American Airlines Is "Evolving"

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 28, 12, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dstan
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

This information is now available on AA.com here:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/ourPlanes/progress.jsp
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 22, 12, 10:10 am
Formerly known as MLW20
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
American Airlines Is "Evolving"

While skimming through Facebook I came across this informative infographic filled with lots of details related to how "American Is Evolving".

We are undergoing a transformation as we build towards the youngest fleet in five years among the five largest U.S. airlines. Check back often to follow our progress in bringing you a fresh, modern travel experience.

Here is the infographic:

I'm pretty excited to see all of these changes coming to American. I have a ton of miles with AA so why not use them on a better, updated product! I rarely fly anything but coach so I don't know if I will ever get to experience the fully lie flat seats but I am happy to hear about all of those new planes coming. It is also pretty amazing that 97% of the continental U.S. fleet will be wifi enabled by 2013.

If the infographic is a bit hard to read you can check it out on the American Airlines site HERE.
Old Nov 22, 12, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by MichaelWTravels View Post
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8zaEXZQura4/UK03pWsTMGI/AAAAAAAAG9o/3RXvwFbNKiM/s200/AALogo.jpg
While skimming through Facebook I came across this informative infographic filled with lots of details related to how "American Is Evolving".

We are undergoing a transformation as we build towards the youngest fleet in five years among the five largest U.S. airlines. Check back often to follow our progress in bringing you a fresh, modern travel experience.

Here is the infographic:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-feeE2lf9Rc...0/AAevolve.jpg
I'm pretty excited to see all of these changes coming to American. I have a ton of miles with AA so why not use them on a better, updated product! I rarely fly anything but coach so I don't know if I will ever get to experience the fully lie flat seats but I am happy to hear about all of those new planes coming. It is also pretty amazing that 97% of the continental U.S. fleet will be wifi enabled by 2013.

If the infographic is a bit hard to read you can check it out on the American Airlines site HERE.
Sounds good, though 91% wi-fi in 2012 seems higher than my actual experience recently (even if excluding Eagle).

Last edited by JY1024; Nov 22, 12 at 2:00 pm Reason: Removed imgs tags to save real estate
Old Nov 22, 12, 11:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL
It would nice to see a list of how many of each plane type has wifi and then see it updated.
Old Nov 22, 12, 12:44 pm
Formerly known as MLW20
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Supercub17 View Post
Sounds good, though 91% wi-fi in 2012 seems higher than my actual experience recently (even if excluding Eagle).
Been getting caught in that missing 9% it sounds like!
Originally Posted by LATV View Post
It would nice to see a list of how many of each plane type has wifi and then see it updated.
Not a bad idea. This infographic seemed more like a quick way to update us on what's going on.
Old Nov 22, 12, 12:54 pm

Been getting caught in that missing 9% it sounds like!
same here. pretty big 9% it seems to me.
Old Nov 22, 12, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt AA-Plat 0.1MM AMTK-Select IHG-Gold
On the lounge pic, they say that half the Admirals Clubs have been renovates. The percentage of renovated clubs grows with every lounge they close.

Rick
Old Nov 22, 12, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, AmericanAdvantage Gold
American is the best airline in the us. They outperform the new United and leave Delta's service in the dust!
Old Nov 22, 12, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
"All aisle access" and picture of seats that not a single aircraft in service has. Hmmm...
Old Nov 23, 12, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by TWATWA View Post
American is the best airline in the us. They outperform the new United and leave Delta's service in the dust!
LOL!!!
Old Nov 23, 12, 1:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TWATWA View Post
According to the DOT and other Data, Delta outperformed American Airlines.

However with that being said, after the bankruptcy there is plenty of room for American Airlines to improve itself.

It is a shame that most foreign carriers have done a lot better than the vast majority of American carriers and have experienced higher growth. Our Boeing 777's are made in the USA and we should be the envy of the world with our airlines with the best and newest planes.

At least American Airlines is rising to the task with the largest order of new airplanes out of all the airlines in the USA however.
Old Nov 23, 12, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by ahcjar103 View Post
same here. pretty big 9% it seems to me.
yep -- extra large 9% it seems. Maybe it means 91% of all flight numbers will have wi-fi sometime during 2012.
Old Nov 23, 12, 4:06 pm

It's a fine line between beneficial evolution and destructive mutation...
Old Nov 23, 12, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by adamj023 View Post
According to the DOT and other Data, Delta outperformed American Airlines.

However with that being said, after the bankruptcy there is plenty of room for American Airlines to improve itself.

It is a shame that most foreign carriers have done a lot better than the vast majority of American carriers and have experienced higher growth. Our Boeing 777's are made in the USA and we should be the envy of the world with our airlines with the best and newest planes.

At least American Airlines is rising to the task with the largest order of new airplanes out of all the airlines in the USA however.
Well, if given the choice between AC/AA/JL C YVR-NRT, if I didn't have any eVIPs I would opt for JL, then AA.
The products that American carriers fly to many places in the world in premium cabins aren't as good as foreign carriers in many cases.
Old Nov 23, 12, 5:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I rarely fly anything but coach so I don't know if I will ever get to experience the fully lie flat seats but I am happy to hear about all of those new planes coming.
Why???

If you rarely fly anything but coach then all those new planes on order are worse than the ones they are replacing.

Do you like LESS legroom and 50% MORE center seats per row? Then you will love the uncomfortable BS Interior 738s that are replacing comfortable MD-80s.

Want to get real cozy with the people in the seats next to you? Then you will love the craptastically narrow seats to be featured in AA's new 3-4-3 configured 773s!
Old Nov 23, 12, 8:26 pm
Formerly known as MLW20
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
Why???

If you rarely fly anything but coach then all those new planes on order are worse than the ones they are replacing.

Do you like LESS legroom and 50% MORE center seats per row? Then you will love the uncomfortable BS Interior 738s that are replacing comfortable MD-80s.

Want to get real cozy with the people in the seats next to you? Then you will love the craptastically narrow seats to be featured in AA's new 3-4-3 configured 773s!
Not excited for less space but looking forward to see new planes. If the space will be lacking as much as you describe then maybe I'll have to splurge with some miles to fly biz at times. I personally like to get as many flights for the $/ miles...

Search this Thread