pork Loin (Pre-order had this selection has Duck not pork)
Pesto Salmon (took a couple of bites, not good not terrible)
Whole Wheat Penne Pasta

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Gourmet Cheese Plate

Mid Flight Snack
Stir Fried Noodles with sesame shrimp
Roast Beef on Foccacia
Fresh Fruit

Brunch
Entrees

Bell Pepper Frittata
Salmon Escabeche (Very tasty, salmon was cooked on outside and less cooked on inside, but in a good way if that makes sense)
Old May 29, 2013, 12:35 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
AA 1561
MIA - SJO
Lunch - May 25, 2013

Large salad with only one choice of dressing (olive oil & balsamic vinegar) followed by shrimp and scallops served with a curry sauce and accompanied by jasmine rice and vegetable ratatouille. Chocolate ice cream for dessert.

AA 986
SJO - MIA
Lunch - May 27, 2013

Large salad followed by vegetable lasagna and chocolate ice cream with shavings for dessert. Once again, only oil & balsamic vinegar for salad dressing and no choice of desserts.

Old May 29, 2013, 6:17 pm

Flying JFK-HND in F next month, and here are the options. Are any of these a clear winner? Is the "entree" of softshell crab spring roll just the main tray from the Japanese menu?

-Japanese-style Pan-fried Noodles
Fried noodles with sautéed shrimp and a medley of vegetables garnished with red pickled ginger and ao-nori seaweed flavoring
-Entrée
Softshell crab spring roll with vinegar soy sauce garnished with sautéed vegetable medley
-Mochi Chicken
Breast of chicken in teriyaki sauce with baby bok choy and roasted sweet potato mash
-Grilled Beef Fillet
Served with tomato chile sauce, roasted onions and broccoli poblano gratin
-Orecchiette Pasta
With plum tomato sauce and vegetable medley
Old May 29, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Flying JFK-HND in F next month, and here are the options. Are any of these a clear winner? Is the "entree" of softshell crab spring roll just the main tray from the Japanese menu?

-Japanese-style Pan-fried Noodles
Fried noodles with sautéed shrimp and a medley of vegetables garnished with red pickled ginger and ao-nori seaweed flavoring
-Entrée
Softshell crab spring roll with vinegar soy sauce garnished with sautéed vegetable medley
-Mochi Chicken
Breast of chicken in teriyaki sauce with baby bok choy and roasted sweet potato mash
-Grilled Beef Fillet
Served with tomato chile sauce, roasted onions and broccoli poblano gratin
-Orecchiette Pasta
With plum tomato sauce and vegetable medley

Either chicken or pasta would be my choice. But I don't eat beef or seafood, so that's part of the reason for me.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Anyone had the Orecchiette Pasta (With plum tomato sauce and vegetable medley)? Curious if there is any meat in it as I am a vegetarian.

Flying DFW - EZE - DFW and this is one of the options on the outbound leg.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Antarius
Anyone had the Orecchiette Pasta (With plum tomato sauce and vegetable medley)? Curious if there is any meat in it as I am a vegetarian.

Flying DFW - EZE - DFW and this is one of the options on the outbound leg.
It's the standard vegetarian option on the menu - they've been rotating the pasta types, but it's the same basic tomato sauce and vegetable medley. I've seen ravioli, strozzapreti etc etc. In F you do have the option of adding some non-veg topping to it (usually some shrimp), as well as subbing the tomato sauce for a cream-based sauce, but the standard version is definitely vegetarian.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
It's the standard vegetarian option on the menu - they've been rotating the pasta types, but it's the same basic tomato sauce and vegetable medley. I've seen ravioli, strozzapreti etc etc. In F you do have the option of adding some non-veg topping to it (usually some shrimp), as well as subbing the tomato sauce for a cream-based sauce, but the standard version is definitely vegetarian.
Thanks!

Looks like the return doesn't have a veggie option on the main list. Will special order one.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Either chicken or pasta would be my choice. But I don't eat beef or seafood, so that's part of the reason for me.
Thanks!

Does anyone know whether, of I do the Japanese meal, am I able to also get a soup or salad if I'm in the mood? Honestly, none of the western options sound that great to me, and the Japanese menu posted on aa.com sounds pretty good.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:59 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Need some help with PEK-ORD. In a few days I leave and have the choices of the following in J.

Chicken and scallops noodle bowl
Quiche
Scrambled eggs with cheese
Buttermilk pancakes

Breakfast flight I guess since this flight leaves at 10AM.

I'm never thrilled about AA breakfast and never willingly choose the eggs, but in this case it is described as:

Served on a potato cake, accompanied by grilled fillet of beef and roasted pepper, zucchini and onion medley.

Given the filet, I am inclined to go with the eggs, but has anyone had any of these choices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.