Wiki Posts
Search

Chase vs Venture for EQMs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA AA AX starwood
Question Chase vs Venture for EQMs

I'm trying to attain AA Platinum status this year by buying revenue tickets for leisure flying. I know that Venture will show it paid in dollars but since Chase redeems in points-will AA not give me the EQMS?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
If you pay for your flight with either card, you will earn EQMs. If you choose to redeem points with CapOne or Chase as cash to cover the flights, that will not affect your earnings with AA. Those transactions with stay entirely within the respective financial institutions.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks frozen, I know w/Venture I would charge the flt on the cc (and AA would just show it as a revenue transaction and then Venture would pay it out of my pt acct. Does Chase handle it the same way? I don't have either card yet. I just want to be correct before I start down this road.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
What is the cents/point redemption rate when using Venture/Chase points to pay for AA flights?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Venture points are 1 cent per point. So 10,000 pts = $100. The value you recieve for Chase points depends on which card you have. I have ~45000 UR points with my Sapphire preferred and its showing me a redemption of $564. So 1.25 cents per point.

Many will say that you're better off transferring Ultimate Rewards points to airline frequent flyer programs and redeeming flights that way. You will most likely get better than 1 cent per point using that method. I bring this up only for you to consider that there may be better ways to use Chase points than what you are looking into. Venture/Citi ThankYou points cards are better for your purposes.

Last edited by frozyn; Dec 6, 2012 at 11:06 pm
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Poster

thank you

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm new to flyertalk and I find the information from the"experts" is invaluable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.