Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

● For information on current and recent AA flight delays, check out: AACargo.com

● For information on U.S. Airport Delays, check out: FAA Flight Delay Information

● For information about holds, delays, etc. on airports, flights, historical data check FlightStats.

KVS Availability Tool - read here for further information, with access to WSpan Operational Info (FLIFO) on AA flights.

ExpertFlyer also provides FLIFO / Flight Status Comments for current flights in it's Flight Status section here.

● For current and forecasted weather delays, use Weather.com Airport Delays

● To see a flight's path within the US radar areas and delay histories, use FlightAware flight tracking. (N.B. Some features require a free signup.)
Print Wikipost

2013 Flight xx Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on (date) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by metsfan1962
I checked several AA963 flight paths on flightaware.com and they all avoid Cuban airspace. Is this so no fees have to be paid to Cuban government?
Actually I read a report the other day that the pilot of the first 773 flight to GRU was complaining that ATC routed them via MIA. Not sure if your Cuban reason is true or not. Who knows.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
I had a friend on that flt. 963 went mx due to a poweroutage in J cabinwide. Epic fail considering he bought the tkt JUST to fly on that particular bird. If AA can't launch 777 service without major glitches, this doesn't feel like a "new american"
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by LAXNYER
If AA can't launch 777 service without major glitches, this doesn't feel like a "new american"
yawn
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:37 am

Great, J cabin I'm flying tonight
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tonytifao
AA 963 was delayed 4 hours.
Consolidated thread on the identical topic since we likely don't need a new poorly-titles thread for each and every delayed flight:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"delay"})

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by brp
Consolidated thread on the identical topic since we likely don't need a new poorly-titles thread for each and every delayed flight:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"delay"})

Cheers.
I'm not the OP, but I think this was posted on it's own thread because it involved the 77W an aircraft that a lot of us on FT are very interested in. Hopefully it won't be an issue in the future, but if there are continued problems with the new aircaft it would be nice to have a separate thread similar to what the 762's have.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The NYC area WX is causing some havoc tonight....

AA 1969 SJU-JFK diverted to BWI for fuel
AA 118 LAX-JFK diverted to BWI for fuel

Any others?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
what they heck happened to AA 1515 (FLL-DFW) yesterday? I was at FLL flying back to DFW last night and caught a portion of what was going on this

Originally, a 2:55 departure. It was delayed to after 5:15 PM, then later. To like after 7:00 PM. From what I gathered, the plane blew out the brakes when coming in. That led to mechanical delays that could not be fixed. The plan was to use a plane coming in from PAP. Of course, I got out of there before they did. Looking at FlightAware, it seems 1515 departed FLL at about 9:30. But diverted to MSY. Then left MSY very late, arriving in DFW after 1:00 AM

Any insight? That must have sucked hard for the PAX on that flight.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ESpen36
The NYC area WX is causing some havoc tonight....

AA 1969 SJU-JFK diverted to BWI for fuel
AA 118 LAX-JFK diverted to BWI for fuel

Any others?
AA268 (SEA-JFK) was also diverted to BWI, though it appears that they were given a gated position, while we only got a hard stand.

I was on AA118, and it was quite an experience.. Certainly an MR I won't ever forget!

Originally going HNL-OGG-LAX-JFK-ORD-MCI, when I get a message halfway through LAX-JFK that JFK-ORD is delayed over an hour.. It was okay, at that point, as I still had an hour to connect at JFK.

Then the Captain came over the PA about 45~ minutes before our arrival to say that we had to divert to BWI, but we would be back in the air as soon as possible.

Still thought I was ok-- then while on the ground, I got a message that JFK-ORD had cancelled, and I was going to be stranded at JFK for the night. Called up the EP desk, and they tried to check space on DL, but the agent said she couldn't get through to somebody at DL to verify that space existed

While the FO and a few FAs were dealing with an 'unruly' passenger, I talked to the Purser about the possibility of deboarding at BWI, as I could still make it to MCI if they let me off the plane. He said he would ask the Captain, though it was a slim chance.

Thirty minutes later, we were still on the ground, at which point I called the EP Desk to verify that there was still space on the BWI-ORD RJ. Agent confirmed, at which point I saw the Captain walking back up the airstairs. Asked him about deplaning, making sure to say that I had no checked baggage, and that I could still make it to MCI tonight. He thought I would be best at JFK, but then I mentioned the canceled JFK-ORD flight, so he went down the stairs to check with the ground crew about driving me to the terminal.

He came back up, told me to grab my bags, and the crew would drive me to the GA terminal, and then I could catch a cab to the terminal. EP agent then rebooked me, and I bid farewell to the 762.

Though contract staff, the ground crew were very friendly, and we spent about fifteen minutes chatting about the various types of diversions they get, and one guy said he was sad to see the 762 leaving the fleet..

Got driven directly to the terminal, printed my BP, and made it to ORD in time to catch an earlier flight to MCI ^

Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Customs delay on AA 33 Today

Curious if anyone else was on AA 33 from JFK to LAX today. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were in F and apparently had just gotten off a private plane from Brazil and not followed proper customs procedures resulting in the flight being put into a quarantine until the "Government agencies figured it out." I was in J and there were some very angry fellow passengers in there. After about an hour delay we were finally given clearance to take off. Was surprised how open the FAs were about giving info. Easily one of the most bizarre experiences I have ever had on board!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
That is odd; why weren't they just pulled from the flight and by CBP and the flight allowed to proceed?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
That is odd; why weren't they just pulled from the flight and by CBP and the flight allowed to proceed?
We were wondering/asking the same thing. Really bizarre. I guess the whole flight technically was quarantined until it was "resolved." An FA even told us to write AA and complain but I dont know what that would do at this point since it was out of AAs control. They kept making a point too this could have happened to anyone - it was not just a celebrity thing.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Without knowing the whole story, I suspect the reason is because they had mingled with individuals legally inside the United States. CBP had no way of knowing whether the passengers (whomever they were...celebrity does not matter) might have passed undeclared items to people on board. So, one solution was to put the entire aircraft's crew and passengers under federal quarantine until CBP could determine the nature of the violation.

Of course, the offending pax also had interacted with TSA screeners, airport agents, possibly chauffers, etc., and could have passed items to any of them without properly declaring them to CBP. But the immediate concern was the aircraft, apparently.

On a related note: for commercial flights, the air carriers are responsible for delivering all international inbound passengers to FIS (Federal Inspection Services) for processing by CBP, Agriculture, and other agencies. If a gate agent who meets an arriving non-preclearance international flight mistakenly allows those pax to walk into the secure departures are instead of the sterile international arrivals corridor to FIS, both the individual agent and his/her employer could face very steep fines for allowing individuals to enter the United States without proper processing/inspection. (it is akin to smuggling across a land border)

I wonder who would be responsible for delivering pax off a private plane to FIS....perhaps the Captain?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:51 am

Or why not just take the private plane to LAX directly instead of JFK and then on an AA flight?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by sellouts
Or why not just take the private plane to LAX directly instead of JFK and then on an AA flight?
According to this it may have actually been another AA flight? Lots of confused accounts here!

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/13/kim-ka...n-airport-jfk/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.