New AA.com content: Dec 2012 Intl. Flagship / IFS Dining enhancements

Old Dec 3, 12, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
New AA.com content: Dec 2012 Intl. Flagship / IFS Dining enhancements

New content added related to on-board service offerings. I have to say it looks very nice and is well written and well presented. Specifically, the dining page suggests changes to IFS F/J service and offerings. It looks like a soup course is being added in F AND J. Additionally, it suggests made to order sundaes will once again be offered in F AND J regardless of aircraft type. The new dishware and cutlery looks very sleek too. Overall it looks like some nice enhancements.
Old Dec 3, 12, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Next, enjoy a delicious salad or warm up with a savory bowl of soup. Can't decide? You have the option to enjoy both!
It's better than the Olive Garden now, you can now have both soup and salad!

(I actually do like Olive Garden, the breadsticks!)
Old Dec 3, 12, 8:59 am

I guess I'll find out tomorrow, going LHR-DFW in J.

There has been some activity over on the LSG site so something has changed, just not enough detail to figure out what, if the made to order sundae is back that can only be a good thing
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry
should it not say "you'll be hand delivered an amuse bouche. SMH. but at least they are trying....
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You are correct. I prefer my amouse bouche presented on a small dish or similar, rather than someone's probably dirty hand.

Originally Posted by nomaadic View Post
should it not say "you'll be hand delivered an amuse bouche. SMH. but at least they are trying....
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton, Marriott/SPG Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread title updated per OP request.

~Moderator
Old Dec 3, 12, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Changes are already live: Last night I was offered a made to order sundae on MIA-GRU in J on the 777 - previously sundaes were only offered in J on 2-class flights. The bacon-wrapped scallops were served as appetizers, although the soup was one of the options as entree, not offered as an appetizer as suggested on aa.com.
Old Dec 3, 12, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
I guess I'll find out tomorrow, going LHR-DFW in J.

There has been some activity over on the LSG site so something has changed, just not enough detail to figure out what, if the made to order sundae is back that can only be a good thing

Yes, note, for example the new shape to the plates:
http://customers.lsgskychefs.com/psm...rallcycles.pdf
Old Dec 3, 12, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gabrielbf View Post
Changes are already live: Last night I was offered a made to order sundae on MIA-GRU in J on the 777 - previously sundaes were only offered in J on 2-class flights.
Was the sundae served in a proper sundae dish (like in International 772 F / 763 J), or in a drinking glass (like 763 transcons)?

The bacon-wrapped scallops were served as appetizers, although the soup was one of the options as entree, not offered as an appetizer as suggested on aa.com.
Intriguing! Might you be able to post the full menu?

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 4, 12 at 9:12 am Reason: Corrected invalid quote syntax
Old Dec 4, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP
Has the new flatware been rolled out systemwide yet? It seems there are new tumblers too for water and cocktails? Will the new plates mean plated-on-board entrees for 3-class J too? And are these enhancements for IFS only or will the new flatware, etc. be introduced domestically as well. It would seem wise to standardize their product.

Also, I've been wondering about the table and tray cloths. It seems they use grey internationally and blue domestically. But there have been instances on Hawaii flights where we get grey or blue or a combination of the two -- is there any set rhyme or reason for the different colors? At first I thought they were phasing out the blue but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old Dec 4, 12, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Along with new china and utensils, it looks like you can also expect a new water glass in international F, new placemat, white linen, new salt and pepper shakers, new desert options, and a wine flight.

For those not familiar with a wine flight... You get to select a certain number of wines you would wish to taste, presented all at once.

Also, looks like some new menu options and a make your own pasta selection.
Old Dec 4, 12, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
Menu and photos posted on AAdvantageGeek:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/aadvan...ional-flights/
Old Dec 4, 12, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Thumbs up

Wow! This is excellent and a huge upgrade to Business Class catering

Combined with the new seats, AA Business Class will be a truly competitive offering!
Old Dec 4, 12, 8:15 pm

I have to say that the experience in J today was excellent.

The soup doesn't seem to have made it outside of F, but everything else was a real step up in quality and presentation.

The sundae was indeed in a proper dish and was served from the trolley previously used in F.
Old Dec 4, 12, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Are all routes seeing this now? Or just certain kitchens with the new china? Still using a Y class cart in biz or is food hand delivered. Looks like the same small wine glasses are being used in J.

Search this Thread