FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA 'P' code fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1410879-aa-p-code-fares.html)

SpurMan Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm

AA 'P' code fares

Not sure if I should put this in the BA forum or here with the AA denizens, as it's a half and half query.

Looking at booking an AA 'P' code, (LCY-JFK-LAS-DFW-LHR) since it comes up (a lot) cheaper on ita Matrix. I'll need to phone up for the flights anyway, as it won't take the route on BA website (Can't find one of the LAS - DFW earlier flight that AA has, and of course I get the error anyway). Can BA book me into P code, or do I have to phone AA?

Looking at the thread on P codes, I note some IRROPS issues (like I only get Y with no recompense as the fare is really Y if no F is available, if I don't wait for F availability) Anything else I need to bear in mind?. (I'm BA silver so will have lounge access anyway)

Also, how can I pick my seats on these flights? Do I have to use AA MMB or can I get all these up on BA with the appropriate BA PNR, and how do I get that??. I trust that my BA status means I can pick my seats on booking?.

Thanks all.

m0hamed Nov 25, 2012 6:19 pm

AA using a different system than BA, QF etc. You will see it in MMB, but and may be able to pick seats, but the best way is to obtain the AA reference, and log into AA.com and select seats.

Blumie Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by SpurMan (Post 19744070)
Can BA book me into P code, or do I have to phone AA?

It's a regular published fare, so BA should be able to book it.

Looking at the thread on P codes, I note some IRROPS issues (like I only get Y with no recompense as the fare is really Y if no F is available, if I don't wait for F availability) Anything else I need to bear in mind?. (I'm BA silver so will have lounge access anyway)

This is not the big issue some make it out to be. In case of irrops, you'll be reaccommodated in F, so long as seats are available. (Passengers paying full fare F presumably will have priority.) If F is not available, you can choose to sit in Y, or you can choose to take a later/different flight on which F is available.

Also, how can I pick my seats on these flights? Do I have to use AA MMB or can I get all these up on BA with the appropriate BA PNR, and how do I get that??. I trust that my BA status means I can pick my seats on booking?

If it's booked using an AA flight number, have BA provide you with the AA booking reference. You will then be able to pull up the flight on AA.com and select a seat.

Microwave Nov 26, 2012 1:20 am

Looking at booking an AA 'P' code, (LCY-JFK-LAS-DFW-LHR) since it comes up (a lot) cheaper on ita Matrix. I'll need to phone up for the flights anyway, as it won't take the route on BA website (Can't find one of the LAS - DFW earlier flight that AA has, and of course I get the error anyway). Can BA book me into P code, or do I have to phone AA?

Don't call anyone, just go to aa.com and book the flights you want from there. You should be able to book the TATL segments on AA or BA flight numbers as you like--just alter the search type (AA only, or AA and oneworld) and you should have no problem building the itinerary you want. Good luck!

hillrider Nov 26, 2012 8:45 am

Anything else I need to bear in mind?

Read the fare rules as to the restrictions to changes/refunds (typically nonrefundable).