Gold status but no "Priority AAccess" on BP?

Old Dec 2, 12, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Gold status but no "Priority AAccess" on BP?

My wife is a newly minted Gold but the BP she got on AA.com just says "GOLD" and "RUBY" underneath that. Shouldn't it say "Priority AAccess"?
Old Dec 2, 12, 9:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Yeah, probably.

Cheers.
Old Dec 2, 12, 11:08 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Usually takes several days and existing reservations aren't always updated - this is frequently covered in the brag thread.

Call and have any existing reservations updated to reflect the new status.
Old Dec 2, 12, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by BStrauss3 View Post
Usually takes several days and existing reservations aren't always updated - this is frequently covered in the brag thread.

Call and have any existing reservations updated to reflect the new status.
It sounds like the access is already reflected because it says "Gold" and "Ruby."
Old Dec 2, 12, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
If I recall, it took a few days to reflect Priority Access on the BP.
Old Dec 2, 12, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
So if you have the Citi Platinum Select card and also reach gold status (like I plan on doing) - then your BP should specifically say GLD as well as Priority AAcess - correct?
Old Dec 2, 12, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeremysmith View Post
If I recall, it took a few days to reflect Priority Access on the BP.
IIRC Priority Access is printed if the PNR if the PNR has a specific SSR, which a different system adds it based on elite status, credit card status, paying the appropriate fee, etc.
Old Dec 2, 12, 4:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
With Gold / Ruby imprinted on the BP, would it make much of a practical difference to have Priority Access printed on it too?
Old Dec 2, 12, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
With Gold / Ruby imprinted on the BP, would it make much of a practical difference to have Priority Access printed on it too?
good point. AA must be trying to save on ink / toner costs.
Old Dec 2, 12, 9:01 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Although most Golds are likely informed of where they fall within the boarding order, I can see where this may lead to some confusion as, unlike Explats and Plats, Golds are usually not singled out for boarding as the GAs usually just call for "PriorityAAccess" after Plats.
Old Dec 2, 12, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
As a GLD, my boarding pass shows GLD in small letters next to my AAdvantage number upper right, and Priority Access in big letters lower left.

The practical difference would be at the those TSA checkpoints which have BP checks to enter the Priority security line. The bigger and clearer it is, the easier and quicker it is to get past.
Old Dec 2, 12, 10:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They make me read the fine print, and turnabout is perfectly fair.

Originally Posted by swag View Post
As a GLD, my boarding pass shows GLD in small letters next to my AAdvantage number upper right, and Priority Access in big letters lower left.

The practical difference would be at the those TSA checkpoints which have BP checks to enter the Priority security line. The bigger and clearer it is, the easier and quicker it is to get past.
Old Dec 4, 12, 6:04 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Example: Those big bold letters are very useful for getting past the AA staff who are 'guarding' the escalator to security behind the premium check-in area at LAX.
Big, bold "Priority AAccess" means being smiled at and waved through. Missing that you get stopped and they scrutinize your BP which can take quite awhile.
Old Dec 4, 12, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by dw View Post
Although most Golds are likely informed of where they fall within the boarding order, I can see where this may lead to some confusion as, unlike Explats and Plats, Golds are usually not singled out for boarding as the GAs usually just call for "PriorityAAccess" after Plats.
That's what happened to my wife at DFW. They called EXP and Plats, then Priority Access, then Group 1. When they called the latter she figured out they must have skipped Gold but at that point it was a scrum at the gate.
Old Dec 4, 12, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Practical concerns about elite line guards aside, it is better to have GOLD than Priority AAccess. GOLD/RUBY is "higher" than Priority AAccess, and while I agree one should have both, it is possible to have Priority AAccess but not Gold/Ruby through the credit card or other programs.

This has little effect on domestic itineraries, but it could on international trips, as OneWorld does not recognize Priority AAccess, but it does recognize Ruby.

Search this Thread