Cyber Monday Email 2012 -- Link to Expired Deal? [now fixed]

Old Nov 26, 12, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 8MM, UA 1K 1MM, DL Gold 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Cyber Monday Email 2012 -- Link to Expired Deal? [now fixed]

Has anybody else experienced this? I just got an email from AA announcing a Cyber Monday fare sale for Chicago. When I follow the link on the e-mail, the domestic fare sale page reads:

"This offer has expired. To find more great airfare deals visit our Fare Sales and Special Offers page."

The sale is supposed to end at 11:59 PM.

Did they run out of seats? ;-)

Last edited by B2707; Nov 26, 12 at 2:23 pm Reason: To confirm that the e-mail in question was from AA.
Old Nov 26, 12, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec Elite, Hyatt and Hilton DIA, SPG Plat
I get the same message. Bummer.
Old Nov 26, 12, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage PP
What I also found strange, at least in my case, the email did not come until about an hour ago. Normally anykind of "Cyber Monday" sale (multiple products) would come out in the early morning or at least mid morning.

I checked from NYC, nothing special or MR worthy. LGA/ORD was $136 (assuming its bookable), not bad if you have a desire or need to visit Chicago in wintertime.
Old Nov 26, 12, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Received the email five minutes ago. The US deals link shows expired, while the links for the rest appear to work..

Kind of odd, though, to have deals to Mexico appear when I click on the link for Asia/Europe..
Old Nov 26, 12, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I got the same email... also 5 minutes ago. Also expired. Way to go.......

I looked for an area in the useless help section to see if I could send an inquiry... but I can't find a category that applies.
Old Nov 26, 12, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
AA, via twitter, says they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.
Old Nov 26, 12, 3:36 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
To confirm - we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our Cyber Monday fare sale. We will update the page as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
Old Nov 26, 12, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 8MM, UA 1K 1MM, DL Gold 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
It's fixed.
Old Nov 26, 12, 6:36 pm

I didn't get any email...what's it say?
Old Nov 26, 12, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411 View Post
I didn't get any email...what's it say?
Domestic sale:
http://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNetS...n_US&saleId=18

T&C:
Taxes: Prices include (a) a federal excise tax of $3.80 per U.S. domestic flight segment, defined as one takeoff and landing, of a customer's itinerary; (b) up to $18 per round trip in local airport charges; and (c) September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport. For international destinations, government taxes and fees of up to $240 varying by destination, are included.
Purchase
Requirements: Reservations are required. Tickets booked on AA.com must be purchased at least 7 days prior to departure, or within 1 day of making reservations, whichever comes first, but no later than 11:59 p.m. (CT) November 27, 2012.
Travel Period: Sale prices are valid for travel between December 3, 2012, and March 7, 2013.
Valid Travel Days: Prices are valid for travel daily.
Embargo Dates: Prices are not valid for travel: December 21-22, 26, 28-29, 2012; January 2, 5-6, 2013.
Prices are not valid for travel to/from Gulfport, MS, Mobile, AL, New Orleans, LA, Baton Rouge, LA, or Lafayette, LA: December 21-22, 26, 28-29, 2012; January 2, 5-6, 31, 2013; or February 1-4, 8-12, 2013.
Min/Max Stay: A 3-night, Friday-night, or Saturday-night minimum stay may be required, based on travel days. A 60-day maximum stay is allowed for Hawaii.
Reservation
Change Fee: Changes to your ticket may be made if you meet the restrictions of the new fare and pay up to a $150 fee plus any fare difference. See below for change criteria.
Ticket Type: Prices shown are lowest, round trip fares, based on Main Cabin travel purchased on AA.com, and are in U.S. dollars.
Availability: Seats are limited and sample Prices may not be available on all flights. Prices and schedules are subject to change without notice.
International sale:
http://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNetS...n_US&saleId=66

T&C:
Taxes: Prices include (a) a federal excise tax of $3.80 per U.S. domestic flight segment, defined as one takeoff and landing, of a customer's itinerary; (b) up to $18 per round trip in local airport charges; and (c) September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport. For international destinations, government taxes and fees of up to $240 varying by destination, are included.
Purchase
Requirements: Reservations are required and prices shown are for U.S. origination only. Tickets booked on AA.com must be purchased at least 7 days prior to departure, or within 1 day of making reservations, whichever comes first, but no later than 11:59 p.m. (CT) November 27, 2012.
Travel Period: Travel is valid to these destinations between January 8, 2013, and February 27, 2013. All travel needs to be complete by March 6, 2013.
Valid Travel Days: -Prices are valid for travel daily between the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean.
-Prices are valid for travel between the U.S. and the U.K: Monday through Wednesday; other days are subject to higher prices.
-Prices are valid for travel between the U.S., Asia, Latin America, and the rest of Europe: Monday through Thursday; other days are subject to higher prices.
Embargo Dates: -Sale prices from Pennsylvania/Massachusetts/Connecticut/New Jersey, and New York to PAP/NAS/BGI/SXM/MBJ/SDQ/STI/SJU/STT/STX/ CUN/CZM/PVR, are not valid for travel: February 14-17, 2013.
-Sale prices from PAP/NAS/BGI/SXM/MBJ/SDQ/STI/SJU/STT/STX/ CUN/CZM/PVR, to Pennsylvania/Massachusetts/Connecticut/New Jersey, and New York, are not valid for travel February 22-25, 2013.
-Sale prices from Central America to the U.S. are not valid for travel January 9, 2013.
Min/Max Stay: -A 3-night minimum stay is required for Asia and Central America.
-A 7-night minimum stay is required for Argentina, Chile and Brazil.
-A 2-night or Saturday-night minimum stay is required for the Caribbean and Mexico, whichever comes first.
-A Saturday-night minimum stay is required for South America and Europe.
-A 30-day maximum stay is allowed for all destinations.
Flight Applications: -Service from the U.S. to Barcelona operates daily through January 20, 2013; effective January 21, 2013 operates Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
-Service from Barcelona to the U.S. operates daily through January 20, 2013; effective January 21, 2013 operates Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.
-Service between the U.S. and Roatan/Ixtapa operates on Saturday, only.
-Service from the U.S. to Veracruz operates daily, except Wednesday.
-Service from Veracuz to the U.S. operates daily, except Thursday.
-Service between the U.S. and Veracruz/Roatan operates on Saturday, only.
-Service from the U.S. to Asuncion operates daily, except Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
-Service from Asuncion to the U.S. operates daily, except Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
-Service from the U.S. to Salvador operates daily, except Tuesday and Saturday.
-Service from Salvador to the U.S. operates daily, except Wednesday and Sunday.
-Service from the U.S. to Recife operates daily, except Thursday and Sunday.
-Service from Recife to the U.S. operates daily, except Wednesday and Saturday.
-Service from the U.S. to Grenada operates daily, except Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
-Service from Grenada to the U.S. operates daily, except Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
Reservation
Change Fee: Changes to your ticket may be made if you meet the restrictions of the new fare and pay up to a $275 fee plus any fare difference for Europe destinations, a $250 fee plus any fare difference for Asia destinations, a $200 fee plus any fare difference for Argentina, Brazil & Chile, and $150 fee plus any fare difference for all other destinations. See below for change criteria.
Ticket Type: Prices shown are lowest, round trip fares, based on main cabin travel purchased on AA.com, and are in U.S. dollars.
Availability: Seats are limited and sample prices may not be available on all flights. Prices and schedules are subject to change without notice. International prices are subject to government approval.
Old Nov 27, 12, 12:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread title has been updated for clarity, and to point out that it was subsequently fixed.

~Moderator
Old Nov 27, 12, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by _kurt View Post
It's a good thing the deal goes through the day after Cyber Monday
Old Nov 27, 12, 2:16 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Did anyone find any actual deals? I checked all my planned future itins within the promo period. In each case, the sale price is either the same or higher than the price I've been tracking before the deal was announced.
Old Nov 27, 12, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
No big deals were found on my radar- but it does appear the so calle deals are still bookable through midnight tonight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: