Wiki Posts
Search

New DFW-BOG; MIA-CWB-POA-MIA; TAM/LAN Colombia codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
New DFW-BOG; MIA-CWB-POA-MIA; TAM/LAN Colombia codeshares

American Airlines today confirmed the addition of two new routes in "late 2013" (so probably November 2013).

Thanks to new U.S.-Colombia Open Skies, Dallas will gain new non-stop service to Bogota.

Further, thanks to additional U.S.-Brazil frequencies opening up, American Airlines will apply to operate service to Curtiba and Porto Alegre on a combined round-robin schedule.

In addition, codeshare service will launch with LAN Colombia and re-launch with TAM, both likely to join oneWorld in 2013.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...150000721.html
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Open Skies
^

As usual, thanks for posting updates!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by hillrider
Open Skies
^

As usual, thanks for posting updates!
+1 ^
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I'm psyched for the CWB flight!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Curious how CWB/POA will be routed, however.

Originally I heard it will be MIA-CWB-POA-MIA. CWB's runway can't take a non-stop to Miami.

But that would eliminate a double-direction redeye, so maybe it will be MIA-POA-CWB-POA-MIA.

Then again, these are VFR markets, and double-direction redeye is not important.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Hopefully LA Colombia flights will be mileage eligible by the time this stuff happens.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
DFW-BOG will be a nice addition to the network if it actually happens. Still though until AA fixes its uncompetitive upgrade policy to Northern Rim South America I would rather connect through ATL on DL than fly nonstop on AA.

Too bad too that the South American local hire FAs (well the good ones, not the EZE-based ones!) can only work to/from MIA and not other gateways. It would be nice to see BOG based FAs working DFW int'l flights...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Any idea about equipment types? I am guessing 75L on MIA-Brazil, but might we see 763 service on DFW-BOG?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Any idea about equipment types? I am guessing 75L on MIA-Brazil, but might we see 763 service on DFW-BOG?
I would assume AA will want to offer a premium product to all Brazil markets so a 75L would make sense. Maybe these are going to absorb the BOS-LHR 75Ls at least partially.

A 763 seems like too much aircraft for that route at least initially probably a 757 or 738 will do.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Interesting news on the CWB/POA flight. I assume it will be a 763 as a 75L may not have the range. I'm interested to see what the final schedule will be. Both CWB and POA are notorious for heavy morning fog in June/July/August. I've been stranded in both airports numerous mornings waiting for the fog to lift. If it is to be a triangle flight, my guess is a late AM departure from MIA with an evening arrival into CWB. Then onto POA for a departure to MIA mid evening. Therefore a daytime flight from MIA to CWB and an overnight from POA to MIA. Can't wait to see the final schedule.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Curious how CWB/POA will be routed, however.

Originally I heard it will be MIA-CWB-POA-MIA. CWB's runway can't take a non-stop to Miami.

But that would eliminate a double-direction redeye, so maybe it will be MIA-POA-CWB-POA-MIA.

Then again, these are VFR markets, and double-direction redeye is not important.
Right, they do not have extend the runway. According of the CWB Airport Map from Google Earth.

As you can see the runway is very shorter. It just only 6,000 length feet. I think it would be put on weight restrictions.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Third runway coming to CWB in 2014

http://www.infraero.gov.br/obras/ind...br/curitiba-pr

(in Portuguese)
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Still no schedule, but AA has confirmed it will be triangle routing combining POA and CWB, with the intention to seperate the two into individual routes in the long-run, as was done with REC/SSA this year.

http://www.panrotas.com.br/noticia-t...013_84339.html
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:21 pm

Any updates on when the DFW-BOG goes into service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.