Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

aa.com Economy / Coach Pricing Display & Choice Bundles (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner).

AA is now offering three types of Economy fares via AA.com:

Choice (fare basis code ends in 1) = Lowest Fare, earn AA miles
Choice Essential (fare basis code ends in 2) = Change Fee (depends on detailed fare rules), 1 Checked Bag, Group 1 Boarding, Earn AA miles
Choice Plus (fare basis code ends in 7) = above Choice Essential benefits plus 50% Bonus RDM, Same-Day Flight Change, Same-Day Standby, Premium Beverage, No Change Fee, Earns base miles plus 50% bonus miles
Business/First as Choice Plus, plus 3 checked bags, No change fee (domestic only), priority baggage delivery at carousel, 50% class of service bonus miles

(Updated 1 Mar 2015)

See this page at aa.com for bundled services.

AmericanAirlines has posted some comments and clarifications in Post 144.

Originally Posted by hillrider
(1Mar 2015) The fee for the "choice plus" bundled extra now ranges from $80-80 each way, up from $80.

Choice plus extras are comprised of:
  • 1 checked bag
  • Group 1 Boarding
  • No change fee (any difference in fares would still apply; valid for American Airlines operated flights)
  • Same-day flight change
  • Same-day standby
  • Premium beverage on board
  • Earn 50% more AAdvantage miles
See these related links:

AA.com: Tailor Your Travel | Enhance Your Travel with Combined Features

FT: AA economy fare basis now ends with a number
Print Wikipost

aa.com Economy / Coach Pricing Display & Choice Bundles (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
It sucks, indeed.

I could live with it IF they add sorting capabilities (flight duration, departure/arrival times or fare)!!!!
Every single airline/ travel site has sorting capabilities now...with the exception of AA

I will also be calling now the EXP desk for booking anything, until they provide a more user friendly tool (or go back to the old system, which was FINE!!)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Yep, terrible. They took out the sorting capabilities? Why? What were they thinking? And according to the informational video, "Choice" lists the least expensive choice first. Except it doesn't. Just checked for BOS-BKK. Lowest fare (from the tabs at the top) is $1,698. First fare in the flight option display is $3,988. Then comes $6,232, and then $2,114. The lowest fare is on page 4 of the display.

This has to be someone's bad idea.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Try americanairlines.co.uk
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I had a lot of trouble booking award travel yesterday, anything I selected told me that flight was not available and to try again, but each and every 'unavailable' flight appeared again and again as available after refreshing, logging out and in, etc. like it was stuck in a loop. They must have been fiddling with things. I haven't looked at aa.com yet today, and now really don't want to.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Horrible, I want my shortest flight option back!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
This change is absolutely horrendous.. I shut down the browser a couple of times because I couldn't imagine a page would purposefully render so poorly!

Bring me back my ole aa.com!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Complete crap! What did they do?

I can't book anything
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Try americanairlines.co.uk
It's been "updated" too!!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yep, terrible. They took out the sorting capabilities? Why? What were they thinking? And according to the informational video, "Choice" lists the least expensive choice first. Except it doesn't. Just checked for BOS-BKK. Lowest fare (from the tabs at the top) is $1,698. First fare in the flight option display is $3,988. Then comes $6,232, and then $2,114. The lowest fare is on page 4 of the display.

This has to be someone's bad idea.
click through to a return flight. Some times you'll find the price as "included" on the return segment. Sometimes you'll find another price to add into the first leg. This drew me way offsides at first when I thought DFW-SFO had jumped to $240 one way in January when AA mobile was showing $240 r/t.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
On the plus side, the date picker no longer reverts to today's date as the default for the return of a round-trip, which I always found maddening.

I hope they're going to fix the sort/view all issues.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Is "Choice Plus" just a new name or is it a new category? Hover over it and see the list of things it includes. Also, if you click on it (or the other headings) you get a list of features with a drop-down menu that shows features by status.
It looks like a new category of bundled goodies, as is "Choice Essential".
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
They need to fix the comparison chart, it's clearly wrong in a number of cases (showing no lounge access, yet 500 mile upgrade eligible on international, showing lounge access on domestic for a couple of fake bookings I tried).

I do like having the first step show a roundtrip price, now that I know to expect it. At first I was shocked thinking a DFW-LGA leg was $600 each way!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The layout issues is temporary -- I've had it render OK last night on my Android tablet but did not take a screenshot and I see today it's back to looking like post #1. From a layout graphics perspective I rather liked it (you will see what I mean when it's fixed) and it's definitely using what I can only think are the new rebranded AA blues, similar to those used in the mobile app.

Have no deep comments from a user perspective as I don't use www.aa.com to book, but was completely and utterly confused by the tab saying "Choice" (it's really "Economy") and I did notice the continued effect of BA's teachings to AA with Economy Plus now being a bookable cabin.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's now rendering correctly for me:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.