Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST. Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; moderators can edit this Wikipost.

Welcome. This thread has been archived; please visit the 2014 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
In intl F class often there is no "vegetarian meal" but there is a vegetarian choice; e.g., When ordering for friends, I was told by AA that there were no vegetarian meals on flights to South America, but they found that there was a pasta option that had no meat served in Biz class.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...ecialMeals.jsp
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
One problem is catering (often LSG SkyChefs, a division of Lufthansa Sky Group, or Gate Gourmet (Gate Group of Switzerland) sometimes gets it wrong - e.g. delivering salmon mains instead of chicken, etc. The FA can't serve what isn't available, so cobbing something together as described above is the answer. (sluggoaafa recently had this issue as he described it in another thread - he could not fulfill the wishes of those passengers who pre-ordered the chicken, or were allergic to fish, as the caterer didn't load the correct meals for the flight).

The other problem, of course, is AA does not fly BOM-IAH, so which flights did they not get their VGML that was operated by American? Was it NRT-DFW? Not complaining, but asking, the FAs can often get some other vegetarian dishes (salads, fruit) together.

As you were not flying, I am not sure you would get compensated. You can always try, but it's not any help for your parents. I'm sorry they had this problem.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 22, 2013 at 8:06 pm
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
The FAs should have been able to cobble something together beyond bread and butter. Appetizers, side dishes, bread with cheese, etc.

What route did they take? Which segment / airline was the problem?

Can't hurt to complain to customer relations.
Agreed...

BOM-HKG-NRT ON CX

NRT-DFW ON AA

Only had the right meal on BOM-HKG Mom's diabetic as well....
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Leather or Feather?

I've said many times, why doesn't catering plate the mean separately on salads so it can be Vegatable-tarian?

Last 2 weeks it's been a salad w/ chicken or beef on top.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
I've said many times, why doesn't catering plate the mean separately on salads so it can be Vegatable-tarian?

Last 2 weeks it's been a salad w/ chicken or beef on top.
Ditto. And recently I lost at FEBO - was a last-minute trip & didn't do a meal request, and Mr. exquisitered and I were in the second row to be seated together. I don't eat beef, and the options were Chicken Parm or a salad with beef on top. The back rows all got the Chicken Parm, because really, who puts beef on top of their greens? Only one person in the first row even bothered with the meal (I obviously declined and so did Mr. exquisitered - he eats beef but found the combo unappealing), and she was pulling the beef strips off. If it had been prepared separately, at least I could have eaten at the salad. Wonder if the FAs are ever asked to give feedback on popularity of meal choices - this one was a clear loser on my flight.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by exquisitered
because really, who puts beef on top of their greens?
This is a fabulous combination, especially as the beef is on the rare side. This can be done very nicely with beef or tuna. Quite common. As a non-beef-eater, you may just not be familiar with this quite normal preparation

Still, preparing it separately wouldn't hurt.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by brp
This is a fabulous combination, especially as the beef is on the rare side. This can be done very nicely with beef or tuna. Quite common. As a non-beef-eater, you may just not be familiar with this quite normal preparation

Cheers.
Indeed. Pairs very well with arugula, I think. Beef also pairs well in a salad with another vegetarian favorite... lentils... though, anticipating brp's thoughts on that, they do contain carbs.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Ditto. And recently I lost at FEBO - was a last-minute trip & didn't do a meal request, and Mr. exquisitered and I were in the second row to be seated together. I don't eat beef, and the options were Chicken Parm or a salad with beef on top. The back rows all got the Chicken Parm, because really, who puts beef on top of their greens? Only one person in the first row even bothered with the meal (I obviously declined and so did Mr. exquisitered - he eats beef but found the combo unappealing), and she was pulling the beef strips off. If it had been prepared separately, at least I could have eaten at the salad. Wonder if the FAs are ever asked to give feedback on popularity of meal choices - this one was a clear loser on my flight.
The FAs do provide feedback and it is very often tainted with personal bias making their collective opinions less than impactful to those who are listening.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by sukn
The FAs do provide feedback and it is very often tainted with personal bias making their collective opinions less than impactful to those who are listening.
I try, some listen, some what 'ev?

My "bring back the button hole" campaign worked on F napkins.

Next will be "leather & feather on the side".

For the salads (which have improved, thank you AA^) the meat on the side seems like a quick & easy solution. DL has figured this one out.

WT
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Interesting. Maybe not a Texan thing? I grew up in a very meat-eating household, but it was never on a salad. My father wouldn't have had that! Mr. exquisitered agreed with me, and he's also a native Texan. Guess we're particular about our meat here. Heh.

Guess I should have put this in the "what's the lamest thing you can complain about" thread, huh? But it's nice to know the FAs are listening.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ffI
In intl F class often there is no "vegetarian meal" but there is a vegetarian choice; e.g., When ordering for friends, I was told by AA that there were no vegetarian meals on flights to South America, but they found that there was a pasta option that had no meat served in Biz class.
Not true. Flew DFW - EZE last week and EZE-DFW today and there were vegetarian options available in J.

I preordered a regular dish that had no meat in it on the way out and special ordered a veg meal on the return.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT
My son was a vegetarian for several years. Just pick off the meat on the salad if there is some on there.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Interesting. Maybe not a Texan thing? I grew up in a very meat-eating household, but it was never on a salad. My father wouldn't have had that! Mr. exquisitered agreed with me, and he's also a native Texan. Guess we're particular about our meat here. Heh.

Guess I should have put this in the "what's the lamest thing you can complain about" thread, huh? But it's nice to know the FAs are listening.
I think midwesterners (and I consider Texas the midwest in this regard, but I'm not sure how Texas classifies itself ) are meat purists in a way that the rest of us (New Yorker in California for many years now) just aren't. We know good meat (and it comes from you guys), but we just do different things with it.

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
OMA-ORD cancelled today at 11 am, travelling on an award ticket OMA-ORD-SFO-PDX getting in Portland around 9:45 PM. Now it is OMA-DFW 6:15 pm then DFW-SFO getting in around 11:15 pm tonight then 7 am tomorrow to PDX.

New routing not is too bad (I have a 10:30 am meeting tomorrow morning) except all Hilton SFO hotels are sold out, I got the D Desk to find me a room but have to pay the rack rate $299 (HG in Portland was $145 which I was able to cancel). I getting ready to head for the airport in a few minutes, is there anything due? My company will pay the $299 so all I would ask for is a meal voucher and maybe some miles or travel voucher?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by kmandrew
OMA-ORD cancelled today at 11 am, travelling on an award ticket OMA-ORD-SFO-PDX getting in Portland around 9:45 PM. Now it is OMA-DFW 6:15 pm then DFW-SFO getting in around 11:15 pm tonight then 7 am tomorrow to PDX.

New routing not is too bad (I have a 10:30 am meeting tomorrow morning) except all Hilton SFO hotels are sold out, I got the D Desk to find me a room but have to pay the rack rate $299 (HG in Portland was $145 which I was able to cancel). I getting ready to head for the airport in a few minutes, is there anything due? My company will pay the $299 so all I would ask for is a meal voucher and maybe some miles or travel voucher?
If it was due to reasons within AA's control (e.g. mechanical, crew, etc) then they should be giving you a hotel room in SFO and a meal voucher.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.