Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cases Where You Are Better Off In Economy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by jmanirish
I've got a LAX-IAD-LAX MR this Saturday on a 737. The upgrade on the redeye saturday night cleared. This thread is making me think I'm better off saving the stickers and moving back to Y (seat map looks pretty open).
It's been said before here in FT that the seat maps are not necessarily good indicators of how full a cabin is.

This can't be more true since AA started the "Preferred" scheme and some seats in Y can only be reserved if paying for them.

Lots of folks in Y that don't want to pay for "Preferred" will have an unassigned seat until check in time.

I would not make a decision regarding giving up the upgrade until some 12 hours before the flight (within check in time). I think at that point lots of seats will have been assigned and the seat-map will be more indicative of how full the plane really is.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by jmanirish
This thread is making me think I'm better off saving the stickers and moving back to Y (seat map looks pretty open).
This thread makes me hope large numbers of EXP's will suddenly opt to sit in Y thereby making upgrades easier to come by!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by wolf539
This thread makes me hope large numbers of EXP's will suddenly opt to sit in Y thereby making upgrades easier to come by!
^ +1,000,000

I can think of no circumstances at all where I would ever be better off in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.