Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST. Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; moderators can edit this Wikipost.

Welcome. This thread has been archived; please visit the 2014 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Because it was a weather delay, you can expect a big fat zero. I wouldn't even waste the time to write a letter. Airlines can't control weather.
Regardless of weather delay, does a compensation for a 9 hours bus ride instead than one hour flight should not be considered ?
At the end of the day, the PAX more than double his travel time to have AA save some money in using a bus instead than a LH or AF flight.
Renting a bicycle to each PAX would have been even cheaper than a bus
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Regardless of weather delay, does a compensation for a 9 hours bus ride instead than one hour flight should not be considered ?
At the end of the day, the PAX more than double his travel time to have AA save some money in using a bus instead than a LH or AF flight.
Renting a bicycle to each PAX would have been even cheaper than a bus
So, LH and AF were flying even though AA had to divert due to poor weather?

Regardless, airlines do not generally rebook on other carriers in the event of weather. You can ask, but I don't know what they will give you.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
So, LH and AF were flying even though AA had to divert due to poor weather?
Oops... you're fully right.

Originally Posted by Antarius
Regardless, airlines do not generally rebook on other carriers in the event of weather. You can ask, but I don't know what they will give you.
Thank you for the info
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT (fmr CK), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
- Date and Flight info: Late Nov., LGA-MIA
- AAdvantage status: EXP
- Fare class: Discount Y, upgraded to F
- What happened: FA spilled red wine all over my shirt while handing it to another pax
- Compensation: $75 check to replace the $75 shirt
- Comments: I would have expected some miles (I'd rather have the old shirt and not go to the hassle of replacing it), but I was compensated relatively quickly so no real complaints
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Based on what I've read, he should be targeting $800 on the transcon, $1,200 on the PVG flight and $500 on the PTY flight - is that reasonable?

Thanks all!
No, all of those sound like ridiculous asks for compensation. Is this friend used to the old United compensation? Maybe 20k miles total for all 3 is reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.