CX Diamond not recognized on AA

Old Dec 3, 12, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
CX Diamond not recognized on AA

Hi,

I flew AA last summer with a CX Diamond card (on file and physically with me) and it was not recognized in the AA system, neither for the luggage allowance (which I paid for after arguing a lot even if I had my card with me, it did not show on their screen so the lady did not accept it, although because of this argument I missed the flight and I was put on the higher position as an emerald one world only after arguing and showing the card to a supervisor who was kind enough to understand that the card shows my status).

Now, I have a BA ticket to NYC and a return on AA. The same thing happens : I cannot reserve any preferred seat on AA and it does not show as Emerald in the AA system.

Anyone did experience this problem? knows what happens, what would b the solution?

Thanks a lot
Old Dec 3, 12, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Call AA and make sure that your status is reflected in your reservation.
Old Dec 3, 12, 8:58 am

The solution for the AA flight is call AA and have them update your record to reflect your status. It *should* be a short call.

Edit- Antarius beat me to it

Last edited by bayoubabsy; Dec 3, 12 at 8:59 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY Plat, AF Gold, Cathay Emerald, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Sixt Plat, *wood Gold, Hilton Diamond, ...
I called AA but they did not do anything at all, sayng they cannot change it and see it but not as emerald... That I have to give my card at the check in to record it, but then I will not enjoy my seating choice benefits before I get to the airport and ill miss the preferred seats...
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'd give it another shot and call Web Services. Maybe even ask if I could fax / e-mail an attachment with my proof of status on it. This is ridiculous, IMO.
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ruben5b View Post
I called AA but they did not do anything at all, sayng they cannot change it and see it but not as emerald... That I have to give my card at the check in to record it, but then I will not enjoy my seating choice benefits before I get to the airport and ill miss the preferred seats...
I would try calling again; I found that prior to becoming an EXP my phone experience would vary greatly from agent to agent.
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:30 am

Your reservation has your CX FF number but not the status?

Definitely call back - they should find a way to fix this for you.
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
If they see it but not as Emerald, what do they see it as? Any status at all? When did you become Emerald, before purchasing this ticket or after purchase? A well-known glitch in the AA system is that it loads your frequent flyer status when the ticket is purchased, and does not dynamically refresh this field. If an AA member achieves a higher status level, they have to go back to all tickets purchased before achieving that higher status level, have the frequent flyer number deleted and re-added to have it reflect properly.
Old Dec 3, 12, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by gemac View Post
If they see it but not as Emerald, what do they see it as? Any status at all? When did you become Emerald, before purchasing this ticket or after purchase? A well-known glitch in the AA system is that it loads your frequent flyer status when the ticket is purchased, and does not dynamically refresh this field. If an AA member achieves a higher status level, they have to go back to all tickets purchased before achieving that higher status level, have the frequent flyer number deleted and re-added to have it reflect properly.
Not to thread hijack - I thought this was the case, however when I hit EXP (~ 1 month ago), it automatically showed up on my next set of BP's despite having booked the flight as a PLT. Was this just me being lucky or has anyone else seen this recently?
Old Dec 3, 12, 10:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
Not to thread hijack - I thought this was the case, however when I hit EXP (~ 1 month ago), it automatically showed up on my next set of BP's despite having booked the flight as a PLT. Was this just me being lucky or has anyone else seen this recently?
It seems fairly random. It works for some and not for others in an automated fashion. Always best to call. And I have no idea what it's "supposed" to do

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 12, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
And when you're calling, ask to transfer to EXP desk right away.
Agents on the EXP desk seems to be nicer and better equipped to handle difficult situations.
Old Dec 3, 12, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL PLT; EK SLV; VX GLD; HHonors DIAM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
It seems possible that AA's system could be configured in such a manner as to dynamically update the status of its own AAdvantage customers, but only pull-down the status of OneWorld partner customers during the initial booking stage.
Old Dec 3, 12, 11:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
My MPC Gold wasn't recognized at ORD AA desk when agent re-entered (initially it was BA Avios # due to the free ticket), so no free luggage for me so I just did carry-on anyway

*A seems to better in this aspect? I'm hoping at least... as I'll get A3 Gold soon
Old Dec 4, 12, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brp View Post
It seems fairly random. It works for some and not for others in an automated fashion. Always best to call. And I have no idea what it's "supposed" to do

Cheers.
There is a batch job that runs on (I believe) Sunday nights that does this. However for some reason it seems to occasionally miss reservations. However, this probably does not apply to the OP as I don't think it runs on OW bookings.

To fix this, call the EXP desk and have them remove your FF# from the reservation and then add it back on. That should refresh your status in the system. If the agent can't/won't do this just be polite, hang up, and immediately call back and ask another agent (we call this CSR roulette ).
Old Dec 4, 12, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton, Marriott/SPG Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by greasy View Post
And when you're calling, ask to transfer to EXP desk right away.
Agents on the EXP desk seems to be nicer and better equipped to handle difficult situations.
I assume you're suggesting this for AA EXPs; non-AA oneworld elites do not have access to the EXP desk.

Search this Thread